Fights by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS | MMAUP

ROBERT WHITTAKER vs YOEL ROMERO 2

MMA + Boxing + Kickboxing is merged. MMA Fight Videos, Free UFC Videos, Interviews, Highlights, Weigh-Ins, Previews, ... EMBED or link to source site! Do not start Spoiler-TOPICS!
yodelling
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Re: ROBERT WHITTAKER vs YOEL ROMERO 2

Postby yodelling » Jun 11. 2018, 08:40

This wasn't a robbery, by no means, but should serve as schooling to every damn mentally handicapped judge doing their shit over MMA fights signed to an incompetent commission.

Some of these fuckers simply never took the time to PROPERLY READ THE FCKING RULE BOOK, and that takes away from the absolute beauty that just happened Saturday evening.

Whittaker vs Romero 2 is clearly one of the best fights that ever took place in the sport since its beginning, and it will forever be tainted by the absolute incompetence that some certified dumb shits displayed while scribbling ignorant scores on a piece of paper.

The rules clearly state (since the old rule book), that EFFECTIVE STRIKING, a term invented to euphemize the term DAMAGE (as perfectly explained somewhere in the same book), TAKES PRECEDENCE OVER EVERY OTHER ASPECT OF JUDGING, like number of strikes and position control.

So if Whittaker hit Romero 20 times, but Romero buckled Whitaker's knees with 2, those 2 strikes from Romero are WORTH MORE than the 20 from Whittaker.

Remember, DAMAGE > VOLUME > POSITION. Super simple to understand and remember, except if you're commissioned apparently.

Now as per new rule book, ANY ROUND IN WHICH A FIGHTER NEARLY ENDS THE FIGHT SHOULD BE GIVEN A 10-8. That means Romero SHOULD'VE HAD TWO 10-8 rounds in this fight. It wouldn't have mattered which close rounds were given to whom then, and Romero still would've won even if losing 3 10-9 rounds.

The not dimwitted score for this fight should've looked more like 47-46 Romero. Apparently one of the three clowns was more mentally handicapped than the others and managed to squeeze a 49-46 in there. Easiest fight to judge under the new rules in the history of easy fights to judge, just abysmal incompetence and ignorance controlling some pencils...
Last edited by yodelling on Jun 11. 2018, 08:50, edited 3 times in total.
FOTY - let's get it going!

yodelling
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby yodelling » Jun 11. 2018, 08:48

BTW, let me just forward that I like both fighters and would watch if they fought 20 times. Whittaker is an absolute animal and Romero is from another planet, both are gentlemen and lions at heart. This fight was objectively judged poorly considering the unified criteria and that's it, no preference to neither of these guys. I also suspect there may be politics in place here, having a champion coming out of a loss would've been embarrassing for the organization.

hippielove
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby hippielove » Jun 11. 2018, 10:12

Holy WAR!!:fb
Great damn fight, very entertaining!
★ ★ ★

Confirmation
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby Confirmation » Jun 11. 2018, 11:39

Yodelling wrote the right thing about this , thank you.
I respect and admire RW for his heart and skills but he is not a great character enough to admit he lost. Otherwise he was a real champion he clearly  won  the first and deserved the belt. He also could win the next. It was an amaizing fight obviously because of both just a sad finish shadowed by injustice or maybe incompetence. The right decision could set the trilogy we all would like to watch. I'm not Romero's fan I'm  just a MMA fan

Bakke
H.O.F. CRI5
H.O.F. CRI5

Postby Bakke » Jun 11. 2018, 12:56

yodelling wrote:This wasn't a robbery, by no means, but should serve as schooling to every damn mentally handicapped judge doing their shit over MMA fights signed to an incompetent commission.

Some of these fuckers simply never took the time to PROPERLY READ THE FCKING RULE BOOK, and that takes away from the absolute beauty that just happened Saturday evening.

Whittaker vs Romero 2 is clearly one of the best fights that ever took place in the sport since its beginning, and it will forever be tainted by the absolute incompetence that some certified dumb shits displayed while scribbling ignorant scores on a piece of paper.

The rules clearly state (since the old rule book), that EFFECTIVE STRIKING, a term invented to euphemize the term DAMAGE (as perfectly explained somewhere in the same book), TAKES PRECEDENCE OVER EVERY OTHER ASPECT OF JUDGING, like number of strikes and position control.

So if Whittaker hit Romero 20 times, but Romero buckled Whitaker's knees with 2, those 2 strikes from Romero are WORTH MORE than the 20 from Whittaker.

Remember, DAMAGE > VOLUME > POSITION. Super simple to understand and remember, except if you're commissioned apparently.

Now as per new rule book, ANY ROUND IN WHICH A FIGHTER NEARLY ENDS THE FIGHT SHOULD BE GIVEN A 10-8. That means Romero SHOULD'VE HAD TWO 10-8 rounds in this fight. It wouldn't have mattered which close rounds were given to whom then, and Romero still would've won even if losing 3 10-9 rounds.

The not dimwitted score for this fight should've looked more like 47-46 Romero. Apparently one of the three clowns was more mentally handicapped than the others and managed to squeeze a 49-46 in there. Easiest fight to judge under the new rules in the history of easy fights to judge, just abysmal incompetence and ignorance controlling some pencils...

