Fights by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS | MMAUP

Andrei Arlovski vs. Stefan Struve

MMA + Boxing + Kickboxing is merged. MMA Fight Videos, Free UFC Videos, Interviews, Highlights, Weigh-Ins, Previews, ... EMBED or link to source site! Do not start Spoiler-TOPICS!
support
info@mmashare.com
info@mmashare.com

Andrei Arlovski vs. Stefan Struve

Postby support » Mar 4. 2018, 02:52

Andrei Arlovski vs. Stefan Struve full fight video replay - UFC 222

VIDEO

You might need to turn off AdBlock

yodelling
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Re: Andrei Arlovski vs. Stefan Struve

Postby yodelling » Mar 4. 2018, 09:30

Nice fight!
FOTY - let's get it going!

paupre
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby paupre » Mar 4. 2018, 12:27

I have no idea why Struve fights the way he does, I get that his opponents will want to close the distance and keep it mid range to nullify the reach but Struve just seems to allow it. I have rarely seen him turn a kick over and his punching is pretty non existent. He has always seemed to have so much potential I would think he would do awesome with a style like Machida or Thompson but he is just so straight ahead that everyone can just close with him to nullify any thing he has. He also should be awesome with ground control and submission with those long limbs but he doesn't' really seem to have a ground game.
Win for AA but no idea if it did anything for his advancement in the ranks, would be a great story if he was able to win the belt but not sure if it is very likely. Has really struggled against the top guys when he has had his shot at them. I like that he is still there training and evolving his game but at what point are you just taking punishment with minimal returns from it?

david97471
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby david97471 » Mar 5. 2018, 01:07

more kicks from both would have helped them

Kragge
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Kragge » Mar 5. 2018, 06:36

paupre wrote:I have no idea why Struve fights the way he does, I get that his opponents will want to close the distance and keep it mid range to nullify the reach but Struve just seems to allow it.  I have rarely seen him turn a kick over and his punching is pretty non existent.  He has always seemed to have so much potential I would think he would do awesome with a style like Machida or Thompson but he is just so straight ahead that everyone can just close with him to nullify any thing he has.  He also should be awesome with ground control and submission with those long limbs but he doesn't' really seem to have a ground game.
Win for AA but no idea if it did anything for his advancement in the ranks, would be a great story if he was able to win the belt but not sure if it is very likely.  Has really struggled against the top guys when he has had his shot at them.  I like that he is still there training and evolving his game but at what point are you just taking punishment with minimal returns from it?

I think he is unaware of his own reach advantage. After watching him do the same thing over and over it seems like the most likely explanation.

Chimp
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Chimp » Mar 6. 2018, 18:09

How is Struve ranked 10?!  :lol: what a joke...

I used to like Struve, his fights were exciting, he had a killer instinct and utilised a good ground game.  Now he just shows up for the pay cheque.  It was 3 minutes into round 1 before he even threw a fecking punch, a single punch at that.  His attributes are wasted these days, he should just retire and save us all the frustration in having to watch him fight.

Oh yeh AA won.... by default I guess  :roll:

Quixotic_Hero
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby Quixotic_Hero » Mar 7. 2018, 18:39

After all this time Struve still hasn't discovered his jab, or head movement, or that he has a HUGE FRIGGIN' REACH!
The dude just frustrates me to no end.  Don't know whether it's bad coaching, some mental block, or some physical limitation we don't know about, but I just can't help feel that his potential has been squandered.  

Return to “MMA VIDEOS”