Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

DANIEL CORMIER vs JON JONES 2

MMA + Boxing + Kickboxing is merged. MMA Fight Videos, Free UFC Videos, Interviews, Highlights, Weigh-Ins, Previews, ... EMBED or link to source site! Do not start Spoiler-TOPICS!
support
info@mmashare.com
info@mmashare.com

DANIEL CORMIER vs JON JONES 2

Postby support » Jul 24. 2017, 02:34

Watch Daniel Cormier vs. Jon Jones 2 fight video UFC 214 Live Stream Full Replay - Light Heavyweight

VIDEO | BACKUP

minty11
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Re: DANIEL CORMIER vs JON JONES 2

Postby minty11 » Jul 24. 2017, 19:00

Really want to see Cormier take this and keep the belt, just for the principle of the thing. If Jones is still the beast he was though, I don't see that happening.

kab
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby kab » Jul 24. 2017, 21:04

Hate to vote for Jon Jones. I want to see Comier win too. I feel the way you do Minty. I just see Cormier falling short just a bit. He better watch those round house kicks to the sides. In the first fight Jon nailed him on his right side i think right away in first round and Comier admitted that did some heavy damage to him. I guess there always hope though. We shall see.

Gogh
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Gogh » Jul 24. 2017, 23:00

amazing fight and incredible card. on paper this is my fight of the year

will be cheering for dc
in mma's dark age of roids, gsp was the best conditioned of them all. things that make you go hhhhmmmmmm

mma is a dog n pony show disguised as a legitimately run sport

xSamWaynex
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby xSamWaynex » Jul 25. 2017, 05:29

Cormier has a very likely chance of beating Jones. Cormier has great wrestling, and we know he can take a heavy shot and still keep coming (even though JBJ isn't exactly known as a power puncher). He has fairly decent cardio for a person as stocky as he is as well. He has power in his striking, and his striking overall is a bit underrated by some in my opinion. IF DC can get inside and employ the clinch more this time around, and avoid letting Jon use his longer arms as leverage to take Cormier down I can seriously see DC taking this one.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that DC will win this one via TKO in the late 2nd to early 3rd round. Jones is coming off of a layoff, and his last fight against OSP made him look like recycled shit. Also, because of the new rules in place, Jones also will have to work extra hard at using his number one weapon the "accidental", wink wink nudge nudge, eye poke. Jones looks stellar in the striking department once he has his opponent half blind and unable to see the attack coming. Without the eye poke though we have seen what he is really like. In the first fight against DC, his striking was lack luster at best, and he didn't throw nearly as many flashy moves as he normally does in his fights. In the OSP fight the same can be said. I know some others will disagree with me on that assessment, but I still feel as though it is the truth, and the fights do tend to back up my assessment.

I also feel like Jones is going to look more lackluster in this fight because he won't be able to have his magic juice. This is another bone of contention some people seem to have with me when conversing on this subject. I believe that Jones has been doping for a while now, and was finally caught much like Anderson Silva was. Jones' defense on how the estrogen blockers got in his system is suspect at best. We know that Jon isn't above cheating while in the octagon, and we also know what kind of person he is outside the octagon as well. Taking those things into account, on top of the suspect defense and him having another wonky piss test from another UFC event, it's not that much of a stretch to make the claim that Jon has been on PED's for quite a while.
"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

Axel40
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby Axel40 » Jul 25. 2017, 06:36

As much as it pains me, I have to pick Jones. I'd love for DC to take his head off but Jones is just one step ahead (it seems) all the time!!
I'm hoping I'm so wrong on this one. Go Daniel!!  :shock:

MajorBA
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby MajorBA » Jul 25. 2017, 10:07

Considering the crackdown on open hand probing, the oblique kick being a tool that everybody is onto and training to defend against these days, all the time out, and Jones now has USADA to contend with, I think DC will win this surprisingly easy.

