Fights by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS | MMAUP

CONOR McGREGOR vs KHABIB NURMAGOMEDOV

Serious MMA Forum. MMA + Boxing + Kickboxing is merged. MMA Full Fight Videos, Free UFC Videos, Interviews, UFC Highlights, Weigh-Ins, Previews, ... EMBED or link to the source site! Do not start Spoiler-TOPICS!

Who will win?

CONOR McGREGOR
39%
KHABIB NURMAGOMEDOV
61%

Total votes: 28

support
info@mmashare.com
info@mmashare.com

CONOR McGREGOR vs KHABIB NURMAGOMEDOV

Postby support » Sep 12. 2018, 23:17

KHABIB NURMAGOMEDOV vs CONOR McGREGOR full fight on Oct. 6 - UFC 229 Live Stream Replay on MMASHARE.com

... coming soon

You might need to turn off AdBlock

MMASHARE.com

Ezol
MIDDLEW. CHAMP
MIDDLEW. CHAMP

Re: CONOR McGREGOR vs KHABIB NURMAGOMEDOV

Postby Ezol » Sep 13. 2018, 16:17

My brain says Khabib and some other part of my brain says that Conor have won everything that was the most important to win at the biggest stages. This fight might be as impressive mentally and in the buildup as in their physical fighting skills.

Maybe Conors takedown defense is better than we think after the Chad Mendes fight, since Conor was hurt. It's really a question of how their psyche hold up until the fight though.. I barely know what to say, but it is a very instruiging fight stylitically. It almost smells old school striker vs grappler.
Michael ”The One Eyed, Left Hook Larry, Sexy Wizard” Bisping

Herognu
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby Herognu » Sep 13. 2018, 16:57

I am sorry but McG does not have a very big chance. His only weapon is to hit Khabib on the way in. Hitting Khabib on the way in, hitting Khabib the first time, hitting him the firmt time with a clean shot and then hoping for a clean KO? Well the chance is slim, very slim.
On the other hand the chance that McG gets taken down is very big and when he is on the floor the chance that he at least gets worn out, perhaps not TKO or KO but just worn out is big. Khabibs wrestle combining GnP is levels above McG takedown defence and technical standup/get up.
I just do not see McG vin.

MajorBA
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby MajorBA » Sep 14. 2018, 08:14

Khabib's only notable wins are 3 round decisions. Something to consider.
"If they will play fair I will play fair, but if they won't then I reserve all my rights to do anything I find myself able to do."-William Howard Taft

"We can't cure stupid, but we can alleviate it's symptoms."-MajorBA

Herognu
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby Herognu » Sep 14. 2018, 08:22

MajorBA wrote:Khabib's only notable wins are 3 round decisions.  Something to consider.

Thats a good point and EVERYBODY SOMEWHERE has a flaw and McGMis is a killer no doubt.
But arguing the "only 3-round wins" point we also have to remember 3-round wins only PLUS undefeated!
So who do you go with?

szegedguy
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby szegedguy » Sep 14. 2018, 12:31

Khabib. When the cage closes, trash-talking won't help Conor.

MajorBA
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby MajorBA » Sep 14. 2018, 13:14

Herognu wrote:
MajorBA wrote:Khabib's only notable wins are 3 round decisions.  Something to consider.

Thats a good point and EVERYBODY SOMEWHERE has a flaw and McGMis is a killer no doubt.
But arguing the "only 3-round wins" point we also have to remember 3-round wins only PLUS undefeated!
So who do you go with?

Granted that Alvarez is no Khabib, but McG's underrated grappling was displayed there.  He tossed Eddie aside like he wasn't even there.
Khabib just might think he's a striker now.  He's been easy to hit when the blanket party isn't happening.
It will be interesting to see what all McG has learned from practicing with the 185 lb. Dillon Danis.
McGregor by KO.
"If they will play fair I will play fair, but if they won't then I reserve all my rights to do anything I find myself able to do."-William Howard Taft

"We can't cure stupid, but we can alleviate it's symptoms."-MajorBA

david97471
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby david97471 » Sep 14. 2018, 13:21

The question here is really can khabib finish connor on the ground early like by rd 3. It appeared that connor was able to keep his power even when gassed against Nate in the re-match.  If Khabib gives Connor five chances to catch him coming in I got to think he will. Khabib comes in straight kind of sloppy a lot of the time and his take down ability seems to wain when he gets fatigued as evident from the raging Al fight and also the fight against Glassien Tebou (spelling abortion). I think Connor KOs him rd 1 or rd 2 but I am not very confident but in vegas I would take Connor and the handicap.

gyllespie
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby gyllespie » Sep 14. 2018, 21:59

Just pick any of the outcomes in the Cain-JDS trilogy and the fight will play out the same way.  If you pick the first fight it's not a bad prediction as Mcg does have a heavy left hand. Since Cain mauled JDS 2 out of 3 times, I'd say Khabib is slightly favored to win similarly. I won't rule out a 5 rd decision victory for Khabib. I can see Mcg winning the first 2, then fades in the later rounds where Khabib takes over but doesn't get the finish due to Mcg doing just enough to survive.

Phex
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby Phex » Sep 14. 2018, 23:31

Let's be serious, who here has doubted Conor before? 

EatonRomanoff
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby EatonRomanoff » Sep 15. 2018, 04:55

"Khabib's only notable wins are 3 round decisions. Something to consider." Conor is 2 and 1 against lightweights , something else to consider . Eddie is a solid fighter but circling right into a southpaw power puncher is a recipe for disaster.

phillyfan08
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby phillyfan08 » Sep 15. 2018, 10:54

Conor will do enough to keep the fight standing long enough to fracture this bums lower jaw. Since we won't be able to discuss my precise prediction and outcome the day after, I'll say it now.
I TOLD YOU SO.

Herognu
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby Herognu » Sep 15. 2018, 16:58

I just hope that McG has got far better takedown defence and far better ground game since the Diaz fight.. I simply hate these short fights and if this is not the case it will be short.

Mickel Clark
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby Mickel Clark » Sep 18. 2018, 04:08

I want McGregor to win this fight.
Predictions are, Khabib will win the fight.

Return to “MMA VIDEOS”