Fights by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS | MMAUP

ROBERT WHITTAKER vs YOEL ROMERO 2

Serious MMA Forum. MMA + Boxing + Kickboxing is merged. MMA Full Fight Videos, Free UFC Videos, Interviews, UFC Highlights, Weigh-Ins, Previews, ... EMBED or link to the source site! Do not start Spoiler-TOPICS!
paupre
WELTERW. CHAMP
WELTERW. CHAMP

Re: ROBERT WHITTAKER vs YOEL ROMERO 2

Postby paupre » Jun 10. 2018, 13:43

Confirmation wrote:
paupre wrote:I will have to go back and watch this again in a few days, I honestly see a case for both guys getting the decision or even a case for a draw.  Rogan talking about a third fight if I am Whittaker's management I would be like hell no we aren't fighting that monster again we beat twice!  Be great as a fan, I am doubtful we will see it again.  As too Whittaker raising is hands after the fight that is what you should always do in a decision situation.
I don't know where Romero goes from here he is in that unfortunate position of being the number one contender who has lost to the champ twice, he also has the weight issue to deal with.  Talk of him going up to 205, to go up to a division 20 pounds north of where you have been competing to face people who are probably cutting from 225-240 lbs at 41 is a huge request.

No he didn't lose , he won , the decision doesn't matter, we saw the truth 

I am sure in the record books there will be an asterisks by the fight saying you saw the truth and Romero won even though the record points to Whittaker as the winner.  You can disagree with the judges opinion but the reality is your opinion doesn't matter theirs does, so it will be shown as a win for Whittaker.  

Bakke
H.O.F. CRI5
H.O.F. CRI5

Postby Bakke » Jun 10. 2018, 13:54

Not a robbery. Close fight. I had Robert winning 3-2.
"Josh Emmett didnt fucking move" - Microsoft Office 95

MMAwatcher2020
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby MMAwatcher2020 » Jun 10. 2018, 16:13

Kizzo wrote:
Confirmation wrote:
btylerb72 wrote:You really are blaming Whittaker for raising his arms when he was pronounced the winner?  That’s sort of ridiculous don’t you think?

Watch again , he raised immediately after  bell , he knew ali baba and the 40 thiefs ar gonna do
This kinda mockery decision makes ufc look like a 3 rd world country where justice is a joke and to be a shame for USA which is known as a country with decent minimal fair play. Romero distroyed poor Robbery Wintaker and got 10-8 in 2 rounds. Robbery had only that lucky swallowing  jab. I don't understand how ppl can lie themselves and pretend they are champios when the hole world watch'em beaten so bad, so pathetic

UFC doesn't pick the judges.

All fighters, or at least all smart fighters raise their hands after the final bell. Boxers do it as well. It’s ridiculous to think UFC fixes fights. 

MMAwatcher2020
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby MMAwatcher2020 » Jun 10. 2018, 16:20

It was a great fight. I thought it was a draw. It was 3-1 going into the 5th. I thought it was a 10-8 round for Romero, which would then made it a draw. It was a good fight.

xSamWaynex
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby xSamWaynex » Jun 10. 2018, 17:17

Confirmation wrote:
paupre wrote:I will have to go back and watch this again in a few days, I honestly see a case for both guys getting the decision or even a case for a draw.  Rogan talking about a third fight if I am Whittaker's management I would be like hell no we aren't fighting that monster again we beat twice!  Be great as a fan, I am doubtful we will see it again.  As too Whittaker raising is hands after the fight that is what you should always do in a decision situation.
I don't know where Romero goes from here he is in that unfortunate position of being the number one contender who has lost to the champ twice, he also has the weight issue to deal with.  Talk of him going up to 205, to go up to a division 20 pounds north of where you have been competing to face people who are probably cutting from 225-240 lbs at 41 is a huge request.

Actually YOU saw what YOU believe to be YOUR "truth." There is a big difference in that and what actually happened. What actually happened was Whittaker won the fight. Was it close? Yes it was a very close fight, but Whittaker got the win. I had it 3-1 Whittaker going in to the fifth. Whittaker very well could've lost that last two rounds, an argument could be made that the fifth was even a 10-8 round for Romero. But even IF we were to give those last two rounds to Romero, Whittaker still won the first 3 by using volume punches instead of trying to land power punches like Romero was doing. It's fine to be a fan of someone, but don't let fandom blind you. Whittaker got the win, and this wasn't some sort of "robbery" perpetrated by Whittaker OR the UFC. 
"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

Confirmation
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby Confirmation » Jun 10. 2018, 18:17

