Fights by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS | MMAUP

FRANCIS NGANNOU vs DERRICK LEWIS

Serious MMA Forum. MMA + Boxing + Kickboxing is merged. MMA Full Fight Videos, Free UFC Videos, Interviews, UFC Highlights, Weigh-Ins, Previews, ... EMBED or link to the source site! Do not start Spoiler-TOPICS!
Quixotic_Hero
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Re: FRANCIS NGANNOU vs DERRICK LEWIS

Postby Quixotic_Hero » Jul 9. 2018, 23:40

Shamrock v. Severn
Silva v. Maia
Ngannou v. Lewis

medicineeng
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby medicineeng » Jul 9. 2018, 23:57

So....

How are the HW rankings right now?

Both these guys should fall back to the "unranked" pot...
The lunatic will lead the blind
ADF

eitan83
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby eitan83 » Jul 10. 2018, 16:18

i think fight was fixed ,due to some reason,maybe an injury prior of the fight and inability to find a replacement

paupre
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby paupre » Jul 11. 2018, 09:06

eitan83 wrote:i think fight was fixed ,due to some reason,maybe an injury prior of the fight and inability to find a replacement

No need for a conspiracy to make fights like this happen.  One fighter was obviously struggling through back issues and the other has not recovered from losing in his title shot.  I think it was just one of those cases where it had so much expectation before that when both fighters came out flat and hesitant it made it even more noticeable.  They both obviously have some work to do.  Lewis needs to get his back issues that have been plaguing him solved and Ngannou needs help mentally to get back to where he was before the title fight.  It wasn't the first or even the worse (the "super fights" pre-Zuffa come to mind) but it definitely is the most recent where both fighters gave a poor showing.

Return to “MMA VIDEOS”