Fights by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS | MMAUP

UFC 226: Inside the Octagon - Miocic vs Cormier

Serious MMA Forum. MMA + Boxing + Kickboxing is merged. MMA Full Fight Videos, Free UFC Videos, Interviews, UFC Highlights, Weigh-Ins, Previews, ... EMBED or link to the source site! Do not start Spoiler-TOPICS!
ikor
CRI1
CRI1

UFC 226: Inside the Octagon - Miocic vs Cormier

Postby ikor » Jul 2. 2018, 04:57

Cursed
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Re: UFC 226: Inside the Octagon - Miocic vs Cormier

Postby Cursed » Jul 2. 2018, 13:16

Miocic, will win somewhat easily.... I think he will catch Fatmier with a knee, coming in for a take down....
Yup I'm Egotistic, hard headed, tough, ornery, feisty, blunt, aggressive, stubborn, quick to judge, slow to forgive.... Hell and those are my GOOD Points....

Confirmation
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby Confirmation » Jul 2. 2018, 17:21

Stiepe is a stronger JJ , loks like another cash maker fight with an obvious winer . I hope it will be nice to watch at least
Cormier is fun when beaten habitually :-)

hippielove
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby hippielove » Jul 3. 2018, 21:52

You ‘both’ talking a lot of shit!
Back that shit up!

Play some CRI, Baller Betting or Tapology!
  !nosedrill

ikor
CRI1
CRI1

Postby ikor » Jul 4. 2018, 01:55

Dan Hardy put out some interesting thoughts, that put me into the Miocic side a bit more. It is his short punches, fighting bigger guys with speed like DC, being bigger than him. I wonder if DC can squeeze him on the net or even take him down. DC fought smart and carefully against Oezdemir, yet Miocic is dangerous from inside. But DC is DC, you can't count him out.

TheDemon305
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby TheDemon305 » Jul 4. 2018, 13:04

hippielove wrote:You ‘both’ talking a lot of shit!
Back that shit up!

!nosedrill

Haha i love this +100. Idk im pulling for DC as well. The fact that hes always been smaller beating up bigger guys etc i just respect that. Those who dont need a physical advantage to be great are the ones i respect the most. Miocic has never really amazed me to be honest. He beat an over the hill JDS, and Werdum basically gave him the belt. Nonetheless, this fights gonna be amazing!
"Bite hard get bit hard but don't run".

"A loss is a lesson nothing more,how you soak in that lesson will determine whether it was a gain or a loss".

-Bruce Lee,Bas Rutten,Lyoto Machida,Forrest Griffin,Randy Couture,Petrosyan.

szegedguy
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby szegedguy » Jul 4. 2018, 15:32

I like them both, nice guys, but I hope Stipe wins. He is not so popular, because he's so modest, never angry, never offending his opponent. But he is talented, hard working and smart, as he proved during the Ngannou fight. As someone said, in this special fight with DC, he has nothing to gain and everything to lose. If he wins, he will remain HW champion, and DC wil remain LHW champion. If he loses, DC will have two belts, and Stipe wil have nothing. So, I'm pulling for Stipe. Can't wait to see what happens. And about Dan Hardy's analysis, very interesting and on point, as always. Thanks for the video.

Confirmation
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby Confirmation » Jul 4. 2018, 17:31

They say UFC made this fight to get rid of unmarketable Stiepe.
But anyway , it doesn't matter , this fight has a real potential to be nice and worth money. I am excited to watch it , I even give a good chance to DC even if I put my $ on AM.

Confirmation
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby Confirmation » Jul 4. 2018, 17:35

Back that shit up!

!nosedrill

Ok boss, not a lot , just a lil ,I agree ;-)))  I was exaggerating a bit. Cormier has a chance he is a great fighter I really like him.
Good luck to both of them ! But ... UFC looks for money and delete SM's crown wich is not gonna happen :-))) 

xSamWaynex
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby xSamWaynex » Jul 5. 2018, 00:41

Confirmation wrote:
Back that shit up!

