Fights by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS | MMAUP

KHABIB NURMAGOMEDOV vs AL LAQUINTA

Serious MMA Forum. MMA + Boxing + Kickboxing is merged. MMA Full Fight Videos, Free UFC Videos, Interviews, UFC Highlights, Weigh-Ins, Previews, ... EMBED or link to the source site! Do not start Spoiler-TOPICS!

Who will win?

KHABIB NURMAGOMEDOV
51
93%
AL IAQUINTA
4
7%
 
Total votes: 55

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.
Posts: 11826
Joined: Apr 19. 2009, 05:15

Re: KHABIB NURMAGOMEDOV vs AL LAQUINTA

Postby Robert223 » Apr 9. 2018, 19:11

Image
:lol:

User avatar
Crud
CRI1
CRI1
Posts: 654
Joined: Dec 31. 2014, 18:36

Re: KHABIB NURMAGOMEDOV vs AL LAQUINTA

Postby Crud » Apr 9. 2018, 22:25

Damn, poor Al Iaquinta is always getting his name spelled wrong.^Re: KHABIB NURMAGOMEDOV vs AL LAQUINTA
Image

User avatar
bluechip55
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP
Posts: 104
Joined: Jan 12. 2017, 14:27

Re: KHABIB NURMAGOMEDOV vs AL LAQUINTA

Postby bluechip55 » Apr 10. 2018, 00:56

Good fight congrats K N

User avatar
ikor
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2
Posts: 2231
Joined: Jun 7. 2015, 03:16

Re: KHABIB NURMAGOMEDOV vs AL LAQUINTA

Postby ikor » Apr 10. 2018, 01:38

Al Iaquinta speaking about the fight and Nurmagomedov boxing

phpBB [video]

User avatar
Synergy
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1
Posts: 2163
Joined: Oct 24. 2009, 07:08

Re: KHABIB NURMAGOMEDOV vs AL LAQUINTA

Postby Synergy » Apr 10. 2018, 02:50

I am not sure whether Khabib coasted rounds 3 and 4, just to get in some standup practice or whether he actually struggled to take down Al.
   Its hard to believe he couldn't take a tired opponent down, given he easily took him down in round 1 and 2 when he was fresh. 
   Khabib's standup was limited to say the least, but that was kind of expected. That said, Al rarely connected on him, inspite of the flaws with his standup.

770 wrote:That fight was pathetic :roll: McGregor would sleep Habib and you know it.
Michael Johnson rocked Khabib. Let that sink in

Here come the Conor nuthuggers.
   Could Conor sleep Khabib, off course as every power puncher has a punchers chance. However the best we saw was Johnson tag Khabib, on the flip side we saw Conor quit 
 Thing is Conor has piss poor takedown defense and has little to no ground game, given how quickly he tapped to a average fighter in Nate Diaz.
    Most likely scenario is Khabib takes him down and mauls him and Conor quickly taps, so he can end the beating.

   I have been saying it for a while now, I do not expect Conor to fight Khabib and would be shocked if this fight actually takes place (though I do hope it happens). Khabib would destroy Conor and get rid of his mystique and that reduces his fan as well as removes opportunities in Hollywood as well as promoting products using his name. Though this ridiculous brawl does make things more interesting and Conor will look like a pussy if he refuses the fight, after he tried to assault Khabib by getting along 30 thugs.

Kizzo
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1
Posts: 23663
Joined: Jun 30. 2013, 19:00

Re: KHABIB NURMAGOMEDOV vs AL LAQUINTA

Postby Kizzo » Apr 10. 2018, 04:57

Here comes the Conor haters.

Synergy wrote:Could Conor sleep Khabib, off course as every power puncher has a punchers chance. However the best we saw was Johnson tag Khabib


Conor is not Johnson.  Johnson's wins only comes from 47% knockouts. Conor's wins comes from 85%. Not only does Conor have more KO power than Johnson, but Conor is a much better striker than Johnson with better accuracy.

Synergy wrote:on the flip side we saw Conor quit


On the feet to an above average mma boxer with longer reach and stronger chin.  Nate mostly won that fight due to his strong chin and Conor's cardio issue. Khabib's standup sucks in comparison, and I doubt his chin is strong as Nate's.

Synergy wrote:Thing is Conor has piss poor takedown defense and has little to no ground game, given how quickly he tapped to a average fighter in Nate Diaz.


Khabib's TD technique isn't that great. Iaquinta defended 9 out of 15.  Conor defended 3 of 7 TD attempts by Mendes so I wouldn't call Conor's TD piss poor either.  Dan Hardy actually spoke on this and gave Conor more credit than given to him by his haters. And I wouldn't judge his ground game based on Nate's first fight considering he was dead tired and only went to the ground to look for a quick way out rather than trying to compete with Nate on the ground.

