Fights by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

FEDOR EMELIANENKO vs FRANK MIR

MMA + Boxing + Kickboxing is merged. MMA Fight Videos, Free UFC Videos, Interviews, Highlights, Weigh-Ins, Previews, ... EMBED or link to source site! Do not start Spoiler-TOPICS!
Kyokushinkai
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Re: FEDOR vs MIR

Postby Kyokushinkai » Apr 29. 2018, 05:31

T H E. G O A T.

walterwhite
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby walterwhite » Apr 29. 2018, 06:24

anybody got the in cage Chael promo/ interview?

szegedguy
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby szegedguy » Apr 29. 2018, 06:44

Happy for Fedor, he was the best in the world, and I've seen him then. He remains a good fighter, and this was an entertaining fight, although a little bit short. Time to retire in glory.

Joe Dolan
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby Joe Dolan » Apr 29. 2018, 09:19

I was rooting for Fedor, but I believed that Frank would win. Glad Fedor prevailed. :like

WTF is up with Bader (a light heavyweight) and Sonnen (a middleweight/light heavyweight) being in a heavyweight tournament? Aren't there enough true heavyweights in Bellator to be in the tournament?

LiverZenta
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby LiverZenta » Apr 29. 2018, 14:51

I thought it was a dive for sure untill i saw the second angle

thevillain
Dr. Octagon
Dr. Octagon

Postby thevillain » Apr 29. 2018, 16:41

MiChOcO wrote:
Ezol wrote:
MiChOcO wrote:Terrible fight. Fedor got rocked and blocked almost no strike. Both had no defense, just throwing punches it could go either way. I respect Fedor for his dominance during his Pride era but it's time to stop, to save his health.

I wouldn't say no defense if you look at Fedors headmovement and footwork majority of the fight. It was bad that he was clipped and Mir left himself open. Were you not entertained?

That was too short to be entertained to me, especially after that long period break obviously I would like to see some longer actions even if I know everything could happen so fast in HW. His head movements were not that good since the 1st combo thrown by Mir got him rocked. It looks Fedor is way less patient than before and count a lot on that 1 punch KO now, and it works sometimes but, too much exposure during his last fights in my opinion.

Guys if you ask me,this fight was a lot better than expected !
The last Fedor and Mir Fights felt like those guys are fading pretty hard over the years.Of course you do,if you life this lifestyle as a professional fighter,especially such veterans  :D
But in my opinion,this fight was good cause it actually had a vibe that you could feel ! Like from the first second,I got the feeling that both of them are out to clip the other.Fedor like in his good old days,and Mir hungry as well.
It felt like both of them wanted to make a statement with this one,and Fedor was the one who succeeded.So for me, it was entertaining 2 watch,especially compared to the boring Sonnen vs Jackson cluster f**k we've seen so far  :lol:
#fuckthat
ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ มิวราด

Lukn4trbl
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby Lukn4trbl » Apr 29. 2018, 17:15

Ambiguous Spoiler:

It's like he didn't even show up.

After all that.. you have to back it up.
Baller Betting - It will make you cool.

Lukn4trbl
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby Lukn4trbl » Apr 29. 2018, 17:21

Ambiguous Spoiler:

It's like he didn't even show up.

After all that smack...  you have to back it up.
Baller Betting - It will make you cool.

Ezol
MIDDLEW. CHAMP
MIDDLEW. CHAMP

Postby Ezol » Apr 30. 2018, 03:02

MiChOcO wrote:
Ezol wrote:
MiChOcO wrote:Terrible fight. Fedor got rocked and blocked almost no strike. Both had no defense, just throwing punches it could go either way. I respect Fedor for his dominance during his Pride era but it's time to stop, to save his health.

I wouldn't say no defense if you look at Fedors headmovement and footwork majority of the fight. It was bad that he was clipped and Mir left himself open. Were you not entertained?

That was too short to be entertained to me, especially after that long period break obviously I would like to see some longer actions even if I know everything could happen so fast in HW. His head movements were not that good since the 1st combo thrown by Mir got him rocked. It looks Fedor is way less patient than before and count a lot on that 1 punch KO now, and it works sometimes but, too much exposure during his last fights in my opinion.

Okay. The way I see it is that a fast win is good, especially in a tournament format. I like that Fedor controlled/reversed Mir on the cage, used knees alot (which we need to give Fedor credit for compared to other complaints), that Fedor used throws and that his baiting tactic actually worked for a KO once again. It's always risky standing up as a HW. If Fedor gets rocked worse than in this fight, then he should go for the takedown, GnP or more cage battle.

He protected himself really well with his hand on the way up and didn't get it any more since he was knocked down to my knowledge.
Michael ”The One Eyed, Left Hook Larry, Sexy Wizard” Bisping

Synergy
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby Synergy » Apr 30. 2018, 03:44

I got into MMA watching Fedor and still consider him the GOAT.

That being said, this current Fedor is not the same fighter we saw in Pride. He has become too one dimensional as he has fallen in love with the KO, rather than fighting a well rounded game. Fighting experts have reported how he got more religious, stop training as hard and his mind just wasn't into fighting anymore.
Happy to see him win, but lets be honest, he is here just to collect a cheque.

Chimp
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Chimp » Apr 30. 2018, 05:56

Agree with the above, but not sure about his training and stuff, I just assumed it was what happens when you’ve been doing this for so long, like with any sport, but it clearer to see due to the breadth of skills in MMA. Either way still has heavy hands! Right from the bell going it was never lasting more than a few minutes, it was simply who’s landing the clean shot first.

Love both fighters, so shame it didn’t turn into more of a scrap

thefud
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby thefud » Apr 30. 2018, 10:58

walterwhite wrote:anybody got the in cage Chael promo/ interview?

lol god it was bad, other than Fedor ignoring it all.

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Apr 30. 2018, 11:37

Almost had him. But if you can't beat Frodo, that's probably a good sign you should think about hanging up the gloves.
CRI XCVIII Champ
LMS XIII Champ

hippielove
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby hippielove » Apr 30. 2018, 12:58

Good back in forth ‘while’ it lasted.  :fb
Glad to see Fedor get the W.
Not sure what’s in store for both fighters future. I agree, It’s about time to hang up the gloves. We’ll see how the rest of the tournament goes.
★ Peace, Love ★ Happiness stuff ★

Return to “MMA VIDEOS”