Fights by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS | MMAUP

Kelvin Gastelum vs. Ronaldo Souza Jacare

Serious MMA Forum. MMA + Boxing + Kickboxing is merged. MMA Full Fight Videos, Free UFC Videos, Interviews, UFC Highlights, Weigh-Ins, Previews, ... EMBED or link to the source site! Do not start Spoiler-TOPICS!
support
info@mmashare.com
info@mmashare.com

Kelvin Gastelum vs. Ronaldo Souza Jacare

Postby support » May 12. 2018, 18:33

Kelvin Gastelum vs. Ronaldo Souza Jacare full fight video replay - UFC 224

VIDEO

You might need to turn off AdBlock

Ezol
MIDDLEW. CHAMP
MIDDLEW. CHAMP

Re: Kelvin Gastelum vs. Ronaldo Souza Jacare

Postby Ezol » May 13. 2018, 06:11

The video doesn¨'t work anymore (taken down by the UFC)
Michael ”The One Eyed, Left Hook Larry, Sexy Wizard” Bisping

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Robert223 » May 13. 2018, 06:39

I just watched it on fightpass. Kelvin impressed me most.
He survived the early onslaught on the ground and defended well. He got hit by a couple big punches too but never lost his drive to go after Jacare.

Really looking forward to him facing either Robert or Yoel! :fb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFQ0V8TcyvY&list=PLCEE01064AF877F81

paupre
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby paupre » May 13. 2018, 10:18

I wouldn't call it a robbery as someone else said in the video comments but I was surprised. Jacare was very dominate in the first where Gastelum took the 2nd and 3rd but by much closer margins. Jacare just seemed to fatigue at the end of the first but was still putting forth effort in the exchanges. I think it could of been a draw depending on how you scored the 1st round but kind of glad there was a winner decided. I don't see Gastelum beating either Romero or Whittaker but will be a fun fight to watch if he gets the shot he deserves.

SterlingStar
WELTERW. CHAMP
WELTERW. CHAMP

Postby SterlingStar » May 13. 2018, 12:14

KG clearly won the fight, even had a knockdown in the 2nd, effectively making it a 10 - 8. How anyone other than JS fan can call that a W for him is beyond me.

Though I am highly surprised we didn't see another hometown robbery in Brazil, Jacare is a legend!

Yoel and/or Rob would destroy Gastelum. Not sure i even see him at #2 for long.
You hold them accountable but you don't hold an entire people accountable for their actions. That's racist." -rique000

eitan83
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby eitan83 » May 13. 2018, 13:04

pure robbery ,wasnt impressed with jacare in the last rounds, although kelvin did not do enough to snatch it except one knock down in the 2nd round...i suspect ufc is full of politics and interests.

Bakke
H.O.F. CRI5
H.O.F. CRI5

Postby Bakke » May 13. 2018, 13:30

eitan83 wrote:pure robbery ,wasnt impressed with jacare in the last rounds, although kelvin did not do enough to snatch it except one knock down in the 2nd round...i suspect ufc is full of politics and interests.

Far from robbery. Second was all Kelvin and the third was close..
"Josh Emmett didnt fucking move" - Microsoft Office 95

freeindeed
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby freeindeed » May 13. 2018, 14:17

Calling robbery is ridiculous. 10-9 Jacare, 9-10 Gastelum (1 knockdown DOES NOT = 8-10). The 3rd was close, coulda gone either way. Gastelum is dangerous and could easily beat Whittaker or Romero. I wouldnt bet on it, but  he is good enough to beat anyone. Jacare is no joke.

SakuSamurai
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby SakuSamurai » May 13. 2018, 14:52

Gastelum defended well and ate hard shots like they were nothing. But i dont see that he did enough. He was the fresher fighter, but didn´t do much with it (besides the knockdown, that was partially to Jacares fatigue). 
Jacare wasted himself with the takedown attempt, should have kept control and g´n´p and wait for a better submission opportunity. 

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Robert223 » May 13. 2018, 14:58

freeindeed wrote:1 knockdown DOES NOT = 8-10)

...Judges must CONSIDER giving the score of 10-8 when a fighter IMPACTS their opponent significantly in a round even though they do not dominate the action. Effectiveness in striking or grappling which leads to a diminishing of a fighter’s energy, confidence, abilities and spirit. All of these come as a direct result of negative impact. When a fighter is hurt with strikes, showing a lack of control or ability, these can be defining moments in the fight. If a judge sees that a fighter has been significantly damaged in the round the judge should CONSIDER the score of 10-8.

Impact

A judge shall assess if a fighter impacts their opponent significantly in the round, even though they may not have dominated the action. Impact includes visible evidence such as swelling and lacerations. Impact shall also be assessed when a fighter’s actions, using striking and/or grappling, lead to a diminishing of their opponents’ energy, confidence, abilities and spirit. All of these come as a direct result of impact. When a fighter is impacted with strikes, by lack of control and/or ability, this can create defining moments in the round and shall be assessed with great value...

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/1/2/14 ... -interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFQ0V8TcyvY&list=PLCEE01064AF877F81

Dendra
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby Dendra » May 13. 2018, 17:22

This was a draw (if 2nd round was 10-8) or a win for Jacare. The 1st round goes to Jacare and the 3rd - even though Kelvin looked to be in a better state, he didn't do much...Jacare was the one pressing the action, landing shots and takedowns...

Neither of them looked impressive in the end.
Real mean beats fake nice on any given day.

Johnny Shoots
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Johnny Shoots » May 13. 2018, 17:49

freeindeed wrote:Calling robbery is ridiculous. 10-9 Jacare, 9-10 Gastelum (1 knockdown DOES NOT = 8-10). The 3rd was close, coulda gone either way. Gastelum is dangerous and could easily beat Whittaker or Romero. I wouldnt bet on it, but  he is good enough to beat anyone. Jacare is no joke.

Good point.  I was scoring the second 10-8.  Could have gone either way.
I'm a fight fan, not a fighter fan.

david97471
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby david97471 » May 14. 2018, 01:12

spoiler

I thought Kelvin left that a little close Im not sure who won but I definitley think he should have pressed him more and punched more but props to jacare he was all heart in the third

Chimp
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Chimp » May 15. 2018, 06:46

I felt it was the correct decision, Kelvin was more aggressive and effective in the third decisive round. Small margin, but a margin nevertheless

Return to “MMA VIDEOS”