!nosedrill

Ok boss, not a lot , just a lil ,I agree ;-)))  I was exaggerating a bit. Cormier has a chance he is a great fighter I really like him.
Good luck to both of them ! But ... UFC looks for money and delete SM's crown wich is not gonna happen :-))) 

When it comes to marketability Daniel Cormier isn't exactly what the UFC is looking for either. DC is almost 40 years old, and has said that if he were to win the belt from Stipe that it very well could be his last fight. He said that he wouldn't have any more to prove at that point. So why would the UFC want to get rid of Stipe who is 35, and replace him with a guy who is damn near 40, is just as unmarketable, and very well could vacate the belt afterward and retire? It doesn't make sense man.
"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

Confirmation
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby Confirmation » Jul 5. 2018, 19:35

xSamWaynex wrote:
Confirmation wrote:
Back that shit up!

!nosedrill

When it comes to marketability Daniel Cormier isn't exactly what the UFC is looking for either. DC is almost 40 years old, and has said that if he were to win the belt from Stipe that it very well could be his last fight. He said that he wouldn't have any more to prove at that point. So why would the UFC want to get rid of Stipe who is 35, and replace him with a guy who is damn near 40, is just as unmarketable, and very well could vacate the belt afterward and retire? It doesn't make sense man.

It makes a lot of sense , Dana's smart ass ! DC could pass the belt to a more marketable guy and revive HW division wich has no new title contender right now ( Curtis ? not now)  , only rematches .

xSamWaynex
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby xSamWaynex » Jul 5. 2018, 23:59

Confirmation wrote:
xSamWaynex wrote:
Confirmation wrote:Ok boss, not a lot , just a lil ,I agree ;-)))  I was exaggerating a bit. Cormier has a chance he is a great fighter I really like him.

It makes a lot of sense , Dana's smart ass ! DC could pass the belt to a more marketable guy and revive HW division wich has no new title contender right now ( Curtis ? not now)  , only rematches .

Wouldn't it make more sense for the UFC to just pay Stipe a bunch of money to vacate the belt to someone the UFC thinks is more marketable? For that matter IF there are no new title contenders at HW anyway, then it doesn't matter WHO holds the belt right? Also your original point wasn't about Cormier or anyone else for that matter passing the belt along to another HW, your original point was that Stipe wasn't very marketable. Which is why I pointed out that Cormier isn't exactly marketable either. 
"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

Confirmation
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby Confirmation » Jul 6. 2018, 17:11

xSamWaynex wrote:
Confirmation wrote:
xSamWaynex wrote:When it comes to marketability Daniel Cormier isn't exactly what the UFC is looking for either. DC is almost 40 years old, and has said that if he were to win the belt from Stipe that it very well could be his last fight. He said that he wouldn't have any more to prove at that point. So why would the UFC want to get rid of Stipe who is 35, and replace him with a guy who is damn near 40, is just as unmarketable, and very well could vacate the belt afterward and retire? It doesn't make sense man.

Wouldn't it make more sense for the UFC to just pay Stipe a bunch of money to vacate the belt to someone the UFC thinks is more marketable? For that matter IF there are no new title contenders at HW anyway, then it doesn't matter WHO holds the belt right? Also your original point wasn't about Cormier or anyone else for that matter passing the belt along to another HW, your original point was that Stipe wasn't very marketable. Which is why I pointed out that Cormier isn't exactly marketable either. 

Stiep' wouldn't accept such thing he was clear about not giving up the title yet. Plus he is a man of honor . There are no contenders for SM but there will be many for the new champ.  Cormier is not quite out of drama casting , he is pretty "gifted" remember  that aout of ring fight with JJ , that sells man , it's what many viewers look for , circus and gladiators, long live eternal Rome :-)

Confirmation
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby Confirmation » Jul 6. 2018, 17:15

Confirmation wrote:
xSamWaynex wrote:
Confirmation wrote:It makes a lot of sense , Dana's smart ass ! DC could pass the belt to a more marketable guy and revive HW division wich has no new title contender right now ( Curtis ? not now)  , only rematches .

Stiep' wouldn't accept such thing he was clear about not giving up the title yet. Plus he is a man of honor . There are no contenders for SM but there will be many for the new champ.  Cormier is not quite out of drama casting , he is pretty "gifted" remember  that out of ring fight with JJ , that sells man , it's what many viewers look for , circus and gladiators, long live eternal Rome :-) Stiep is so real so down to earth so serious , strong ,smart ,balanced, civilized , that he's just not entertaining , rather a real model of life. But UFC is meant to enjoy relax and entertain not educate. Instead he finishes fights in few minutes or even worse few seconds. A curse for poor Dana , he hates him from his guts where love of money is stuck :-).

Return to “MMA VIDEOS”