Fights by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

Wanderlei Silva targets December for fourth fight against 'Rampage' Jackson

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.
Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Wanderlei Silva targets December for fourth fight against 'Rampage' Jackson

Postby Robert223 » May 18. 2018, 07:05

It’s been 11 months since Wanderlei Silva’s grudge match with Chael Sonnen ended in a crushing decision loss. And yet, “The Axe Murderer” is in no hurry to return.

In an interview with MMAjunkie Radio, Silva (35-13-1 MMA, 0-1 BMMA) said he is targeting December for a fourth bout with rival Quinton Jackson(37-13 MMA, 4-2 BMMA).

MMAjunkie previously reported that Bellator was working on the bout for a date to be determined. Silva told a Brazilian media outlet he hopes to bring the event to Arena da Baixada in his home town of Curitiba and serve as a co-promoter.

Silva didn’t identify any specific reason for his desired timeline, but he is busy building several fighters at his MMA academies in Brazil.

And if “Rampage” Jackson doesn’t materialize, Silva said there are other options when it comes to MMA legends he might face.

“I think Bellator ought to give me Dan Henderson,” he said. “Maybe Vitor Belfort is going to come to Bellator. I think people like to watch our fights.”

Henderson (32-15) recently told MMAjunkie that only a vast sum of money would bring him out of retirement. Belfort, meanwhile, might be a different story.

Silva predicted the defeat of “The Phenom this past Saturday at the hands (or foot) of Lyoto Machida (24-8 MMA, 16-8 UFC). Belfort (26-14 MMA, 15-11 UFC) announced his retirement from the sport after UFC 224, though if history is any indication, the move won’t stick. That gives Silva a chance to reprise another historic rivalry.

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/05/wanderlei ... ge-jackson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFQ0V8TcyvY&list=PLCEE01064AF877F81

thehumongous
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Re: Wanderlei Silva targets December for fourth fight against 'Rampage' Jackson

Postby thehumongous » May 18. 2018, 08:08

Oh Candy-lei!  :lol:

therealweagle
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Re: Wanderlei Silva targets December for fourth fight against 'Rampage' Jackson

Postby therealweagle » May 18. 2018, 21:34

Wand vs King mo

Rampage vs Fedor or Nelson

Better fights
Its better to let ppl think you're a fool than post a butthurt reply and prove them right.
CRI 89, CRI 105 and TUF 14 Invitational Winner
"Why would I hold him down when I can stare him down." Hendo
Wiedman>Silva Sas

Return to “MMA TALK”