Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

Which protein powder, and when to take?

Discuss MMA training, nutrition, competing and getting in shape. Share MMA Training and bodybuilding videos. Introduce yourself!
komando33386
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby komando33386 » Sep 2. 2009, 19:36

Well i recommend dumbbell bench press for pec, have weight so that you can only do 10, do 3-4 sets, if chest is still alright after that, do fly too. If you have incline and decline benches then you can incorporate them some time too. Crunches for abs imo, simple yet effective, look at the thread on strengthening back for an advanced crunch method. Can also do roll outs to tone and harden muscle, if you over do it with crunches you can develop muscle so much that it protrudes, i find roll out tighten that up as well as the crunch variant i mentioned in the other thread. Arms are easy, curls for biceps, change the number of reps time to time and possibly try drop sets, where you basically say curl 15kg 8 times then strait after same arm curl 10kg as many times as possible, takes muscles to complete fatigue, good for muscles that are used everyday and adaptive. For triceps i personally do skull crushers, usually do them same day i do chest, right after chest cause use triceps in a bench press. Shoulders, lots of ways to do them, just start with shoulder press and maybe fly's. For back i recommend chin ups and rows and dead lifts for lower back, shrugs for upper back but can do them with dead lifts. If you have any questions about the exercises or that ive mentioned just ask. These are along lines of my own body building training i do, there are tone of ways to meet you goals, own body weight or using weight machines can do it too.

You might need to turn off AdBlock

OneManArmy
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby OneManArmy » Oct 27. 2009, 19:02

Use Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Whey. The best I have ever used. Doesn't replace busting your rear to make gains, but does make it possible to get the right amount of protein while busting your rear to make gains.

CCFan
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby CCFan » Oct 30. 2009, 19:07

proteins powders
can help
but alot can have side effects
some people get rashs burning throats the runs...
and its hard to remember to take it
im pretty sure the big protein powder is the one sponsered in ufc
i think its xieyence or w.e not really sure
i dont use protein powders leaves a bad after taste and can get me sick..

cotsee
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby cotsee » Oct 30. 2009, 19:37

flaminbowz wrote:proteins powders
can help
but alot can have side effects
some people get rashs burning throats the runs...
and its hard to remember to take it
im pretty sure the big protein powder is the one sponsered in ufc
i think its xieyence or w.e not really sure
i dont use protein powders leaves a bad after taste and can get me sick..

Ya depends on person to person. some people react badly to certain stuff.
Reflex is really good, along with glutamine powder/Iron tablets for recovery.
I dont do creatine because im not in a competitive sport and ive heard mixed reports on side effects which im not certain on but everybody uses it really so make up your own mind there.

gary897
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Re: Which protein powder, and when to take?

Postby gary897 » Jun 8. 2017, 01:20

battery wrote:I am just starting to work out, but would like some extra muscle mass. I hear lots of people use Protein supplements online. Which brands do you recommend and when do i take it? ie. before working out or after working out. Thanks guys

Hi
In my suggestion Whey protein is the best option to increase muscular mass. I have been using whey protein powder from last 2 years it's really effective.

Return to “MMA Training & Bodybuilding”