Fights by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS | MMAUP

TYRON WOODLEY vs DARREN TILL

Serious MMA Forum. MMA + Boxing + Kickboxing is merged. MMA Full Fight Videos, Free UFC Videos, Interviews, UFC Highlights, Weigh-Ins, Previews, ... EMBED or link to the source site! Do not start Spoiler-TOPICS!
SaGe-DarkHorse
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Re: TYRON WOODLEY vs DARREN TILL

Postby SaGe-DarkHorse » Sep 11. 2018, 01:38

why the f**k does this forum  force f**k us to use google chrome. IE explorer / firefox doesn't work. This shit use to work perfectly.

Also, f**k tyron Woodly, shitbag
Honor isn't about making the right choices. It's about dealing with the consequences

torokid
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby torokid » Sep 11. 2018, 04:27

MMA Muscle Might

mod1978
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby mod1978 » Sep 11. 2018, 04:28

Chimp wrote:As for still believing he’s the better fighter, I think you have to.  So much of the highest level in sport is psychology and believing you are the best and truly believing you will win is integral.  More importantly he took the loss well and knows it’s going to make him better in the long run.  I mean look how Ngannou fell apart after his first loss.

well i dont know why Ngannou fell apart but this is still not the argument for why he should still believe he is the better fighter. i ll give you one example after which fight you could think so and that is the conor aldo fight. in the first exchange aldo clips conor at the eye brow and cuts him where conor at the same time connected to his chin and send him to sleep. thats it. this happens and at the end it doesnt say a lot. but this time we had a 9 minute fight where one fighter controlled every aspect, every position etc tyron won the striking exchanges, he showed that till has no chance of standing up as soon as he gets him to the ground and that he can easily get till into a submission. an intelligent fighter gets his lesson and starts today with getting better. somebody with an abnormal self confidence wont see it and still just believe that he is better. dont forget he got a win over wonderboy which in the usa may be wouldnt have been a win. and this was the only top ten fighter in the WW division he won against. he didnt fight dos anjos, colby, usman, lawler, maia etc. 
this is the perfect example of how the ufc can create a hype arround somebody who hasnt accomplished a lot and still make people believe that there is somebody great. 
dont get me wrong. till is good. but to be great he has to win some more top ten fights and all that in a better way of that one win over wonderboy. i saw two different levels of fighters in the fight woodley vs till which werent even close. very similar to miocic and ngannou where you saw that the hype was way too much

ikor
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby ikor » Sep 12. 2018, 01:49

I was rooting for Woodley, but I don't think this was total domination, even though stats show that and the fight progress perhaps show that. In the first round not much was going on. Woodley couldn't dominate Till on the net, even more, Till turned him around and Woodley couldn't take him down. His takedown attempts looked very poor because of the size difference.

About the fast separation from the reff I would say, he got some instructions about that. I have no proof, of course, but I am a bit suspicious that someone didn't want to see Woodley "resting" on Till on the net.

After cognitive first round, fast knock down happen in 2nd round.

On the ground, Till survived all the heavy hits. I kind of doubt that Woodley could do that for three more rounds and I think, that he pretty much needed that sub.

Don't get me wrong, Woodley was amazing, great champ, everything he did was perfect, I am just saying that all the talk in media about how Till was helpless is not exactly what I got from this fight.

mod1978
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby mod1978 » Sep 12. 2018, 04:25

ikor wrote:I was rooting for Woodley, but I don't think this was total domination, even though stats show that and the fight progress perhaps show that. In the first round not much was going on. Woodley couldn't dominate Till on the net, even more, Till turned him around and Woodley couldn't take him down. His takedown attempts looked very poor because of the size difference.

About the fast separation from the reff I would say, he got some instructions about that. I have no proof, of course, but I am a bit suspicious that someone didn't want to see Woodley "resting" on Till on the net.

On the ground, Till survived all the heavy hits. I kind of doubt that Woodley could do that for three more rounds and I think, that he pretty much needed that sub.

Don't get me wrong, Woodley was amazing, great champ, everything he did was perfect, I am just saying that all the talk in media about how Till was helpless is not exactly what I got from this fight.

just because someone controls the center of the cage that doesnt mean he is doing well. the size difference is giving the feeling that if the bigger one is stalking the smaller one you feel that this is control. but it isnt until you do something. and not taking somebody down while he is leaned against the fence with the first attempt doesnet mean that the try is poor. you have to work for that takedown and you need some more time which the ref didnt give. in my opinion that was too fast. clinching is part of mma. remember how gsp pushed bj penn against the fence and made him tired. 
at end its not just numbers. it was a 9 minute fight where one fighter threw one punch. tyron was so much criticesed for that against maia and now till did it in a worser way. and if you are bigger and maybe stronger how can you allow tyron to be on top of you for four minutes. especially when you say the punches and elbows didnt do much damage. 
the rest is speculation. before a fight we can talk about speculation afterwards not. he had his chance for 9 minutes and didnt do anything. 

bluechip55
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby bluechip55 » Sep 12. 2018, 06:00

Congrats to T.W. came out fought like a camp and put it on Till.

bluechip55
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby bluechip55 » Sep 12. 2018, 06:01

Congrats to T.W. came out fought like a camp and put it on Till.

ikor
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby ikor » Sep 12. 2018, 06:55

mod1978 wrote:
ikor wrote:I was rooting for Woodley, but I don't think this was total domination, even though stats show that and the fight progress perhaps show that. In the first round not much was going on. Woodley couldn't dominate Till on the net, even more, Till turned him around and Woodley couldn't take him down. His takedown attempts looked very poor because of the size difference.

just because someone controls the center of the cage that doesnt mean he is doing well. the size difference is giving the feeling that if the bigger one is stalking the smaller one you feel that this is control. but it isnt until you do something. and not taking somebody down while he is leaned against the fence with the first attempt doesnet mean that the try is poor. you have to work for that takedown and you need some more time which the ref didnt give. in my opinion that was too fast. clinching is part of mma. remember how gsp pushed bj penn against the fence and made him tired. 
at end its not just numbers. it was a 9 minute fight where one fighter threw one punch. tyron was so much criticesed for that against maia and now till did it in a worser way. and if you are bigger and maybe stronger how can you allow tyron to be on top of you for four minutes. especially when you say the punches and elbows didnt do much damage. 
the rest is speculation. before a fight we can talk about speculation afterwards not. he had his chance for 9 minutes and didnt do anything. 

More or less, I agree. You got me with your last sentence.

TexasFan
WELTERW. CHAMP
WELTERW. CHAMP

Postby TexasFan » Sep 15. 2018, 16:27

#AndStill.

Also, when people talk about boring fights they always omit the fact that wonderboy1 was fight of the night on a massive card, and Woodley tore his labrum in ROUND ONE of the Maia fight.
I think Woodley is a strategic fighter and when he competes I find his matches extremely entertaining.
Colby loses next.

Return to “MMA VIDEOS”