Rommy wasn't in danger or difficulty at all , that eye swelling wasn't big deal while Robbery was wobbling like a drunk and surviving desperately  ,  severely punished but if you want to lie yourself I can't and I won't stop you , fool yourself just  it's not healthy at all.
My opinion may not matter but there are 2 opinions  which matters and they don't care : honest people , and God .
They are the truth  

Kizzo
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Jun 10. 2018, 18:32

xSamWaynex wrote:
Confirmation wrote:

Actually YOU saw what YOU believe to be YOUR "truth." There is a big difference in that and what actually happened. What actually happened was Whittaker won the fight. Was it close? Yes it was a very close fight, but Whittaker got the win. I had it 3-1 Whittaker going in to the fifth. Whittaker very well could've lost that last two rounds, an argument could be made that the fifth was even a 10-8 round for Romero. But even IF we were to give those last two rounds to Romero, Whittaker still won the first 3 by using volume punches instead of trying to land power punches like Romero was doing. It's fine to be a fan of someone, but don't let fandom blind you. Whittaker got the win, and this wasn't some sort of "robbery" perpetrated by Whittaker OR the UFC. 

:like
CRI XCVIII Champ
LMS XIII Champ

MajorBA
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby MajorBA » Jun 10. 2018, 19:25

Amazing and close fight. I'm cool with the decision. It was Whittaker or a draw. I wouldn't have been upset if they gave it to Romero though.
Confirmation has gone off the deep end to show such disrespect and attempt discredit of such a great warrior. Ass Clownish behavior there.
"If they will play fair I will play fair, but if they won't then I reserve all my rights to do anything I find myself able to do."-William Howard Taft

"We can't cure stupid, but we can alleviate it's symptoms."-MajorBA

xSamWaynex
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby xSamWaynex » Jun 10. 2018, 22:53

Confirmation wrote:Rommy wasn't in danger or difficulty at all , that eye swelling wasn't big deal while Robbery was wobbling like a drunk and surviving desperately  ,  severely punished but if you want to lie yourself I can't and I won't stop you , fool yourself just  it's not healthy at all.
My opinion may not matter but there are 2 opinions  which matters and they don't care : honest people , and God .
They are the truth  

I never said that Whittaker wasn't "in danger", or that Romero didn't land a few power punches. What I said was that Whittaker was able to use volume punches and better accuracy to win the fight. Romero landed the heavier shots, but Whittaker landed more punches overall. That eye swelling actually was a big deal btw, as he had to have the excess fluid drained at the hospital afterward. This isn't a case of me lying to myself either. This is clearly about your fandom, much like Romero's swollen eye, not letting you see things accurately. With that said you can take your argumentum ad verecundiam (AKA appeal to authority in Latin) somewhere else. 
"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

bluechip55
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby bluechip55 » Jun 10. 2018, 23:22

Good fight , never have understood the judging I don't guess.

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Robert223 » Jun 11. 2018, 04:22

torokid wrote:Great Fight!

It was. :fb

Sounded like the doc decided to give him a clyster at the end. :lol:

Kizzo
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Jun 11. 2018, 05:31

People are saying a round should be 10-8 based on 1 knockdown?

Yeah, Whittaker got rocked, but Romero couldn't do shit with it.

1,2, and 4 Whittaker. And he fought with a busted hand.

A lot of sour grapes here. Whittaker won. Deal with it.
CRI XCVIII Champ
LMS XIII Champ

SakuSamurai
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby SakuSamurai » Jun 11. 2018, 06:39

Kizzo wrote:People are saying a round should be 10-8 based on 1 knockdown?

Yeah, Whittaker got rocked, but Romero couldn't do shit with it.

1,2, and 4 Whittaker. And he fought with a busted hand.

A lot of sour grapes here. Whittaker won. Deal with it.

He couldnt do shit with it? Whittaker took a serious beating. More than once he was in survival mode. 
You could say Covington didnt do shit with his takedown-attempts. It still won him.the fight. 
But Romero was landing huge shots and did damage. I guess you saw the slomo.

Chimp
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Chimp » Jun 11. 2018, 06:50

Well I think it’s all been said. Whittaker obviously won 3 rounds, Romero took round 3, but it was a 10 - 9. Round 5 was dominant, so a 10 - 8 was plausible leading to a draw, if Yoel hadn’t run out of gas towards the end of that he would have most certainly got that.

Whittaker still fought so well, the shots he took and still soldiered on... with that fucked hand... I mean look at the x-ray, we’re not talking hairline fracture, you could see that fracture from space! So overall great great fight with two amazing fighters, props to both.

Return to “MMA VIDEOS”