Fights by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS | MMAUP

Sean O'Malley vs Andre Soukhamthath

Serious MMA Forum. MMA + Boxing + Kickboxing is merged. MMA Full Fight Videos, Free UFC Videos, Interviews, UFC Highlights, Weigh-Ins, Previews, ... EMBED or link to the source site! Do not start Spoiler-TOPICS!
Waftist
ONE TIME CRI CHAMPION
ONE TIME CRI CHAMPION

Re: Sean O'Malley vs Andre Soukhamthath

Postby Waftist » Mar 6. 2018, 21:23

He is pretty good.
JDS - Lawler - Machida - Hunt - Aldo - Romero - Barnett - Shogun - Cruz - Masvidal - Mousasi
Gomi - Gustafsson - MacDonald -Tanaka - Ishihara - Jedrzejczyk - Shevchenko - Calderwood - Zingano

Robeisy Ramirez - Hakuho - Nieky Holzken - Canelo Alvarez

Braktooth
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby Braktooth » Mar 8. 2018, 16:32

Andre was rocked a couple of times pretty badly. I wonder if he even recognized just how badly Sean was hurt. My guess is he didn't, because you would absolutely try to get him on his feet. If he can't stand, the ref has to stop it, right?

Chimp
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Chimp » Mar 9. 2018, 09:06

^Brak the bell saved Andre at the end of round 1 and he was standing....?

Anyway great fight, he has potential indeed, looked super sharp!

paupre
WELTERW. CHAMP
WELTERW. CHAMP

Postby paupre » Mar 9. 2018, 10:12

Braktooth wrote:Andre was rocked a couple of times pretty badly. I wonder if he even recognized just how badly Sean was hurt. My guess is he didn't, because you would absolutely try to get him on his feet. If he can't stand, the ref has to stop it, right?

Soukhamthath has come out and said he was pretty much running on instinct at the end of the fight.  Although he cant' give a definitive answer he said he thinks that by having the dominate position on top he felt it nullified O'Malley's game enough for him to get a win.  Of course this discounts the fact that he was down 2 rounds so without a finish no way he would get a decision.
I wouldn't say the ref has to stop it, there was in fact a conversation where O'Malley states his foot is injured you can hear the Ref asks if he can still fight O'Malley elects to continue.  If it was stood up I think it would of been likely a doctor would of been called in to evaluate.  But if I recall the rules correctly if after a certain amount of the fight occurs and is stopped due to medical reasons it goes to the score cards.  O'Malley would of still won in that case.  If Soukhamthath had let him back up his best bet would of been to blitz him to try and take advantage of his immobility not to back of and hope for outside intervention.

Return to “MMA VIDEOS”