Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

TYRON WOODLEY vs DEMIAN MAIA

MMA + Boxing + Kickboxing is merged. MMA Fight Videos, Free UFC Videos, Interviews, Highlights, Weigh-Ins, Previews, ... EMBED or link to source site! Do not start Spoiler-TOPICS!
Ser Davos
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Re: TYRON WOODLEY vs DEMIAN MAIA

Postby Ser Davos » Aug 4. 2017, 08:14

Yea I agree it is identity politics. He's identified as boring by most but still talks a big game and complains constantly, people don't like that. But instead of proving people wrong he proves them right with his boring low output/effort fights. That will get you boos no matter what color you are.

Confirmation
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby Confirmation » Aug 5. 2017, 15:58

Demian Maya is more interesting better known and appreciated than T W.

kab
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby kab » Aug 6. 2017, 17:59

Kizzo wrote:
rique000 wrote:Your statistics have nothing to do with the reason fans did not boo Conor.

rique000 wrote:Fans did not boo Conor when he ran and turned his back on Daiz.  They cheered and praised his intelligence and did not see it as cowardice.

I haven't rewatched the fight and it's been awhile so my memory could be off, but I think I've heard some boo's in that fight when he did that.

rique000 wrote:Conor did not stay in the pocket with Daiz in the second fight because he got hurt in the stand up war with Daiz and then was submitted. There would have been a lot more action in their second fight if Conor would have stayed and traded in the pocket with Daiz but he ran and riverdanced instead. Fair enough, he didn’t play into Daiz’s strength because he got owned the last time.

The fight was at 170 so his cardio is going to be affected differently than if he fought at 155. When Conor had the cardio, he wasted Diaz in the standup. So at 170, he learned that he had to fight a bit more conservatively to save his energy. The stats speak for themselves. 3 knockdowns. More strikes thrown and landed than Woodley's fight against Maia & Thompson combined. More damage done to Nate's face than his own face. The action was enough to be satisfactory that it didn't warrant boo's from my perspective.

rique000 wrote:Yet, when Woodely does not play into the strength of his opponents, he gets booed.

That’s identity politics at best or plain racism at worse from the “fans.”

You're entitled to your opinion, but the stats prove otherwise. But if it'll make you feel any better, when I boo'd, I was booing at the fight, not just 1 fighter (e.g. Woodley). Maia & Thompson made the fight boring as well.

I heard some boos in the crowd when connor was doing that too. he was running like a little bitch. It was funny to watch. Then he acts like he totally dominated and redeemed himself when it was a close fight. I think not. Between the two fights they fought connor loses big time. 

detroit770
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby detroit770 » Aug 6. 2017, 20:27

kab wrote:I heard some boos in the crowd when connor was doing that too. he was running like a little bitch. It was funny to watch. Then he acts like he totally dominated and redeemed himself when it was a close fight. I think not. Between the two fights they fought connor loses big time. 

Yeah  :like

You're still hurting  :cry: 
McGoesInDry

kab
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby kab » Aug 6. 2017, 20:57

detroit770 wrote:
kab wrote:I heard some boos in the crowd when connor was doing that too. he was running like a little bitch. It was funny to watch. Then he acts like he totally dominated and redeemed himself when it was a close fight. I think not. Between the two fights they fought connor loses big time. 

Yeah  :like

You're still hurting, I know  :cry:

You dont know what yr talking about im stating facts that it was a close fight, and first fight diaz tapped him out so fast. So yes its the truth and i could give two shits about the diaz punk brothers. Im the one who must of stuck a nerve for you to say that im still hurting, sounds like kids play that are oblivious to whats going on around them. Now thats some funny shit right there. Give this guy a hand he needs its. 1qa !nosedrill   :eb     couldnt find and clapping gifs. 

kab
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby kab » Aug 6. 2017, 21:05

:eb Shit the one girl running in blue bouncing away wouldnt stay in my post sorry 770. :eb there you go. 

detroit770
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby detroit770 » Aug 7. 2017, 22:57

kab wrote: :eb    Shit the one girl running in blue bouncing away wouldnt stay in my post sorry 770. :eb there you go. 

Fixed  :lol:
McGoesInDry

kab
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby kab » Aug 7. 2017, 23:51

detroit770 wrote:
kab wrote: :eb    Shit the one girl running in blue bouncing away wouldnt stay in my post sorry 770. :eb there you go. 

Fixed  :lol:

Thank you i went back to repost it and still could get it right.  :D

Return to “MMA VIDEOS”