Synergy wrote:Most likely scenario is Khabib takes him down and mauls him and Conor quickly taps, so he can end the beating.


Not really a surprising or revealing prediction. Pretty obvious that's the only way Khabib can win, and Conor's chance will rely on knocking Khabib on the feet while avoiding the TD.

I personally won't be putting any money down on this fight.

Hopefully, this fight happens as many would like to see this fight happen.
CRI XCVIII Champ
LMS XIII Champ

770
H.O.F.
H.O.F.
Posts: 9500
Joined: Aug 10. 2010, 07:01

Re: KHABIB NURMAGOMEDOV vs AL LAQUINTA

Postby 770 » Apr 10. 2018, 06:38

Kizzo wrote:Here comes the Conor haters.



Conor is not Johnson.  Johnson's wins only comes from 47% knockouts. Conor's wins comes from 85%. Not only does Conor have more KO power than Johnson, but Conor is a much better striker than Johnson with better accuracy.

McGregor's stand-up is pristine and this is a tough fight for the Taliban. I will say it here right now, if this fight happens, McKingKong will punch the goat off Habibi's head :c

User avatar
Chimp
H.O.F.
H.O.F.
Posts: 990
Joined: Nov 21. 2009, 11:47

Re: KHABIB NURMAGOMEDOV vs AL LAQUINTA

Postby Chimp » Apr 10. 2018, 07:25

Respect to Laquinta for going the full 5 and putting in a good performance on late notice.

As for the all the chat above, I’m not really interested in Conor, he lost his way a while ago just chasing dollars.  Unfortunately the UFC hype train inflated his ego so much he believes that every fight promotion needs him and consequently he can do and say what he wants.  He is competitive no doubt, but now the only reason he would come back is for the money, which he doesn’t even need, so it would just be greed on his part and completely the wrong ethos.

Secondly, he’s never defended the belt and arguably avoided some of the tougher match ups for him.  So although his rise to the top was impressive, he hasn’t actually proved he can defend the belt against the best coming up through the division.  So he is far from infallible and given his recent distractions, I’m not sure he would be the fighter that he once was before all the bullshit.

So personally I think Tony should get the shot first.

hippielove
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2
Posts: 2203
Joined: Dec 16. 2015, 12:18
Location: Key West, FL

Re: KHABIB NURMAGOMEDOV vs AL LAQUINTA

Postby hippielove » Apr 10. 2018, 09:49

ikor wrote:Al Iaquinta speaking about the fight and Nurmagomedov boxing

phpBB [video]

Funny video.  :mrgreen:   Khabib is still laughing at this Al whoever:lol:
Yeah, he really respected Ur punching power, thats why he stood and jabbed ur face to shit.  :fb
Silly fight, silly joke, dum, dum, dum...  :roll:
★ Peace, Love and Happiness stuff ★

Kizzo
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1
Posts: 23663
Joined: Jun 30. 2013, 19:00

Re: KHABIB NURMAGOMEDOV vs AL LAQUINTA

Postby Kizzo » Apr 10. 2018, 13:15

Chimp wrote:Respect to Laquinta for going the full 5 and putting in a good performance on late notice.

As for the all the chat above, I’m not really interested in Conor, he lost his way a while ago just chasing dollars.  Unfortunately the UFC hype train inflated his ego so much he believes that every fight promotion needs him and consequently he can do and say what he wants.  He is competitive no doubt, but now the only reason he would come back is for the money, which he doesn’t even need, so it would just be greed on his part and completely the wrong ethos.

Secondly, he’s never defended the belt and arguably avoided some of the tougher match ups for him.  So although his rise to the top was impressive, he hasn’t actually proved he can defend the belt against the best coming up through the division.  So he is far from infallible and given his recent distractions, I’m not sure he would be the fighter that he once was before all the bullshit.

So personally I think Tony should get the shot first.

See how much money he is bringing into the UFC. See who he has made come out of retirement of boxing to fight him for hundreds of millions of dollars. Compare what the UFC did when Conor acted badly to what the UFC did to Paul Daley. Why wouldn't Conor believe that every fight promotion needs him? He knows he is hot shit. I wouldn't be surprised to find out Conor is the biggest UFC star in UFC history.

Second, how many fighters are there in this world that go their entire career without ever winning the belt and only have life lasting injuries to follow them to the grave following some "ethos"? Conor has not only won a belt, but two belts, and made millions doing it. Not many can say the same. And let's be real. At the end of the day, these fighters are "prize fighters". None of them will fight for free. They all fight for money. Also, consider that Conor may have never set out in the beginning to follow the traditional path (fight your way to the top, win belt, defend belt many times). In that case, he doesn't need to prove anything to anybody because that was never his goal.

