Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

Congressman Markwayne Mullin exposes UFC's fake rankings and title fights

MMA + Boxing + Kickboxing is merged. MMA Fight Videos, Free UFC Videos, Interviews, Highlights, Weigh-Ins, Previews, ... EMBED or link to source site! Do not start Spoiler-TOPICS!
User avatar
therealweagle
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2
Posts: 6871
Joined: Oct 21. 2007, 01:23

Re: Congressman Markwayne Mullin exposes UFC's fake rankings and title fights

Postby therealweagle » Dec 6. 2017, 18:20

xSamWaynex wrote:
snake eyes wrote:
IF the number 16 seed team facing off against the number 1 seed team can be considered "merit" based, then you would ALSO have to consider the number 15 guy in his division in MMA fighting the number 1 guy in his division as also "merit" based. Either both are "merit" based or neither are. It really is that simple. THAT was my argument.


#1 facing #15 is merit based as part of the system (regular season and playoffs). It would be in mma as well if the sytem was similar. But you can't apply the #1 fighting #15 to a very much different system and expect it to be the same thing.

Altough this is not what you are arguing, in theory you could take the current UFC rankings (which are based on media votes btw and are far from basketball seeds) and put up "top against bottom playoffs" in mma to find out which two fighters fight for the title. Then #1 fighting #15 would be merit based in mma as well. It would be stupid system in mma for many reasons but still.

The act of making #1 face #15 in mma is not merit based just because it is in basketball as part of a different system.

You seem to not be seeing your hypocrisy. I know the two sports are different, but the argument I made STILL stands. Also I actually AM arguing exactly what you said I wasn't. How the rankings came about doesn't really matter. What matters are the NUMBERS involved. IF it is "merit based" for the number 1 seed team to face the number 16 seed team in the very first game, then it would also have to be "merit based" for something similar in MMA like the number 1 guy facing the number 15. You say one is merit based but the other is not, and sorry to say but like I said earlier that is hypocritical. AGAIN either both are considered "merit based" or neither are. It truly is that simple. There is absolutely nothing else I can say on this matter. If you can't get something that is this simple, after having it explained to you several times now then I give up. I'm moving on to something else now. Feel free to continue discussing this with others if you wish. This will be my last comment on this particular subject.

Nah man you still wrong  :fb
Its better to let ppl think you're a fool than post a butthurt reply and prove them right.
CRI 89, CRI 105 and TUF 14 Invitational Winner
"Why would I hold him down when I can stare him down." Hendo
Wiedman>Silva Sas

User avatar
snake eyes
H.O.F.
H.O.F.
Posts: 10689
Joined: Oct 13. 2009, 13:35
Location: North not cut

Re: Congressman Markwayne Mullin exposes UFC's fake rankings and title fights

Postby snake eyes » Dec 7. 2017, 07:18

xSamWaynex wrote:
snake eyes wrote:
IF the number 16 seed team facing off against the number 1 seed team can be considered "merit" based, then you would ALSO have to consider the number 15 guy in his division in MMA fighting the number 1 guy in his division as also "merit" based. Either both are "merit" based or neither are. It really is that simple. THAT was my argument.


#1 facing #15 is merit based as part of the system (regular season and playoffs). It would be in mma as well if the sytem was similar. But you can't apply the #1 fighting #15 to a very much different system and expect it to be the same thing.

Altough this is not what you are arguing, in theory you could take the current UFC rankings (which are based on media votes btw and are far from basketball seeds) and put up "top against bottom playoffs" in mma to find out which two fighters fight for the title. Then #1 fighting #15 would be merit based in mma as well. It would be stupid system in mma for many reasons but still.

The act of making #1 face #15 in mma is not merit based just because it is in basketball as part of a different system.

You seem to not be seeing your hypocrisy. I know the two sports are different, but the argument I made STILL stands. Also I actually AM arguing exactly what you said I wasn't. How the rankings came about doesn't really matter. What matters are the NUMBERS involved. IF it is "merit based" for the number 1 seed team to face the number 16 seed team in the very first game, then it would also have to be "merit based" for something similar in MMA like the number 1 guy facing the number 15. You say one is merit based but the other is not, and sorry to say but like I said earlier that is hypocritical. AGAIN either both are considered "merit based" or neither are. It truly is that simple. There is absolutely nothing else I can say on this matter. If you can't get something that is this simple, after having it explained to you several times now then I give up. I'm moving on to something else now. Feel free to continue discussing this with others if you wish. This will be my last comment on this particular subject.

So you were arguing that if the systems were similar (which they aren't), there was no defending champion in the mix (which there is) and there was a playoff tournament in the UFC (which there isn't), the situation would be comparable. Had you stated it like that, there would not have been several people calling you an idiot and trying to explain you this simplest thing. Keep on swimming, downs-Galileo.

User avatar
therealweagle
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2
Posts: 6871
Joined: Oct 21. 2007, 01:23

Re: Congressman Markwayne Mullin exposes UFC's fake rankings and title fights

Postby therealweagle » Dec 7. 2017, 13:31

snake eyes wrote:
xSamWaynex wrote:
snake eyes wrote:
#1 facing #15 is merit based as part of the system (regular season and playoffs). It would be in mma as well if the sytem was similar. But you can't apply the #1 fighting #15 to a very much different system and expect it to be the same thing.

Altough this is not what you are arguing, in theory you could take the current UFC rankings (which are based on media votes btw and are far from basketball seeds) and put up "top against bottom playoffs" in mma to find out which two fighters fight for the title. Then #1 fighting #15 would be merit based in mma as well. It would be stupid system in mma for many reasons but still.

The act of making #1 face #15 in mma is not merit based just because it is in basketball as part of a different system.

You seem to not be seeing your hypocrisy. I know the two sports are different, but the argument I made STILL stands. Also I actually AM arguing exactly what you said I wasn't. How the rankings came about doesn't really matter. What matters are the NUMBERS involved. IF it is "merit based" for the number 1 seed team to face the number 16 seed team in the very first game, then it would also have to be "merit based" for something similar in MMA like the number 1 guy facing the number 15. You say one is merit based but the other is not, and sorry to say but like I said earlier that is hypocritical. AGAIN either both are considered "merit based" or neither are. It truly is that simple. There is absolutely nothing else I can say on this matter. If you can't get something that is this simple, after having it explained to you several times now then I give up. I'm moving on to something else now. Feel free to continue discussing this with others if you wish. This will be my last comment on this particular subject.

So you were arguing that if the systems were similar (which they aren't), there was no defending champion in the mix (which there is) and there was a playoff tournament in the UFC (which there isn't), the situation would be comparable. Had you stated it like that, there would not have been several people calling you an idiot and trying to explain you this simplest thing. Keep on swimming, downs-Galileo.

And even then we all knew the meaning of merit and Sam didnt.
Its better to let ppl think you're a fool than post a butthurt reply and prove them right.
CRI 89, CRI 105 and TUF 14 Invitational Winner
"Why would I hold him down when I can stare him down." Hendo
Wiedman>Silva Sas


Return to “MMA VIDEOS”