Fights by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS | MMAUP

C.B. Dollaway vs. Hector Lombard

MMA + Boxing + Kickboxing is merged. MMA Fight Videos, Free UFC Videos, Interviews, Highlights, Weigh-Ins, Previews, ... EMBED or link to source site! Do not start Spoiler-TOPICS!
snake eyes
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Re: C.B. Dollaway vs. Hector Lombard

Postby snake eyes » Mar 6. 2018, 01:11

The ref isn’t the superman. It’s also very smart that refs don’t throw themselves in the middle of an exchange. There was nothing the ref could’ve done in that time without knowing Lomard is about to throw strikes after the bell.

david97471
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby david97471 » Mar 6. 2018, 02:17

I agree with decision if he would of only hit him once it would have been possibly an accident but twice was intentional.  But a stretcher with seat belts come on CB looks pretty pussy.  You already got the victory walk out of the arena at least you drama queen.

Uncle
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Uncle » Mar 6. 2018, 13:38

Ref is an idiot, couldn't do his job in the ring, couldn't make a decision, had to consult with Herb Dean.

JeremyHorn
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby JeremyHorn » Mar 8. 2018, 07:45

Cb was also winning the round and had taken no damage up until that point. I love Sonnen's candor but his argument makes zero sense. Yes you should protect yourself at all times and it's also the referee's job to protect the fighters from illegal strikes that they are not expecting to defend, as well as enforce penalties for illegal actions. Hector threw two shots deliberately after the round ended and one had serious heat and probably concussed Dolloway. The legal and fair thing to do is call off the fight and give the fighter damaged and rendered unable to continue his win money
"Who hit you the hardest in your career?" Roy Nelson " My Dad"

Folcwigga
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby Folcwigga » Mar 8. 2018, 14:21

I think the decision was correct, and CB also looked legitimately buzzed. I've seen some dives in MMA (Josh Koschek anyone?) but they're usually pretty easy to spot in the slow mo, whereas this looked legit. Poor way to end a fight though.
"what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable"

Socrates.

Braktooth
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby Braktooth » Mar 8. 2018, 16:36

I don't even get the argument. Lombard threw two punches after the bell and after the ref said stop, the second one well after. Whether you think (and how would you know?) CB was faking or not, he definitely was hit by a clean shot well after the bell. If he can't continue, that's the fight.

Lombard broke the rules, that's the bottom line.

Braktooth
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby Braktooth » Mar 8. 2018, 16:36

Silly double.

Chimp
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Chimp » Mar 9. 2018, 09:36

I can see the issue from both sides and what Chael says does make sense to a point. But strictly speaking the bell or horn signals the end of the round, so Dollaway was hit twice after the round has officially ended. The consequences of which are he would have been at a significant disadvantage if they started round 2 as normal.

Worth noting too that herb, BJ and many other refs actually split the fighters at the bell using their arm, which in this case would have likely avoided the situation by disrupting the punches - especially important if you can see the fighters are still exchanging within the last 10 seconds.

However, Dollaway needs to go to his Doctor for a prescription of ‘some balls’ - he was acting that up significantly knowing it was a foul, but the real piss take is to let yourself be half carried out and then put on a stretcher nearly 5 minutes later?! What a bullshitter, he took it too far and I for one have zero respect for him now.

Kragge
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Kragge » Mar 11. 2018, 14:13

It's ironic that Chael talk so much about how the fighters are supposed to fight until the ref pulls them apart. Recently he stated that he let go of his arm-in gulloutine due to Titos supposed "Tap"-screams.

chossy
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby chossy » Mar 11. 2018, 16:21

A couple hits after the bell, just a touch = warning, if them succas connect real good... DQ. has to be instant DQ. CB made the most out of that cause there is no way that chump would win any other way against Hector. However, Hector fucked up badly he deserves the loss. CB is still a total momo though, I hate that guy. Props. for fighting Hector, but you still a ball bag. Shame I didn't get to see Hector swarm him and finish it in the second :)

D I A B L O
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby D I A B L O » Mar 12. 2018, 05:19

Lombard started that combination prior to the bell. He couldn't have stopped any earlier. Poor decision IMO

szegedguy
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby szegedguy » Mar 14. 2018, 10:21

hippielove wrote:The REF didn't stop the fight, he just held UP his hand!
He should have STOPPED the fighters, JUMPED in-between them!
Sure, it was maybe a second late after the bell while Lombard was swinging, but thats on the REF! 
Maybe a warning or point... Surly not deserving of a DQ!
Sissy boy CB really taking advantage of the acting here...  !nosedrill

Totally agreed. It was a foul, but it happened right after the bell, no intention. If you're swinging like that, you cannot stop in a second. And yes, it's the refs job to jump in, but it was also too fast for him.  A warning, or a point taken away would have been enough. Feel bad for Lombard, CB had time to recover, but he choose to take the easy way out. Just my opinion.

FLATLANDR
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby FLATLANDR » Mar 14. 2018, 16:57

I've never been a fan of Hector or Dollaway. Something about both of them that makes me almost always prefer their opponents. And even though I hate CBs 10/10 resting bitchface, I have to agree with the call. That left at the end of the post-bell combo was a monster shot under the rear jaw. I think he probably recovered within 30 seconds, or so, but was clearly rocked and knew he'd get swarmed. Consider it a gift from the Island of Cuba. Lombard, though? I don't think he's won a fight since the Renaissance. 3/11 in the UFC??
The **** don't know the smoke. That's what it is.

Return to “MMA VIDEOS”