Fights by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS | MMAUP

DEMIAN MAIA vs KAMARU USMAN

Serious MMA Forum. MMA + Boxing + Kickboxing is merged. MMA Full Fight Videos, Free UFC Videos, Interviews, UFC Highlights, Weigh-Ins, Previews, ... EMBED or link to the source site! Do not start Spoiler-TOPICS!
support
info@mmashare.com
info@mmashare.com

DEMIAN MAIA vs KAMARU USMAN

Postby support » May 15. 2018, 18:10

Demian Maia vs Kamaru Usman full fight video - UFC Fight Night 129 (May 19)

VIDEO

You might need to turn off AdBlock

paupre
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Re: DEMIAN MAIA vs KAMARU USMAN

Postby paupre » May 20. 2018, 12:25

I hope Demian Maia seriously considers retirement, he can be fun to watch if he can implement his game but the top echelon of that division has figured out how to nullify him so all he is doing is taking punishment. That one dimensional style took him to two title shots that weren't good fights but he did fight for the title so he can be proud of that.
Very good take down defense from Usman, I also like how smoothly he switches stances to throw from different angles. He did drop Maia but his stance is more a volume one then a power one. I also will be curious to see how he does against someone who throws a lot of leg kicks. I think the obvious fight for him would be Colby Covington which I think will be a fun build up and a good fight in itself.

MajorBA
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby MajorBA » May 21. 2018, 12:34

paupre wrote:I hope Demian Maia seriously considers retirement, he can be fun to watch if he can implement his game but the top echelon of that division has figured out how to nullify him so all he is doing is taking punishment.  That one dimensional style took him to two title shots that weren't good fights but he did fight for the title so he can be proud of that.
Very good take down defense from Usman, I also like how smoothly he switches stances to throw from different angles.  He did drop Maia but his stance is more a volume one then a power one.  I also will be curious to see how he does against someone who throws a lot of leg kicks.  I think the obvious fight for him would be Colby Covington which I think will be a fun build up and a good fight in itself.

Good post.  It was sad and almost pathetic to see him nullified and lay down over and over trying to invite the ground game that Usman wasn't stupid enough to engage in.  It was also pathetic to see Usman unable to finish the stand up against such an unaccomplished striker. 
"If they will play fair I will play fair, but if they won't then I reserve all my rights to do anything I find myself able to do."-William Howard Taft

"We can't cure stupid, but we can alleviate it's symptoms."-MajorBA

Kragge
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Kragge » May 21. 2018, 17:56

I wouldn't call it pathetic. No one has been able to. Yes, Usman has a good TDD, but that can be said about Woodley to and he was still terrified of Maìa being anywhere near him. Not even Silva deared to put anything behind his strikes when facing Maìa, fearing a well timed TD attempt would have put him on the ground.

MajorBA
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby MajorBA » May 21. 2018, 20:20

Kragge wrote:I wouldn't call it pathetic. No one has been able to. Yes, Usman has a good TDD, but that can be said about Woodley to and he was still terrified of Maìa being anywhere near him. Not even Silva deared to put anything behind his strikes when facing Maìa, fearing a well timed TD attempt would have put him on the ground.

Fair enough, but Maia was slow and spent by the third round.  Uppercuts, upsets to the body, and the liver kick were available all day and I didn't see anything like that utilized.  Usman fell short of many opportunities to close it out.  The opportunity for a submission of his own via guillotine was there often in those sprawls. He almost had it once.  He could have baited the double leg attempts and tried to lock one on several times.
I just wasn't impressed.
"If they will play fair I will play fair, but if they won't then I reserve all my rights to do anything I find myself able to do."-William Howard Taft

"We can't cure stupid, but we can alleviate it's symptoms."-MajorBA

eitan83
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby eitan83 » May 22. 2018, 01:53

maia is a legend, but he should retire still at his prime, watching this fight was embarrassing as his fan...he should be focusing on passing his bjj talent and  knowledge to the younger generation.

medicineeng
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby medicineeng » May 22. 2018, 07:26

Since the Covington fight it was clear that Maia would not be able at this stage of his career, to take any top10 ranked WW.

I think he still has a couple of fights left, but more as a gate keeper to top 10 than as a real contender.
The lunatic will lead the blind
ADF

octopussy
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby octopussy » May 25. 2018, 03:46

paupre wrote:I hope Demian Maia seriously considers retirement, he can be fun to watch if he can implement his game but the top echelon of that division has figured out how to nullify him so all he is doing is taking punishment.  That one dimensional style took him to two title shots that weren't good fights but he did fight for the title so he can be proud of that.
Very good take down defense from Usman, I also like how smoothly he switches stances to throw from different angles.  He did drop Maia but his stance is more a volume one then a power one.  I also will be curious to see how he does against someone who throws a lot of leg kicks.  I think the obvious fight for him would be Colby Covington which I think will be a fun build up and a good fight in itself.

very good said
[b]RetZef[/b]

Chimp
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Chimp » May 26. 2018, 14:01

Is it just me that has no video showing after I follow the link?

Return to “MMA VIDEOS”