Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

Alexa Grasso vs. Randa Markos

MMA + Boxing + Kickboxing is merged. MMA Fight Videos, Free UFC Videos, Interviews, Highlights, Weigh-Ins, Previews, ... EMBED or link to source site! Do not start Spoiler-TOPICS!
Einstein-Universe
MIDDLEW. CHAMP
MIDDLEW. CHAMP

Re: Alexa Grasso vs. Randa Markos

Postby Einstein-Universe » Aug 13. 2017, 00:47

Who the hell want to see pussy fight, boring

You might need to turn off AdBlock

trav0614
WELTERW. CHAMP
WELTERW. CHAMP

Postby trav0614 » Aug 13. 2017, 00:55

Yeah, pretty close fight, but I had Markos coming out on top. Home-town decision, what are you gonna do? If you are the visiting fighter, you'd better make sure you finish the fight.

mgc
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby mgc » Aug 17. 2017, 12:50

judging criteria is to judge striking first, then if equal, grappling, then aggression, then octagon control. grasso won because she landed more in rounds 1 and 3 : http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/d5598322f81db6c9
people really should listen to john mccarthy's podcasts, there are archives of his old ones and on one he went over why most mma fans would suck as judges. there was even an article on mafighting covering this, and an older bellator where they invited the commentators to judge after actually learning how the judges have to score a fight. end result: they admitted they had it all wrong. mccarthy helped write the rules, and he teaches judges in order for them to get certified.
if you watch a fight knowing the actual criteria for judging, it becomes less surprising when they read the card, yet still sometimes it's apparent that the wrong person had their hands raised. i believe grasso won, according to judging criteria, not a hometown decision.

grasso : markos
strikes
r1:  35 of 74 : 18 of 53
r2: 8 of 20 : 12 of 21
r3: 21 of 63 : 15 of 39

see why they ruled it for grasso?

trav0614
WELTERW. CHAMP
WELTERW. CHAMP

Postby trav0614 » Aug 17. 2017, 21:32

Sure, it's easy to look at the FightMetric stats afterwards and justify a judge's decision. However, the judges don't see these numbers during the fight. They've got to go by what they perceive with just their eyes. Their ears play a role to as it's possible to put more value on strikes and positions landed by a fighter that the crowd is responding positively to.

Don't get me wrong. Just because I think that Markos won, doesn't mean that I'm crestfallen that Grasso got the decision. It was a close fight. That's how it goes sometimes. I have no problem with that.

Return to “MMA VIDEOS”