Fights by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS | MMAUP

bet on tony ferguson tonight!

Serious MMA Forum. MMA + Boxing + Kickboxing is merged. MMA Full Fight Videos, Free UFC Videos, Interviews, UFC Highlights, Weigh-Ins, Previews, ... EMBED or link to the source site! Do not start Spoiler-TOPICS!
lilakmonoke
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

bet on tony ferguson tonight!

Postby lilakmonoke » Mar 23. 2018, 05:46

here is why i think tony might ko or submit kabib:
- he is a lot bigger than all of khabibs previous opponents
- with his long reach and legs he might even keep khabi off him and not get smashed on the ground
- most importantly khabib is a poor defensive boxer and WILL get hit a lot
- tony is a natural finisher, once khabib is in trouble he will go down.
so its either khabib by decision or tony by ko/sub on a 50/50 basis. right now tony on win is 3:1 so you thats an easy bet. just sayin!
Last edited by lilakmonoke on Mar 23. 2018, 09:39, edited 1 time in total.

lilakmonoke
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Re: bet on tony ferguson tonight!

Postby lilakmonoke » Mar 23. 2018, 09:30

so the more i think about it the more i think tony will hand khabib his first big stoppage. i watched all of their last fights again especially for mental strategies.

khabib rolls over dudes until they resign, in barbozas case after the first round. that works but is his only option, if that doesnt happen i can see him being clueless and ultimately desperate. tony does almost exactly the opposite, he plays with dudes and gives them a false sense of nothing bad will happen. as soon as he sees an opening he will flash bazooka and finish them and he has a lot of tools for that.

contrary to barboza tony will never resign, no matter how hard you hit him. RDA hit him with really big shots and even the best ones just made him smile while his shots had a visible effect on RDA, which eventually won him the fight. so even if khabib gets him down and gets big shots past his guard he will never see tony resign so he might get frustated and reckless - while tony has 5 rounds to catch him with something.

and dont forget its khabibs first 5 rounder and he might run out of steam and be human after all while tony seems to be able to do 10 rounds with no problem.

so im laying my money on tony to win (3:1) and possibly on tony by tko which is a crazy 7:1 at the moment. do it and thank me later ;-)

HandSofIgor
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby HandSofIgor » Mar 23. 2018, 14:20

I some what disagree... but tbh I don't see the eagle steam rollin tony.. he's a dog.. and I predict a late round sub...
(" Listen up. If you troll, be prepared for backlash. Fuch you and your bonnets." - Johnny shoots)

Lukn4trbl
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby Lukn4trbl » Mar 23. 2018, 19:52

It will be tough to pick a winner, but if I had to choose, I'd guess Khabib with the better ground game.
Baller Betting - It will make you cool.

ted
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby ted » Mar 24. 2018, 07:41

"I'd guess Khabib with the better ground game." that.

lilakmonoke
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby lilakmonoke » Mar 24. 2018, 16:03

> I'd guess Khabib with the better ground game.

he doesnt have the better ground game, he has superb smash wrestling and thats not going to work on tony who will get taken down but not smashed. tony has the much better submission game AND is bigger than khabib.

everybody is so dazzled by khabibs 25:0 record that the betting odds are not reflecting the reality of this fight. its a good chance to take advantage of that!

david97471
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby david97471 » Mar 25. 2018, 03:49

This is not tough at all to pick.  Tony has one and only one chance and that is a darce or similar choke out but being that he will not ever be in the advantage position on kabib when they clinch and he will only be on his feet for a brief moment to start each round I dont see this as a viable option without a transition scamble chaotic kind of lucky break.  Kabib has a good chin and Tony is to slow anyway.  Tony has a mediocre chin.  He really shines in transition chokes and stamina.  But that is the only areas he matches up in.  But Kabib has good stamina and I believe will be careful until he takes Tony down.  Tony will never be able to get up and will get savagely beat like most other people.  Kabib by TKO rd three or four latest a one sided beat down.  Not even close enough to desire a rematch for the spectators.  Kabib will then try to fight Connor or go up to 170 having nothing else to challenge him at 155.  Connor is the only guy that can perhaps beat him maybe 3-4 times out of ten.  Tony maybe 1 out of  ten if he is lucky.  Tony would probably loose to connor 6-7 times out of ten due to his lack of speed and soft chin.  He just doesnt match well against those two in my opinion.

david97471
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby david97471 » Mar 25. 2018, 03:51

This is not tough at all to pick.  Tony has one and only one chance and that is a darce or similar choke out but being that he will not ever be in the advantage position on kabib when they clinch and he will only be on his feet for a brief moment to start each round I dont see this as a viable option without a transition scamble chaotic kind of lucky break.  Kabib has a good chin and Tony is to slow anyway.  Tony has a mediocre chin.  He really shines in transition chokes and stamina.  But that is the only areas he matches up in.  But Kabib has good stamina and I believe will be careful until he takes Tony down.  Tony will never be able to get up and will get savagely beat like most other people.  Kabib by TKO rd three or four latest a one sided beat down.  Not even close enough to desire a rematch for the spectators.  Kabib will then try to fight Connor or go up to 170 having nothing else to challenge him at 155.  Connor is the only guy that can perhaps beat him maybe 3-4 times out of ten.  Tony maybe 1 out of  ten if he is lucky.  Tony would probably loose to connor 6-7 times out of ten due to his lack of speed and soft chin.  He just doesnt match well against those two in my opinion.

hippielove
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby hippielove » Mar 25. 2018, 20:52

Here’s my 3 cents.

Khabib Nurmagomedov

26-0-0  :c

25 have tried, 25 have died!

unmapped
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby unmapped » Mar 26. 2018, 01:56

can see tony with  out conditioning and khabib doesnt have the best finishing touch 

WazirGrayMusicDotCOM
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby WazirGrayMusicDotCOM » Mar 26. 2018, 08:16

I agree, I think Tony will get the victory unless it goes the distance where the judges will give KN the nod for takedowns and position. Sub/TKO is very likely when you look at Tonys history and mindset/gas tank/skills/will and heart. Tony is a different animal in there. KN's record is a bit padded and doesn't mean much they are both 0-0 against each other. I agree put the $ on Tony and when he wins Conor will try to fight for WW belt instead. Although he fears Woodley and so he is hoping KN wins. or someone beats Twood. 
"Riches and honors are what men desire. If they cannot be obtained in the proper way, they should not be held. Poverty and meanness are what men dislike. If they cannot be avoided in the proper way, they should not be avoided."

Uncle
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Uncle » Mar 27. 2018, 03:42

Khabib is going to make Tony look silly in the cage.

Aloha
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Aloha » Mar 27. 2018, 05:24

Uncle wrote:Khabib is going to make Tony look silly in the cage.

Tony is gonna make Kabob look silly in the cage.

Uncle
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Uncle » Mar 31. 2018, 01:33

Aloha wrote:
Uncle wrote:Khabib is going to make Tony look silly in the cage.

Tony is gonna make Kabob look silly in the cage.

I actually like Tony alot more than Khabib and I want him to put that 1 in the O.
But the reality is Tony never destroyed any top competitors yet. While Khabib had been consistently destroying everyone on the ground.

Return to “MMA VIDEOS”