This is true but a shit rule. It doesnt work in MMA because of the low number of rounds. I thought Whittaker was the right winner in this fight. That is all.
"Josh Emmett didnt fucking move" - Microsoft Office 95

yodelling
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby yodelling » Jun 11. 2018, 13:01

Bakke wrote:This is true but a shit rule. It doesnt work in MMA because of the low number of rounds. I thought Whittaker was the right winner in this fight. That is all.

They were bold enough to put it on paper, but not bold enough to implement it... Like I said, I don't think it was a robbery, but I don't know why Athletic Commissions would look for an unified rule book that they aren't willing/prepared to enforce. That's why so many people booed the decision at that moment, and I sort of agree with the fans. Considering the number of discussions I had in here that prompted me into Googling and reading the rules, some of the events in this fight were a no-brainer if you were actually judging it "by the book"...

yodelling
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby yodelling » Jun 11. 2018, 13:06

Also, if you look into that 10-8 rule, it sort of "forces" fighters towards looking for a finish by rewarding this with a bigger win margin per round, so I don't think it's a bad rule at all. When you combine the new 10-8 rule with the "Effective Striking (damage)" criteria, fighters being aggressive and looking for a finish are rewarded against volume strikers and point-fighters, all that is missing is adequate and/or prepared judging...

Bakke
H.O.F. CRI5
H.O.F. CRI5

Postby Bakke » Jun 11. 2018, 13:11

yodelling wrote:Also, if you look into that 10-8 rule, it sort of "forces" fighters towards looking for a finish by rewarding this with a bigger win margin per round, so I don't think it's a bad rule at all. When you combine the new 10-8 rule with the "Effective Striking (damage)" criteria, fighters being aggressive and looking for a finish are rewarded against volume strikers and point-fighters, all that is missing is adequate and/or prepared judging...

Because the 10-point must scoring system was shit to begin with in MMA. It was just stolen from boxing where you have up to 12 rounds. When you only have 3 rounds the 10-8 or 10-7 carries way too much weight. A 10-8 in a 3 round fight means that the other guy cant win without a 10-8 round too. Its bullshit. The whole fight should just be scored as one unit.
"Josh Emmett didnt fucking move" - Microsoft Office 95

yodelling
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby yodelling » Jun 11. 2018, 13:26

That's true, plus it's been speculated that draws are likely to become more of a thing in the new system, because judges are being instructed to call them more often in rounds with no clear winner, and considering the planned increase in 10-8 rounds, any fights within which a fighter wins a 10-8 and loses the other 2 rounds normally would be a draw (28-28) :D

xxxRipperxxx
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby xxxRipperxxx » Jun 11. 2018, 18:48

All the morons complaining about a bad decision don't know math either, you can't win the fight taking naps through 1/3 of the fight and expect to beat the champ.

Confirmation
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby Confirmation » Jun 11. 2018, 19:19

2 x 10-8 nasty beating

Kizzo
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Jun 11. 2018, 19:22

SakuSamurai wrote:He couldnt do shit with it?

Yeah. Romero literally couldn't do shit to a guy with a broken hand and who was in survival mode.

SakuSamurai wrote:Whittaker took a serious beating. 

So did Romero. See Romero's face in the hospital video.

SakuSamurai wrote:More than once he was in survival mode.

People who get knocked down are usually in survival mode.  People here are overplaying those knockdowns like it was for the entire round. It wasn't.

SakuSamurai wrote:You could say Covington didnt do shit with his takedown-attempts. It still won him.the fight.

Didn't watch the Covington fight so I wouldn't know. 
CRI XCVIII Champ
LMS XIII Champ

Kizzo
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Jun 11. 2018, 19:38

yodelling wrote:The rules clearly state (since the old rule book), that EFFECTIVE STRIKING, a term invented to euphemize the term DAMAGE (as perfectly explained somewhere in the same book), TAKES PRECEDENCE OVER EVERY OTHER ASPECT OF JUDGING, like number of strikes and position control.

Actually the rulebook says effective striking IS number of strikes.
Effective striking is judged by determining the total number of legal strikes landed by a contestant.
http://media.ufc.tv//discover-ufc/Unified_Rules_MMA.pdf

If we go by this definition, then Round 1 could or should have been a 10-8 for Whittaker.
CRI XCVIII Champ
LMS XIII Champ

0T0
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby 0T0 » Jun 11. 2018, 23:48

Confirmation wrote:
paupre wrote:I will have to go back and watch this again in a few days, I honestly see a case for both guys getting the decision or even a case for a draw.  Rogan talking about a third fight if I am Whittaker's management I would be like hell no we aren't fighting that monster again we beat twice!  Be great as a fan, I am doubtful we will see it again.  As too Whittaker raising is hands after the fight that is what you should always do in a decision situation.
I don't know where Romero goes from here he is in that unfortunate position of being the number one contender who has lost to the champ twice, he also has the weight issue to deal with.  Talk of him going up to 205, to go up to a division 20 pounds north of where you have been competing to face people who are probably cutting from 225-240 lbs at 41 is a huge request.

No he didn't lose , he won , the decision doesn't matter, we saw the truth 

I agree, there could be a case, however small it may be, for Whittaker. But no matter how slim the margin, most believe Romero should have gotten the nod. I've seen plenty of "strange calls", in my time, and the weight cut fiasco/ruling was suspect as well. I'm starting to think that people who claim all pro-sports are fixed, might not be far off.
DAMN homie!!! Quit hoggin' da Hateraid! Ya suppose' ta take a swig an' pass. It a' come back 'round ta ya soon nuff! $h¡t!

Return to “MMA VIDEOS”