Fights by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS | MMAUP

TYRON WOODLEY vs DARREN TILL

Serious MMA Forum. MMA + Boxing + Kickboxing is merged. MMA Full Fight Videos, Free UFC Videos, Interviews, UFC Highlights, Weigh-Ins, Previews, ... EMBED or link to the source site! Do not start Spoiler-TOPICS!
Razz
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Re: TYRON WOODLEY vs DARREN TILL

Postby Razz » Sep 9. 2018, 09:49

It's easy to say "Till should have done more" but he got caught pretty early IIRC. His earliest efforts were punished, and he realized how much trouble he would be in if he made any kind of mistake. I think Woodley froze him. Just like he did to Wonderboy. Punishes you for that first mistake and you realize "oh shit. I can't f**k up at all against this guy. Not even a tiny bit"

EatonRomanoff
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby EatonRomanoff » Sep 9. 2018, 10:38

The look on Dana's face during Rd 2 was priceless. GIF Gold.

paupre
WELTERW. CHAMP
WELTERW. CHAMP

Postby paupre » Sep 9. 2018, 11:22

Till is an interesting guy he admits Woodley beat him but still considers himself the better fighter. I think he has a good skill set and is strong but Woodley is on a different level tactically. I know he got a lot of hate for both the Thompson and Mai fights but he had a tactical game plan to victory that he stuck too. That is hard to do when there is so much pressure from the promoter and fans to "put" on an aggressive show with no thought towards the outcome. In this fight he had a good game plan of pressure, weave with Till's strikes then counter him. I also think part of his strategy was to put him against the cage to negate some of his strengths if it went into the later rounds, I to was surprised how quickly they where broken apart then reset. Till can say those strikes didn't hurt but it doesn't matter if you are taking undefended damage how you feel. There where many fights tonight stopped when the fighter on the bottom was defending better. Till also seems lax on recognizing submission set ups and I would like to see him work on getting out of the bottom position. I think he would do better in the next weight class, he has proven he can make the weight but I think he does it at to much of a cost to his performance.

Herognu
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby Herognu » Sep 9. 2018, 14:43

Have it not been for these clinch seperations in the first round I am not sure Till would have made to second round. 

The moment Till went to war with Woodley he was knocked down.

mod1978
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby mod1978 » Sep 9. 2018, 15:03

Ezol wrote:
mod1978 wrote:
Ezol wrote:
I agree that he has alot of size advantage over pretty much everybody which I don't like (neither as a competitor or for his health). But he is good though. Tough, experienced, young, fearless and good at what he does.

I dont agree. Because he didnt do anything. If your are fearless and that calm than you would do more. Especially when your young. If tyron chooses to go slow against maia or wonderboy than its a different thing. Because he has that experiance and routine. But till should have done more. And at the end he didnt back up his words at anything. You dont need to win if you talk much but please back up a little bit of that talk.

Till was speeding things up a bit more in round two after feeling out on purpose to get a read on Woodley. He got clipped instead of getting success from the exchanges and Woodley smashed and submitted him. That's how I view it at least.

Well in the stats i see he through one punch in roumd two. 
At the end he got out classed.

mod1978
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby mod1978 » Sep 9. 2018, 15:05

Razz wrote:It's easy to say "Till should have done more" but he got caught pretty early IIRC. His earliest efforts were punished, and he realized how much trouble he would be in if he made any kind of mistake. I think Woodley froze him. Just like he did to Wonderboy. Punishes you for that first mistake and you realize "oh shit. I can't f**k up at all against this guy. Not even a tiny bit"

Well, thats his problem and defintely not an excuse. Thats what you should expect in a title fight. A heavy hitter  ;)

Braktooth
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby Braktooth » Sep 9. 2018, 16:38

That was pretty satisfying. Till didn't deserve that shot in the first place.

Braktooth
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby Braktooth » Sep 9. 2018, 16:38

That was pretty satisfying. Till didn't deserve that shot in the first place.

xxxRipperxxx
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby xxxRipperxxx » Sep 9. 2018, 17:22

Kudos to the American Wrestler, them fucking guys work hard and are dominating @ MMA

unmapped
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby unmapped » Sep 9. 2018, 18:27

dan hardy dana white bisping . lol. always bet against these scrubs 

that highlight reel when stun gun spinning back fists into tyron and melts gets me every time 

Chimp
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Chimp » Sep 10. 2018, 07:00

Well congrats to Woodley, he turned up at last and came out swinging. Not sure what the ref was doing with the separations on the fence either, just weird. But yeh solid win, no doubt and a great worked sub.

Anyway I disagree with Tills tactic of spending the whole first round feeling someone out, championship fights have often been decided by a one round margin, you can’t afford to just give it away for free. I don’t care how confident you are that you’re going to KO your opponent, it’s just a bad game plan at the highest level.

As for still believing he’s the better fighter, I think you have to. So much of the highest level in sport is psychology and believing you are the best and truly believing you will win is integral. More importantly he took the loss well and knows it’s going to make him better in the long run. I mean look how Ngannou fell apart after his first loss.

hitman
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby hitman » Sep 10. 2018, 18:32

this fight proves if you come out to sweet caroline ,you will get your ass handed to you, congrats to Woodley . i noticed dana didn't even shake Woodley's hand , Dana says he's hard to like , but he just beat the guy UFC hyped.

hitman
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby hitman » Sep 10. 2018, 18:32

this fight proves if you come out to sweet caroline ,you will get your ass handed to you, congrats to Woodley . i noticed dana didn't even shake Woodley's hand , Dana says he's hard to like , but he just beat the guy UFC hyped.

unmapped
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby unmapped » Sep 10. 2018, 20:42

darren and stephen got the same father ?

Return to “MMA VIDEOS”