Fights by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS | MMAUP

EDDIE ALVAREZ vs DUSTIN POIRIER 2

Serious MMA Forum. MMA + Boxing + Kickboxing is merged. MMA Full Fight Videos, Free UFC Videos, Interviews, UFC Highlights, Weigh-Ins, Previews, ... EMBED or link to the source site! Do not start Spoiler-TOPICS!
Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Re: EDDIE ALVAREZ vs DUSTIN POIRIER 2

Postby Robert223 » Jul 30. 2018, 12:18

PAVUK wrote:I do no get Alvarez, why that 12 - 6? Maybe it is time to go. I like the result, and those combinations and knees!

When you watch it again, look at his coaches yelling at him to throw a 12-6, just before he did it.

They even made the gestures. :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFQ0V8TcyvY&list=PLCEE01064AF877F81

Jockey
WELTERW. CHAMP
WELTERW. CHAMP

Postby Jockey » Jul 31. 2018, 04:40

You throw an illegal 12-6, you pay for it... They should have gone the same way with that eyepokes of DC vs Miocic, but sometimes referees let you do whatever you want...

Chimp
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Chimp » Jul 31. 2018, 06:11

Dustin did a great job when he had him hurt, picked his shots, mixed up attacks. Eddie got punished for a school boy error, if his corner were yelling that then they must have been smoking **** or something before the fight - yelling out for him to perform a foul? Subtle... As for Poirier moving up, never say never! I’ll certainly be watching!

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Robert223 » Jul 31. 2018, 06:26

Robert223 wrote:
PAVUK wrote:I do no get Alvarez, why that 12 - 6? Maybe it is time to go. I like the result, and those combinations and knees!

When you watch it again, look at his coaches yelling at him to throw a 12-6, just before he did it.

They even made the gestures.  :lol:

Mark Henry owns up to it now.  :lol:
Eddie Alvarez coach Mark Henry: Illegal elbow my fault at UFC Calgary
https://mmajunkie.com/2018/07/eddie-alv ... ry-poirier
:like :ei

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Robert223 » Jul 31. 2018, 06:29

hauntyoo
WELTERW. CHAMP
WELTERW. CHAMP

Postby hauntyoo » Sep 9. 2018, 06:45

JeremyHorn wrote:
hauntyoo wrote:Alvarez has some serious issues with his style. As an ufc caliber fighter he's average in all areas. He never dominates a fight, and if he wins, he wins barely, taking alot of damage in the process.

Eddie has elite boxing fundamentals, he slips puches and sets up counters as well as anyone in mma's history, his wrestling is above "average" mostly due to his athleticism and experience and his style works because he's otherwordly durable. Don't disrespect the underground king because he's starting fall off 15 years into his career, plus Poirier is a monster at lightweight

I have to respectfully disagree. When was the last time we saw him outbox anyone? He gets hit in every fight, alot. That's not what happens to someone with elite boxing skills. + I can't really think of a fight he really dominated? He gets by being tough as nails, grinding out the wins. 

JeremyHorn
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby JeremyHorn » Sep 16. 2018, 15:05

hauntyoo wrote:
JeremyHorn wrote:
hauntyoo wrote:Alvarez has some serious issues with his style. As an ufc caliber fighter he's average in all areas. He never dominates a fight, and if he wins, he wins barely, taking alot of damage in the process.

Eddie has elite boxing fundamentals, he slips puches and sets up counters as well as anyone in mma's history, his wrestling is above "average" mostly due to his athleticism and experience and his style works because he's otherwordly durable. Don't disrespect the underground king because he's starting fall off 15 years into his career, plus Poirier is a monster at lightweight

I have to respectfully disagree. When was the last time we saw him outbox anyone? He gets hit in every fight, alot. That's not what happens to someone with elite boxing skills. + I can't really think of a fight he really dominated? He gets by being tough as nails, grinding out the wins. 

Gaethje? Dos Anjos? He outclassed Gaethje and even in this fight he was doing well in the first until Poirier put it on him. He's long in the tooth in terms of fights and damage taken and I think thats why he's looked less spectacular in the ufc at times, not because he's lacking technique
"Who hit you the hardest in your career?" Roy Nelson " My Dad"

Return to “MMA VIDEOS”