Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

KELVIN GASTELUM vs CHRIS WEIDMAN

MMA + Boxing + Kickboxing is merged. MMA Fight Videos, Free UFC Videos, Interviews, Highlights, Weigh-Ins, Previews, ... EMBED or link to source site! Do not start Spoiler-TOPICS!
MajorBA
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Re: KELVIN GASTELUM vs CHRIS WEIDMAN

Postby MajorBA » Jul 23. 2017, 18:45

EmptyHand wrote:Smart fight by Weidman. he went back to his roots. Wrestling is exactly how to defeat Gastelum. Well played. But, does anyone else think Weidman looks juiced? Maybe it was his training, but he looks way different coming into this fight.

I noticed he looked a bit volumized.  Nothing that a few grams a day of creatine couldn't have done.

"Posts not seen can never be recalled."-MajorBA

Lukeo
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby Lukeo » Jul 24. 2017, 00:14

He looked like shit at the weigh ins..
Terms and conditions may apply.

PFunk
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby PFunk » Jul 24. 2017, 03:37

Gastelum looked really small next to Weidman. His desire to return to WW makes a lot of sense.
Trying to get past the hype machine.

OrangeMosquito
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby OrangeMosquito » Jul 24. 2017, 05:16

Weidman is a great fighter he should could very well hold the title again. I'd like to see him against Moussasi again. He could definitely win he just has to stick to the game plan and fight smart. The loss seemed to me to be a lot of confusion and the fact that Chris was touching the mat for hell of a knee to his skull. Not a real loss to me. Anyone with half a brain would put there hands on the mat if it made the difference between eating a knee and regrowing your offense it's smart. Like too see that fight again.Image
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
Jimi Hendrix

Dis E_pline
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby Dis E_pline » Jul 24. 2017, 06:03

Pure douche post fight speech though the guys just beat a WW after getting his shit pushed in three times in a row, stfu and move along boy you re in no position to say anything you were on the verge of going to bellator

NEDOCHAN
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby NEDOCHAN » Jul 24. 2017, 07:11

MajorBA wrote:Good and relatively easy win for Weidman.  Not really a great fight.  It was Weidman 101 with Gastelum just trying to survive.  One good punch from Gastelum doesn't constitute this as anything fantastic.  No great feat here.  Weidman playing the crowd for glory afterwards seemed awkward to me considering what a mismatch most knew it would be.

I think the bookies are the only real barometer for who is expected to win. Gastelum was the favourite.
You told everybody I don't have chance, you don't told them I don't have nothing but a prayer. Well Chump all I need is a prayer, because if that prayer reaches the right man, not only will George Foreman fall, but mountains will fall.

MajorBA
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby MajorBA » Jul 24. 2017, 08:46

NEDOCHAN wrote:
MajorBA wrote:Good and relatively easy win for Weidman.  Not really a great fight.  It was Weidman 101 with Gastelum just trying to survive.  One good punch from Gastelum doesn't constitute this as anything fantastic.  No great feat here.  Weidman playing the crowd for glory afterwards seemed awkward to me considering what a mismatch most knew it would be.

I think the bookies are the only real barometer for who is expected to win. Gastelum was the favourite.

Allow me to rephrase:...considering what a mismatch most people I discussed it with knew it would be.
Better?  
"Posts not seen can never be recalled."-MajorBA

Kayt Manninagh
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby Kayt Manninagh » Jul 24. 2017, 13:00

Dis E_pline wrote:Pure douche post fight speech  though the guys just beat a WW after getting his shit pushed in three times in a row, stfu and move along boy you re in no position to say anything you were on the verge of going to bellator

:)

A Nameless Ghoul
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby A Nameless Ghoul » Jul 25. 2017, 17:40

Weidman, what a knobhead.
Hate positively!

abysis212
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby abysis212 » Jul 27. 2017, 23:38

I like both fighters but it's nice to see Weidman is staying relevant with the win.  Not a ton of action but the fight still had an intensity and sense of gravity to it which I liked.  

Braktooth
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby Braktooth » Aug 6. 2017, 23:17

Good, controlled fight from Chris. Exactly what he should have done.

Gastelum should run more.

Braktooth
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby Braktooth » Aug 6. 2017, 23:17

Good, controlled fight from Chris. Exactly what he should have done.

Gastelum should run more.

Return to “MMA VIDEOS”