Fights by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS | MMAUP

JUNIOR DOS SANTOS vs BLAGOY IVANOV

Serious MMA Forum. MMA + Boxing + Kickboxing is merged. MMA Full Fight Videos, Free UFC Videos, Interviews, UFC Highlights, Weigh-Ins, Previews, ... EMBED or link to the source site! Do not start Spoiler-TOPICS!
support
info@mmashare.com
info@mmashare.com

JUNIOR DOS SANTOS vs BLAGOY IVANOV

Postby support » Jul 10. 2018, 13:10

JUNIOR DOS SANTOS vs BLAGOY IVANOV full fight video - UFC FN 133 Live Stream replay

VIDEO

You might need to turn off AdBlock

yodelling
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Re: JUNIOR DOS SANTOS vs BLAGOY IVANOV

Postby yodelling » Jul 14. 2018, 07:07

I see only two possible outcomes for this fight. JDS will light him up like a Christmas tree if he can keep distance, he does best against less mobile/heavier boxers in the striking department. OR, Blagoy will grab a hold of him from the first minute on, press him against the cage and dirty-box him like Cain did. Brilliant matchmaking, they both play into each other's strengths and weaknesses perfectly...
FOTY - let's get it going!

Sandbeast
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Sandbeast » Jul 14. 2018, 22:25

I'd like to see jds win this fight the way he did on his way up. The heavyweight division is lacking right now, but when junior's on he looks like a world beater. Things could start getting interesting again at heavyweight. Jds vs ngannu...

I think Cain took some of his soul with the 2 beat downs he was handed. He's had some real time off this time, even if he didn't plan it, to get his head straight and I think he needed it in more ways than one. I've always liked watching his fights and would love to see him back in the top 3 again.
Where am I going... and why am I in this hanbasket...?

Ross Vegas
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby Ross Vegas » Jul 15. 2018, 07:38

I think Junior should retire and Ivanov should get in shape...found myself wanting to forward the fight a few times.

xxxRipperxxx
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby xxxRipperxxx » Jul 15. 2018, 09:08

Boring, one is over with his career, he just doesn't want it anymore... and the other had the jitters of being under a new light.

paupre
WELTERW. CHAMP
WELTERW. CHAMP

Postby paupre » Jul 15. 2018, 11:20

I was surprised this went the full five, JDS had a good strategy and was able to fight at the range he wanted to. The trade off was he didn't really put himself in a position to land any power shots. Ivanov needed to clinch more with JDS mobility he just couldn't land anything of significance. I am not sure what this fight did for either men as far as rating I guess it showed both could go the distance but not the best from either fighter. But then again I see Lewis moved up three slots in the rankings with his bum performance, also the title is going to be tied up until January so maybe we will have some clarity in the heavy weight division by then.

yodelling
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby yodelling » Jul 15. 2018, 11:36

@paupre I think the outcome of this fight is we won't see any of these two headline a card any time soon...
FOTY - let's get it going!

Chimp
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Chimp » Jul 15. 2018, 14:52

I didn’t think the fight was that bad! Jds simply kept him at distance behind the jab and tried to counter him, then he began to work the body for later rounds.  Ivanovo started to Gas in 4, maybe it was due to those shots not his lack of cardio/conditioning.  Anyway, yeh so a solid win after a year or so off.  Maybe he can get a few more wins in beforehanging them up.

Confirmation
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby Confirmation » Jul 15. 2018, 18:16

The fight was ok , they played safe respected each other's power , but look at their faces , they are not like playing soccer as Francis vs Lewis

rogeri
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby rogeri » Jul 16. 2018, 00:57

Junior was my favorite fighter but he has lost it ! Where was Junior's jab?  He's leaving himself open for a lot of shots. He's not boxing well anymore...  He better retire now...

paupre
WELTERW. CHAMP
WELTERW. CHAMP

Postby paupre » Jul 16. 2018, 09:03

yodelling wrote:@paupre I think the outcome of this fight is we won't see any of these two headline a card any time soon...

That is likely true but a co-main slot for JDS wouldn't surprise me, a win goes a long way in that division regardless of how the fans react to the performance.  Particularly in heavyweight as it has always had that guy usually the champ (but not always) then everyone else.  I agree with what a lot of people are saying JDS didn't look bad but he also didn't look to be the same fighter we have seen in the past.

Confirmation
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby Confirmation » Jul 16. 2018, 15:28

JDS is obviously not in his prime , but he comes back pretty competitive after USADA stressing and a brutal KO. Francis wasn't KOed like that and now he's an embarrassment. It's not easy to get over all these. He digested well a strong hook at the KO place on the mandible's horizontal ramus and few other punches . Circled and avoid clinch and fence , jabbed Blagoy's eyes pretty effective.

rogeri
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby rogeri » Jul 16. 2018, 21:43

Junior was my favorite fighter but he has lost it ! Where was Junior's jab?  He's leaving himself open for a lot of shots. He's not boxing well anymore...  He better retire now...

Confirmation
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby Confirmation » Jul 17. 2018, 18:10

He was the only one that fought as an equal with Stiepe and won , a very close win but a fair one . The 2 eyepokers doesn;t count.
He's not boxing as brilliant as he did in the past but better than most 

Return to “MMA VIDEOS”