Fights by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS | MMAUP

Paulo Costa vs Uriah Hall

Serious MMA Forum. MMA + Boxing + Kickboxing is merged. MMA Full Fight Videos, Free UFC Videos, Interviews, UFC Highlights, Weigh-Ins, Previews, ... EMBED or link to the source site! Do not start Spoiler-TOPICS!
support
info@mmashare.com
info@mmashare.com

Paulo Costa vs Uriah Hall

Postby support » Jul 8. 2018, 01:51

Paulo Costa vs Uriah Hall full fight

VIDEO

You might need to turn off AdBlock

Daxav
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Re: Paulo Costa vs Uriah Hall

Postby Daxav » Jul 8. 2018, 04:27

*****  SPOILERT ALERT *****

Man, Costa's a big middleweight and the guy sends bombs.
Sort of reminds me of 19 yo Vitor Belfort with his body type and fighting style.
Another lion in a already packed division, that's good news
Middleweight - MMA records Pro : 1W/0L Amateur : 3W/0L/1NC
MMA gyms I've trained in:
- Monarchy Gym (Malaysia)
- Tristar (Quebec, Canada)
- Legacy Gym (Philippines)
- M1 (Australia)
- Bangkok Fight Club (Thailand)
- Quoniam Academy (France)

hrvp
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby hrvp » Jul 8. 2018, 05:07

Groin hits and eye pokes. Effective momentum killers
But those body kicks were sick

paupre
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby paupre » Jul 8. 2018, 10:45

Video for first round link broken so I couldn't see that. It is interesting to me as UH seems to have slimmed down but appeared to fatigue badly in the second. It might of been the size and pressure of Costa but since I only saw the ending I can't say. I liked the take down UH got which I hadn't seen from him but wasn't able to do anything with it. I can see the parallel to young Vitor Belfort but Belfort was all about speed Costa seems to be about power, definitely a fighter to watch. It will be interesting to see how he does against a strong grappler focused fighter. I don't know where this puts UH he can look so awesome at times then a fight like this just highlights his inconsistency, which in a way also reminds me of Vitor Belfort at times in his career.

minty11
WELTERW. CHAMP
WELTERW. CHAMP

Postby minty11 » Jul 8. 2018, 15:53

Uriah looked drastically different after Paulo tee'd off on his body midway to late in the first round. Those shots were LOUD, and took the stamina right out of Hall. It's nuts, like others have said, to see UH look so impressive sometimes and undone at others. His mental game has always been on question. Taking nothing away from Costa - that drastic reach disadvantage and eating a ton of jabs, even getting rocked - didn't stop him from getting in and breaking Hall down. Strong finish, and good fight. Will definitely be interesting to see where he goes from here.

ikor
CRI1
CRI1

Postby ikor » Jul 9. 2018, 01:26

Hall looked hungry and on fire again, but Costa's strenght was simply to much.

Chimp
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Chimp » Jul 9. 2018, 08:24

Yeh big swing towards Costa in the second round... dude can eat jabs for breakfast! But when he smells blood he’s got that big power so even if you block them you’re still gonna get fucked

medicineeng
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby medicineeng » Jul 10. 2018, 00:21

I absolutely adore how Costa ripped UH's body...
Man, it looked that scene from Rocky where he is in the slaughterhouse throwing bombs at a carcass...

Thing of beauty...
The lunatic will lead the blind
ADF

Daxav
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby Daxav » Jul 11. 2018, 09:04

Had to watch it again, being a former middleweight guy myself, I'm super impressed with Costa's striking speed/combos and ridiculous powershots.
The guy sure deserves his bonuses when putting shows like that, can't wait to see his next fights.
Middleweight - MMA records Pro : 1W/0L Amateur : 3W/0L/1NC
MMA gyms I've trained in:
- Monarchy Gym (Malaysia)
- Tristar (Quebec, Canada)
- Legacy Gym (Philippines)
- M1 (Australia)
- Bangkok Fight Club (Thailand)
- Quoniam Academy (France)

0T0
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby 0T0 » Jul 13. 2018, 03:53

Hope Costa adopts a more versatile approach, otherwise his only shot at counted success would be opponents dumb enough too stand right in front of his strikes. Hall hasn't really lived up to his potential in some time, but tonight, after the midway point of the 1st, Hall was more or less a stationary target. Good luck to both in the future.
DAMN homie!!! Quit hoggin' da Hateraid! Ya suppose' ta take a swig an' pass. It a' come back 'round ta ya soon nuff! $h¡t!

yodelling
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby yodelling » Jul 14. 2018, 07:18

0T0 wrote:Hope Costa adopts a more versatile approach, otherwise his only shot at counted success would be opponents dumb enough too stand right in front of his strikes. Hall hasn't really lived up to his potential in some time, but tonight, after the midway point of the 1st, Hall was more or less a stationary target. Good luck to both in the future.

Pretty sure the body shots did him in, and Hall just kept his poker-face on but lost all his mobility... As for Costa, he's overwhelming guys for a living, just relentless pressure and sick head-body combinations.

He may suffer a fate similar to that of Gaethje though, he gets rocked frequently and at one point his chin will give in. The question is how much damage he'll have been able to dish around his division by then, if he can put one or two performances like this together we may start hearing talks about a top-5 opponent for him, and at that level one can only wonder.
I see crazy entertaining fights for us in the near future though, Yoel (if he doesn't move up right away) standing and trading and trying to take him down, or Whittaker just putting it all together against this plodding Brazilian monster :like
FOTY - let's get it going!

yodelling
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby yodelling » Jul 14. 2018, 07:21

Brunson, Jacare, Gastellum and Weidman would all make for sick fights against Costa just as well. Man, MW is STACKED!!!
FOTY - let's get it going!

Return to “MMA VIDEOS”