Not meaning to appear too mystical, but this is a tragic character that I think fate has dealt a deserving hand. A losing hand. The universe has aligned against him, and he is destined to keep being a loser. The Jones that shows up for this will appear as just a shell of his former self, and will likely fold after getting his ass handed to him.
"Posts not seen can never be recalled."-MajorBA

Gogh
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Gogh » Jul 25. 2017, 14:07

MajorBA wrote:Considering  the crackdown on open hand probing, the oblique kick being a tool that everybody is onto and training to defend against these days, all the time out, and Jones now has USADA to contend with, I think DC will win this surprisingly easy.  

Not meaning to appear too mystical, but this is a tragic character that I think fate has dealt a deserving hand.  A losing hand.  The universe has aligned against him, and he is destined to keep being a loser.  The Jones that shows up for this will appear as just a shell of his former self, and will likely fold after getting his ass handed to him.

jones certainly has more pressure on him to win this one. he actually believes winning rights his wrongs. if he loses then his ego pops and the steroid rumors grow

dc winning would be great for the sport. the immediate rematch would be insane
in mma's dark age of roids, gsp was the best conditioned of them all. things that make you go hhhhmmmmmm

mma is a dog n pony show disguised as a legitimately run sport

Chimp
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Chimp » Jul 25. 2017, 16:33

Yeh I'm with a number of people above, Jones is going to be rusty and lacklustre. Whether that is from PEDs or some other shit we don't know, but we've seen that fall from grace in many many fighters over the years. We also know he's likely been taking a lot of recreational shit too, so does he really have the right mentality going into this fight? Or does he just want to make some money while he's still relevant?

DC is going to take this and I hope he does it in style without having his eyeballs poked out!

skskgamage
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby skskgamage » Jul 26. 2017, 07:34

If Jones keep his distance and continue attacking DC with kicks and punches as he did in the first match...
I think DC will still fall behind..
DC is a great fighter..Still Jones is one step ahead ..and its a Must Win for Jones...

minty11
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby minty11 » Jul 26. 2017, 08:38

Thing is, I think Jones is still in his prime as a fighter, he's young and he still has all the natural abilities to retain the belt. I don't expect anything but a 100% Jones to step in the cage with DC. And honestly, DC probably has more pressure on him than Jones for this fight. The only reason DC has the belt is because Jones screwed up his personal life and had the belt stripped from him. IMO, this will be a much harder fight for DC to win than for Jones. That being said, I hope DC powers through with the heart of a champion, and somehow outlasts, out-strikes, and out-wrestles Jones for the win.

And if no one's taken a dump in your cheerios this morning, let's not forget that a lot can happen in 3 days (boo boo's, failed drug tests, stubbed toes, manslaughter)... fingers crossed this fight will actually happen this time!

Lukeo
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby Lukeo » Jul 26. 2017, 09:51

Jones is ruthless AF. he'll be turning up clean to punish, humiliate & expose DC.
Terms and conditions may apply.

xxxRipperxxx
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby xxxRipperxxx » Jul 26. 2017, 10:41

Axel40 wrote:As much as it pains me, I have to pick Jones. I'd love for DC to take his head off but Jones is just one step ahead (it seems) all the time!!
I'm hoping I'm so wrong on this one. Go Daniel!!  :shock:

The only steps Jones gets ahead is by using steroid enhancers to fight, notice his last fight that he looks so slow because, like Rousey, he doesn't know how to act without his enhancements. 
Jones is already looking ahead to make $$$ calling out Brock Lesnar on social media.  Smart fighter to go for money now because he is more than capable of drawing the crowds & capable of getting it.

MajorBA
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby MajorBA » Jul 26. 2017, 11:23

xxxRipperxxx wrote:Jones is already looking ahead to make $$$ calling out Brock Lesnar on social media.  

Nah, he's just being a douche.  Not smart for many reasons.  Here's a real good one:
https://www.google.com/amp/mmajunkie.co ... vitzky/amp
"Posts not seen can never be recalled."-MajorBA

Return to “MMA VIDEOS”