Anyway, Tony is interim (beat a nobody named Kevin Lee). Khabib beat #11 guy and then claimed he is champ. Conor is the only one who actually beat the real champ, Alvarez. So Conor's belt is actually the only one that was legitimately won. Dominick came back after how many years and proved he is best by beating TJ? If Conor does come back, why shouldn't he get first **** at Khabib? Not to forget to mention, he'd likely would get the shot as that is the fight to make and the one everyone wants to see.
CRI XCVIII Champ
LMS XIII Champ

User avatar
MajorBA
H.O.F.
H.O.F.
Posts: 2508
Joined: Sep 20. 2014, 04:33

Re: KHABIB NURMAGOMEDOV vs AL LAQUINTA

Postby MajorBA » Apr 10. 2018, 15:03

While I do believe that Khabib doesn't punch any harder than my 17 year old daughter and that McGregor will destroy him (As I've said before and say again) regardless of his wrestling, I will give him this: I agree with Javier Mendez concerning how this fight played out.

http://www.mmafighting.com/platform/amp ... th-ufc-223
"If they will play fair I will play fair, but if they won't then I reserve all my rights to do anything I find myself able to do."-William Howard Taft

"We can't cure stupid, but we can alleviate it's symptoms."-MajorBA

hippielove
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2
Posts: 2203
Joined: Dec 16. 2015, 12:18
Location: Key West, FL

Re: KHABIB NURMAGOMEDOV vs AL LAQUINTA

Postby hippielove » Apr 10. 2018, 18:15

MajorBA wrote:While I do believe that Khabib doesn't punch any harder than my 17 year old daughter and that McGregor will destroy him (As I've said before and say again) regardless of his wrestling, I will give him this: I agree with Javier Mendez concerning how this fight played out.

http://www.mmafighting.com/platform/amp ... th-ufc-223

Great post MajorBA:c


Al... wants a rematch with Khabib.  ;)
Good luck getting that fight again.  :like
★ Peace, Love and Happiness stuff ★

User avatar
Libertarian
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
Posts: 645
Joined: Aug 28. 2014, 13:19

Re: KHABIB NURMAGOMEDOV vs AL LAQUINTA

Postby Libertarian » Apr 10. 2018, 18:51

Finally we've seen what happens when he's taken out of his game. His standup is pretty poor. Conor wins if he can keep it off the mat. Anyone of those jabs could have been countered with a nice slip and a counter straight left down the pipe. Tony wins interim belt after beating #7 Lee and Khabib wins belt after beating #11 Iaquinta on a day's notice - number 2 and number 1 bullshit respectively... LOL at Khabib's little shout-out to Putin in his post fight interview!!
wheelbarao

paupre
WELTERW. CHAMP
WELTERW. CHAMP
Posts: 306
Joined: Dec 20. 2015, 09:14

Re: KHABIB NURMAGOMEDOV vs AL LAQUINTA

Postby paupre » Apr 11. 2018, 10:09

Libertarian wrote:Finally we've seen what happens when he's taken out of his game. His standup is pretty poor. Conor wins if he can keep it off the mat. Anyone of those jabs could have been countered with a nice slip and a counter straight left down the pipe. Tony wins interim belt after beating #7 Lee and Khabib wins belt after beating #11 Iaquinta on a day's notice - number 2 and number 1 bullshit respectively... LOL at Khabib's little shout-out to Putin in his post fight interview!!

Here is the thing you have to look at the complete game and how the opponents match up.  Laquinta was very focused on stopping the take down of Khabib so he fought out of a low immobile crouch for the majority of the fight.  This led to the striking occurring in the 3rd and 4th, I was surprised Laquinta was eating so many jabs.  Then I thought maybe he considered getting hit with a jab that was going to mark him up and bruise him but not really hurt him was better then getting taken down then getting mauled when Khabib got top position.  I think if Laquinta would of come out in his standard mobile striking stance he would of looked better on the feet but would of been taken down more.  If they do fight I don't think McGregor is going to make the adjustment to his stance Laqunita did so while he might land more strikes I think he will end up on his back unable to do anything to nullify Khabib's attack.  You can point to the Mendes fight but until Mendes made the mistake of trying to lock in a Guillotine giving McGregor an opening to get back to his feet he was taking heavy damage while on the bottom. 
I agree that there is questions with getting the belt for Khabib that really aren't his fault but he will have to listen to the talk about it.  The whole two belt thing with McGregor was contrived as he was aloud to do things that others had not been allowed to.  This isn't a bad thing as he can sell both the crowd and the UFC management better then anyone else has been able to.  Still I would respect it more if he had won a belt, defended it, then went up in weight to win the second belt.


Return to “MMA VIDEOS”