Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

LUKE ROCKHOLD vs YOEL ROMERO

MMA + Boxing + Kickboxing is merged. MMA Fight Videos, Free UFC Videos, Interviews, Highlights, Weigh-Ins, Previews, ... EMBED or link to source site! Do not start Spoiler-TOPICS!
Synergy
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Re: LUKE ROCKHOLD vs YOEL ROMERO

Postby Synergy » Feb 12. 2018, 01:52

There is a reason why to blame his coach. Rockhold's game plan was leg kicks and that is it?

I don't even think the game plan was bad. It was the same gameplan Whitaker used, which was basically keep kicking Romero so he couldn't get comfortable and attack from different angles.
Rockhold got 2 kicks checked after which he didn't throw many kicks and more importantly instead of moving and changing angles like his coaches wanted, he just stood in punching range and stood and traded, which is suicide against Romero.

Fun fight and its always fun to see the cocky Rockhold get KTFO.

yodelling
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby yodelling » Feb 12. 2018, 06:58

ikor wrote:
yodelling wrote:Great fight, I don't know why some would be so interested in whose "fault" it was for the outcome...

First thing worth mentioning is that Bisping messed up the title picture royally with his Henderson/GSP fights. Yoel should've gotten the shot ages ago against Bisping, and we wouldn't be caught in the mess we're at right now. So the win is more than deserved, and it's a huge pity he missed weight and didn't get a strap.

As for the fight, Rockhold came out with the plan to take Romero's legs out, which was actually a super smart strategy and actually worked for the first round, but he may have hit his shin on Romero's knee during the first, and when he comes back for the second you can see blood running down his leg, instead of the 8 or so leg-kicks he throws none.

He gets tentative after seeing his gameplan fly out the window, tries to compensate for the missing low-kick with a good jab, but Yoel starts exploding repeatedly once Rockhold's low-kicks aren't a factor anymore. From then on, it's all Romero, he gets inside and unleashes several flurries and Rockhold just has no answer to the closer-range game of Romero.

There is a reason why to blame his coach. Rockhold's game plan was leg kicks and that is it? You don't have only one thing in your bag if you are fighting for the belt, even if it's interim.
Romero was actually catching everything Rockhold thrown with his hand with ease (except jabs and low kicks partially, of course). Impressive. Especially after Rockhold changed camps and worked more with stand up coach...
Not really to blame anybody at the end of the day, I just know, my guts said no, no, and my brain said, yes, he is working more on stand up game, that will do the job, blablabla.

true that, that did leave me wondering... he even looks lost from the beginning of round 2 to the end, no backup strategy at all, nothing to resort to...
FOTY - let's get it going!

NEDOCHAN
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby NEDOCHAN » Feb 12. 2018, 11:26

Luke being humbled is one of my favourite things to watch. Yoel was trolling him afterwards. Rockhold just refuses to eat humble pie, so he's being force fed it.
Sunglasses off- hands up.
You told everybody I don't have chance, you don't told them I don't have nothing but a prayer. Well Chump all I need is a prayer, because if that prayer reaches the right man, not only will George Foreman fall, but mountains will fall.

NEDOCHAN
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby NEDOCHAN » Feb 12. 2018, 11:26

Luke being humbled is one of my favourite things to watch. Yoel was trolling him afterwards. Rockhold just refuses to eat humble pie, so he's being force fed it.
Sunglasses off- hands up.
You told everybody I don't have chance, you don't told them I don't have nothing but a prayer. Well Chump all I need is a prayer, because if that prayer reaches the right man, not only will George Foreman fall, but mountains will fall.

DarbyCrash81
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby DarbyCrash81 » Feb 12. 2018, 17:02

Daxav wrote:Rockhold's corner warned him : Don't stay in front of Romero.

Yep. Come in at angles. Biggest problem I thought was Luke didn't put enough pressure, make him work every second of every minute and wear him down. Then again only Whitaker has been able to do this.
No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity
But I know none and therefore am no beast

mod1978
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby mod1978 » Feb 13. 2018, 08:06

DarbyCrash81 wrote:
Daxav wrote:Rockhold's corner warned him : Don't stay in front of Romero.

Yep. Come in at angles. Biggest problem I thought was Luke didn't put enough pressure, make him work every second of every minute and wear him down. Then again only Whitaker has been able to do this.

right! The only chance is moving. Standing infront of a fighter who is explosive like Yoel is a huge mistake. and especially when he used to have cardio issues. make him work, make him move etc. this will make him more tired and minimize the risk of getting caught. and with luke's reach advantage i would never fought him in a middle or close range. at the end we dont know his gameplan but what he did in the ring was in favour of Yoel.

Return to “MMA VIDEOS”