Fights by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS | MMAUP

STIPE MIOCIC vs DANIEL CORMIER

Serious MMA Forum. MMA + Boxing + Kickboxing is merged. MMA Full Fight Videos, Free UFC Videos, Interviews, UFC Highlights, Weigh-Ins, Previews, ... EMBED or link to the source site! Do not start Spoiler-TOPICS!
Matisse
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Re: STIPE MIOCIC vs DANIEL CORMIER

Postby Matisse » Jul 8. 2018, 11:03

paupre
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby paupre » Jul 8. 2018, 11:39

To me this is a more organic real two weight champion as DC won and defended the belt multiple times, I know his loss to Jon Jones will be brought up but since Jones was found to be using performance enhancers it is valid for DC to have the belt just like any other disqualification situation. I think JJ vs Dc at heavyweight would be a great fight but Jon Jones might be the one fighter that has DC's number. Lesnar vs DC doesn't interest me and I don't think it should be allowed to happen but it is a money fight so it probably will. Especially since Jon Jones situation is still unclear and the two obvious opponents both gave a poor showing in the fight right before this.
I wasn't to surprised with how it went although I do think the eye pokes played a part. I was thinking that if Miocic chose to clinch with DC he might get caught on an entry or a break. I would love to see that guy use his reach more particularly when against someone where he has a clear height and reach advantage, but I guess it is easy to get into a certain style particularly when you have had success with it by setting record defenses.
Unless Cain makes his way back to competition I see DC vacating the LHW and defending at heavyweight until he retires.

TheDemon305
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby TheDemon305 » Jul 8. 2018, 13:36

All these crybabies talking about pokes lol yeah that sure won him the fight....lol he had his hands open to eat the straights of Miocic on his palms as he came in to grab for a clinch. If you cant see that, you're an idiot. Jones does it to keep reach but the difference is that Jones has done it over a span of multiple fights, with multiple warnings. I guess we should call Costa the d**k kicker a cheater to for those accidental low blows?

Btw all this Jones can beat DC, DC will never win etc etc is irrelevant because Jones is a roider. There is no GOAT, there are multiple GOATS, and DC made himself one. Jones would be one but hes a cheater...soo asterisk asterisk asterisk next to his name and GOAT lmao
"Bite hard get bit hard but don't run".

"A loss is a lesson nothing more,how you soak in that lesson will determine whether it was a gain or a loss".

-Bruce Lee,Bas Rutten,Lyoto Machida,Forrest Griffin,Randy Couture,Petrosyan.

mgc
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby mgc » Jul 8. 2018, 15:04

Matisse wrote:DC should be DQ for that!

Poke 1:

Poke 2, close prior the TKO:

LMAO!!! if jon "the eye poke king" jones has yet to be deducted a single point, in a single round, in a single fight, for the many, and i mean many, eyepokes he delivers to every single opponent he faces, DC doesn't even deserve a stern warning. and his pokes were at the end of punches, not the fingers straight forward all the time like you see when someone is doing it on purpose. chill out man, it's obvious you had a dog in that fight.

Joe Dolan
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Joe Dolan » Jul 8. 2018, 15:07

WTF? Brock came into the octagon and thought he was on his fake TV wrestling show. What a loser...

mgc
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby mgc » Jul 8. 2018, 15:15

Joe Dolan wrote:WTF? Brock came into the octagon and thought he was on his fake TV wrestling show. What a loser...

i agree wholeheartedly. he went dark so he could cycle off completely this time. but that 6 months of testing will change his physique, you can bet on that. the narrative will be it's because he's older now, but those in the know will know the real reason.... muscles deflate when the juice runs dry. i mean, just look at trt vitor vs vitor of 2018. that is what happens to cheaters when they cannot cheat anymore.
i can't wait to see dc humble him just like cain and uber-"horsemeat"-reem did. i didn't mind seeing reem vs brock fight, as it was obvious they both were on an even playing field. they either fight clean or they all get to do ped's. that is the only way for it to be fair.

minty11
WELTERW. CHAMP
WELTERW. CHAMP

Postby minty11 » Jul 8. 2018, 15:32

Joe Dolan wrote:WTF? Brock came into the octagon and thought he was on his fake TV wrestling show. What a loser...

That first part is WTF enough for me.  Why?  Why are you gonna become the LHW and HW champion and call out Brock Lesnar?  Cause there's talk of him and JJ fighting?  Ugh. :roll:

mgc
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby mgc » Jul 8. 2018, 20:02

minty11 wrote:

That first part is WTF enough for me.  Why?  Why are you gonna become the LHW and HW champion and call out Brock Lesnar?  Cause there's talk of him and JJ fighting?  Ugh. :roll:

$$, that's why. biggest $ fight there is right now for him. jj dq'd himself.

Uncle
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Uncle » Jul 9. 2018, 00:44

I thought Stipe underestimated DC and came unprepared for this fight. Stipe looked awkward, stiffed, and one dimensional. Comparing this fight and the Ngannou fight is night and day. Great win for DC.

ikor
CRI1
CRI1

Postby ikor » Jul 9. 2018, 01:34

I'm still in shock after this performance by DC. I think Miocic underestimated DC and eyepokes was a bit of a issue here. After second eyepoke, Miocis was kind of rolling his eye and second after that right uppercut came and rocked him. I am not sure, but this eyepokes could also be a game plan by DC.

I am surpised that Cormier could not take Miocic down. What impresses me the most is that he outboxed Miocic. Unbelivable. Good job by ref.

That part at the end with Brock Lesnar put a dark shadow on the fight itself, because now it looks like the fight was sold. I don't believe that, but this crap when challenger in the suit is coming in the octagon is simply stupid imho.
Last edited by ikor on Jul 9. 2018, 07:11, edited 1 time in total.

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Robert223 » Jul 9. 2018, 02:50

ikor wrote:...but this crap when challenger in the suit is coming in the octagon is simply stupid imho.

True, much more classy with t-shirt. :like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFQ0V8TcyvY&list=PLCEE01064AF877F81

TexasFan
WELTERW. CHAMP
WELTERW. CHAMP

Postby TexasFan » Jul 9. 2018, 06:49

Stipe was almost arrogant with his_____ and still. It doesn’t matter. Nothing will change BS.
He let his anger with Dana cause him to under estimate DC.
I KNEW DC would win.
Congrats.

minty11
WELTERW. CHAMP
WELTERW. CHAMP

Postby minty11 » Jul 9. 2018, 11:24

mgc wrote:
minty11 wrote:

$$, that's why. biggest $ fight there is right now for him. jj dq'd himself.

If I didn't recently hear Chael say that 85% of MMA fans are just in it for the entertainment, I wouldn't believe you.  But despite this match up being a complete joke, you're right... everyone's gettin paid soon.

dadelix
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby dadelix » Jul 9. 2018, 14:36

Uncle wrote:I thought Stipe underestimated DC and came unprepared for this fight. Stipe looked awkward, stiffed, and one dimensional. Comparing this fight and the Ngannou fight is night and day. Great win for DC.

This. It reminded me Rockhold vs. Bisping

Return to “MMA VIDEOS”