Fights by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS | MMAUP

JOSH EMMETT vs JEREMY STEPHENS

Serious MMA Forum. MMA + Boxing + Kickboxing is merged. MMA Full Fight Videos, Free UFC Videos, Interviews, UFC Highlights, Weigh-Ins, Previews, ... EMBED or link to the source site! Do not start Spoiler-TOPICS!
ikor
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Re: JOSH EMMETT vs JEREMY STEPHENS

Postby ikor » Feb 26. 2018, 06:01

Not so sure about landing, pretty sure about not having a major impact. It seem that Stephens missunderstood the rules - if one hand is down is ok to land a knee to the opponents head, but not when opponent have still one knee is on the ground.

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Robert223 » Feb 26. 2018, 07:47

ikor wrote:...if one hand is down is ok to land a knee to the opponents head, but not when opponent have still one knee is on the ground.

Exactly that. Imo he didn't misunderstand, he just used it as an excuse. 
Best scenario would be decision overturned and rematch, with some bad blood.  :fb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFQ0V8TcyvY&list=PLCEE01064AF877F81

yodelling
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby yodelling » Feb 26. 2018, 11:47

Robert223 wrote:
ikor wrote:...if one hand is down is ok to land a knee to the opponents head, but not when opponent have still one knee is on the ground.

Exactly that. Imo he didn't misunderstand, he just used it as an excuse. 
Best scenario would be decision overturned and rematch, with some bad blood.  :fb

SAC's took so long to adopt the new rules that no one knows what or how they work anymore... Everyone knows the "stand and put your pinky down" bullshit doesn't work, but defining "three contact points" is now seriously more complex. I assume there will be a half year of near-misses and near-DQ's going on until fighters and refs adapt.

If I were in there right now I'd also kick and knee people's heads in doubt, if I'm "possibly" allowed, against dangerous opponents like Emmett, you bet your ass it wouldn't stop me near as much as "definitely" forbidden... Refs will have a handful with this...
FOTY - let's get it going!

yodelling
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby yodelling » Feb 26. 2018, 11:49

Besides that, this was my second favorite fight so far in 2018...

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Robert223 » Feb 26. 2018, 12:01

Kneeling vs standing, pretty simple.

yodelling
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby yodelling » Feb 27. 2018, 03:06

Robert223 wrote:Kneeling vs standing, pretty simple.

Not really, everyone and their mothers tries to catch guys in the act of standing up (which was the case here). There's a fraction of a second there when one hand is down (and not defending anything), and a knee may or may not still be touching the ground (perfect scenario for a strike). The question is whether the standing fighter will have given the standing-up fighter enough time to prevent the illegal blow :D

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Robert223 » Feb 27. 2018, 03:45

Watch the video, it was clear that he was still on his knees, Stephens didn’t wait at all for him to get up.

Chimp
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Chimp » Feb 28. 2018, 17:56

IMO the knee was illegal, it clearly hits the side of his head, I don’t think it changed the outcome of the fight - the next 3 strikes did that (those elbows.... damn!) But it is what it is. They need one set of rules and stop fecking about with different rules geographically

ELApache
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby ELApache » Mar 1. 2018, 10:47

haha Stomped his azz.... As for the illegal hits, there were NONE.... As long as the Ref lets it go, then fk it.... And FK all you sensitive azz mfers crying about your low I.Q opinion....

hippielove
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby hippielove » Mar 1. 2018, 11:26

ELApache wrote:haha Stomped his azz.... As for the illegal hits, there were NONE.... As long as the Ref lets it go, then fk it.... And FK all you sensitive azz mfers crying about your low I.Q opinion....

Wow! :shock:  
Somebody's not a happy little camper are they...  1qa
Its ok, hopefully mommy will give your cell phone back today...  :like
:*8
★ Peace, Love and Happiness stuff ★

araven
WELTERW. CHAMP
WELTERW. CHAMP

Postby araven » Mar 1. 2018, 17:29

Illegal knee to downed opponent and two illegal elbows to the back of the head, typical Stephens. It is a shame because he is a talented fighter with great hands. It should be a DQ loss for Stephens, but I doubt the athletic commission or the UFC will bother.

The new rules that were in place in Florida:
A grounded fighter is defined as: Any part of the body, other than a single hand and soles of the feet touching the fighting area floor. To be grounded, both hands palm/fist down, and/or any other body part must be touching the fighting area floor. A single knee, arm, makes the fighter grounded without having to have any other body part in touch with the fighting area floor. At this time, kicks or knees to the head will not be allowed.

IMO it feels like the sport is declining, the rankings and matchups feel like a circus and the referees seem to lack training or the assistance they require. The UFC has been around since 1993? and the refereeing just doesnt seem to get better.
Mea culpa.

Chimp
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Chimp » Mar 2. 2018, 14:35

ELApache wrote:haha Stomped his azz.... As for the illegal hits, there were NONE.... As long as the Ref lets it go, then fk it.... And FK all you sensitive azz mfers crying about your low I.Q opinion....

:lol:  Low IQ.. coming from someone spelling like ‘dis’  :like   Irony, you ‘haz’ it.

Return to “MMA VIDEOS”