Fights by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS | MMAUP

Rafael dos Anjos vs Colby Covington

MMA + Boxing + Kickboxing is merged. MMA Fight Videos, Free UFC Videos, Interviews, Highlights, Weigh-Ins, Previews, ... EMBED or link to source site! Do not start Spoiler-TOPICS!
support
info@mmashare.com
info@mmashare.com

Rafael dos Anjos vs Colby Covington

Postby support » Jun 9. 2018, 15:49

Rafael dos Anjos vs Colby Covington  full fight download - UFC 225

VIDEO

You might need to turn off AdBlock

btylerb72
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Re: Rafael dos Anjos vs Colby Covington

Postby btylerb72 » Jun 10. 2018, 07:29

Colby’s relentless forward pressure and success with striking and leg kicks rendered RDA powerless.
Simply put: Lomachenko threw punches from angles not seen at a speed not witnessed since the prime days of Floyd Mayweather, Jr.

guyvh
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby guyvh » Jun 10. 2018, 08:31

Colby has great cardio and can take a shot, but is totally one dimensional and very boring to watch. Already looking forward to the next champion at 170.

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Robert223 » Jun 10. 2018, 10:19

Spoiler

Colby is training at ATT, Woodley has strong ties to ATT.
Interim Champ Colby is repping Trump, Champ Woodley BLM.

I smell a plan. Both men worked together from the start to create a money fight. Right- vs Left wing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFQ0V8TcyvY&list=PLCEE01064AF877F81

paupre
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby paupre » Jun 10. 2018, 12:09

Hey I agree with the judges score which is unusual. I had RDA eking out the first then coming out strong in the 4th the rest was just him trying to figure out how to get space. Covington is good but he is all offense, in the Mai fight he took some shots from someone everyone considers a grappler. Here when RDA decided to go for take downs he offered no defense in the 4th. Why I think this is important is like him or hate him Tyrone Woodley is a great tactician who develops and trains a game plan for his opponent. So I think when they fight it will be all pressure from Woodley who I think will be the stronger fighter. Should be fun to watch!

bluechip55
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby bluechip55 » Jun 10. 2018, 13:56

Colby was ready and kept the pressure on.

Sandbeast
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Sandbeast » Jun 10. 2018, 15:16

paupre wrote:Hey I agree with the judges score which is unusual. I had RDA eking out the first then coming out strong in the 4th the rest was just him trying to figure out how to get space.  Covington is good but he is all offense, in the Mai fight he took some shots from someone everyone considers a grappler.  Here when RDA decided to go for take downs he offered no defense in the 4th.  Why I think this is important is like him or hate him Tyrone Woodley is a great tactician who develops and trains a game plan for his opponent.  So I think when they fight it will be all pressure from Woodley who I think will be the stronger fighter.  Should be fun to watch!

And Colby turned it into a big money fight so now all of a sudden Tyron wants to fight him. I'm not big fan of Colby's antics (not a fan of Tyron either) but there's no denying he's garnering a lot of attention. I think a lot of folks will be tuning into this one. Both guys are legit. 
Gonna come down to who has the bigger gas tank, I think. Unless Woodley beats him up on the feet. Colby takes shots to get takedowns and Woodley is fast and powerful with his hands. I think Woodley takes it, but he'd better be prepared for the pressure Colby brings. He never let off the gas pedal almost this entire fight. It was all rda could do just to keep him off. 
Colby is gonna have to be more careful with Tyron. If he thinks he can fearlessly wing punches and kicks to get inside for his takedowns... That's gonna be a problem against Woodley. It's not like Tyron is a slouch in the wrestling department and he has power in his hands.
Where am I going... and why am I in this hanbasket...?

H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby 770 » Jun 11. 2018, 00:09

bluechip55 wrote:Colby was ready and kept the pressure on.

Yeah, I had Covington, too :like 
:c

yodelling
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby yodelling » Jun 11. 2018, 09:00

Covington won this on a gameplan, perfectly executed. He's still a giant douche and he still cannot strike, but he can implement a gameplan and has the cardio to back it up.

RDA is a killer if you let him walk forward even if for some seconds, and is known as a super fast starter (remember his fight against Cerrone), so Colby's answer? He goes out even wilder, instantly overwhelmed RDA (you can see his surprise in R1). Then he kept the pressure and both fighters faded around the third round, but RDA wasn't nearly as dangerous as he is early (he's been seen gassing before from those fast starts). Even then, Colby was in danger of being finished for the last 2 rounds (and wasn't), so smart victory, high fight IQ in the heel...
FOTY - let's get it going!

Chimp
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Chimp » Jun 11. 2018, 12:30

Yeh perfect game plan executed against a top level contender. You can’t knock him for that. He fought Smart and his opponent couldn’t adapt, that’s why he won. His insane cardio just is the foundation.

Not the most exciting no, but Woodley could make someone on meth fall asleep, so it’s a step up!

JeremyHorn
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby JeremyHorn » Jun 13. 2018, 16:47

Crazy impressive. Relentless pressure combined with durability and a never ending gas tank can stifle even the most elite fighters
"Who hit you the hardest in your career?" Roy Nelson " My Dad"

Return to “MMA VIDEOS”