Fights by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

Mackenzie Dern vs Amanda Cooper

MMA + Boxing + Kickboxing is merged. MMA Fight Videos, Free UFC Videos, Interviews, Highlights, Weigh-Ins, Previews, ... EMBED or link to source site! Do not start Spoiler-TOPICS!
support
info@mmashare.com
info@mmashare.com

Mackenzie Dern vs Amanda Cooper

Postby support » May 13. 2018, 04:01

Mackenzie Dern vs Amanda Cooper fight video

VIDEO

You might need to turn off AdBlock

szegedguy
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Re: Mackenzie Dern vs Amanda Cooper

Postby szegedguy » May 13. 2018, 05:53

I'm happy for her, she finished it in style. Like her very much, congrats.

Ezol
MIDDLEW. CHAMP
MIDDLEW. CHAMP

Postby Ezol » May 13. 2018, 06:45

SPOILER

Not happy with Dern winning after missing that much weight, but a good win for her.
Michael ”The One Eyed, Left Hook Larry, Sexy Wizard” Bisping

iain2909
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby iain2909 » May 13. 2018, 07:10

lazy fat cunt

paupre
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby paupre » May 13. 2018, 09:51

I wonder who is advising Dern on her career. This fight didn't really do anything other then get her a win against an opponent with what is now a 50% win loss record. That combined with missing weight probably moved her back in most peoples mind. It kind of seems like MMA is a lark to her obviously she is not motivated to maintain a level of fitness she is going to need to reach the top level of competition.

Joe Dolan
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby Joe Dolan » May 13. 2018, 10:19

Dominic Cruz and Tyron Woodley were discussing this fight on FX, and said they felt the missed weight was intentional. I agree. Dern looked fat for the fight. I now have a new least-favorite fighter...

hippielove
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby hippielove » May 13. 2018, 10:54

Totally intentional, her BIG @ss ran over cooper like she was nothing and fast too.
She looked at least two weight classes bigger!nosedrill 
Next time I bet cooper does not take the fight! Ego. I understand if she didn’t, she would look like the bigger puss but damn. Another Fk you dern!
★ Peace, Love ★ Happiness stuff ★

szegedguy
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby szegedguy » May 13. 2018, 11:59

It's not the first time that this happens to me... liking a fighter, when everyone else seems to hate him. I agree that not making weight is a bad thing, and she was well over, but I like her as a person... the way she talks, always smiling and quite humble, not at all aggresive outside the cage. I would love to see more fighters respecting each other, while doing their jobs in the cage. Too much forced, fake trash talk lately... UFC is beginning to look like WWE, and that's bad. I also like that she was not bitter and angry when Amanda didn't want to shake hands.

SterlingStar
WELTERW. CHAMP
WELTERW. CHAMP

Postby SterlingStar » May 13. 2018, 12:47

szegedguy wrote:It's not the first time that this happens to me... liking a fighter, when everyone else seems to hate him. I agree that not making weight is a bad thing, and she was well over, but I like her as a person... the way she talks, always smiling and quite humble, not at all aggresive outside the cage. I would love to see more fighters respecting each other, while doing their jobs in the cage. Too much forced, fake trash talk lately... UFC is beginning to look like WWE, and that's bad. I also like that she was not bitter and angry when Amanda didn't want to shake hands.

Would you still like her all pumped full of PEDs too?
This is EXACTLY the same thing! It is a competitive advantage over your opponent. She weighed in .6lbs off of a full weight class! After filling back up on fight day she was 2 or more weight classes above and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out 20+ lbs on your opposition is a HUGE (pun intended) advantage.
Why would she be bitter, she knew what she was doing. I hope they force her up a weight class like KG, I want to see her fight someone her own size and get destroyed. I am not impressed by any of her performances.
You hold them accountable but you don't hold an entire people accountable for their actions. That's racist." -rique000

szegedguy
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby szegedguy » May 13. 2018, 16:07

Well, I said that not making weight is a bad thing, and I think she should try harder or go to a superior weight class, or be punished if it happens again... but comparing this to taking PEDs is a stretch. Doping is illegal, not making weight shows maybe a weak character, but it's plain to see, nothing hidden. Amanda could have refused the fight, and nobody would have argued with that. But she choose to fight, and she seemed pretty sure she can win. Also, UFC did allow the fight, so nothing illegal here. And the way she finished the fight, it was quite impressive for me. Anyway, I said I like her as a person, the way she tries to be nice... unlike Amanda, by the way. I can understand why you are angry, you clearly have a point, I hope next time Dern will make weight. I also had the impression that people are annoyed by her accent, but I don't have this problem, because I'm from Eastern Europe. I cannot judge this, I just understand what fighters are saying. So, I still like her, but you have a point. That weight problem should not happen again.

Chimp
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Chimp » May 13. 2018, 18:33

Yeh she was big for this fight, like noticeably... not cool. How much this advantage played out in the fight i don’t know, as Cooper got caught, that was that, don’t think he bubble butt made much difference in the end. But she needs to cut that shit out going forward, so I’ll reserve my judgement on her until she fights even competition

chossy
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby chossy » May 13. 2018, 18:55

She's missed weight 3 times now.

Bakke
H.O.F. CRI4
H.O.F. CRI4

Postby Bakke » May 13. 2018, 19:47

Cooper was a moron for taking the fight. 7lbs is not even trying to cut the weight and the fight should have just been cancelled, followed by cutting Derns fat ass.

Fight was funny though. Commentators mentioning Copper saying that she was a way better striker with 15 years of experience, and then she got smashed by the shittiest punch I have seen in a long time.
"Josh Emmett didnt fucking move" - Microsoft Office 95

clamcakes
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby clamcakes » May 13. 2018, 21:18

I already didn't like her because of the fake accent thing. And I'm guessing she now holds the UFC record for missing weight by the highest percentage of the target weight. Hopefully she's never allowed to fight at strawweight again.

Return to “MMA VIDEOS”