Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

Guillotine Free Takedown w/ Jake Matthews

Discuss MMA training, nutrition, competing and getting in shape. Share MMA Training and bodybuilding videos. Introduce yourself!
Tits
H.O.F. CRI3
H.O.F. CRI3

Guillotine Free Takedown w/ Jake Matthews

Postby Tits » Sep 24. 2015, 04:13

phpBB [video]

You might need to turn off AdBlock

The Oct
CRI President since CRI 91
CRI President since CRI 91

Re: Guillotine Free Takedown w/ Jake Matthews

Postby The Oct » Sep 25. 2015, 14:30

Nice move. That little hip motion that moves the leg aside in order to get to side control seems like it might be a lot more difficult to master than shown.
"Behind these eyes, one finds, only darkness... These are the eyes, of a psychopath."
- Dr. Loomis

bochufani16
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby bochufani16 » Dec 14. 2015, 14:17

nice

mmrpink
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby mmrpink » Mar 4. 2016, 23:57

From my experience In brazilian jiu jitsu any time your opponents neck or head is near your mid section you can get your arm around the head or neck because it is completely exposed, even if your unable to get under the chin a head crank hurts like hell
There is no unique picture of reality. Stephen Hawking

1 Timothy 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Joe Dolan
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby Joe Dolan » May 28. 2016, 17:41

Thanks for the post! I wonder why we don't see this technique used in fights more...

Loki
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Loki » May 28. 2016, 19:58

Very very slick

angst
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby angst » Jul 17. 2016, 16:47

Joe Dolan wrote:Thanks for the post! I wonder why we don't see this technique used in fights more...

any double leg in the middle of the cage is extremely difficult to complete. maia uses something similar, but he does it more out of the clinch almost standing.

jojoclown777
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby jojoclown777 » Jul 17. 2016, 20:11

The guil is the only reason I don't go for double-legs. I've seen some people put their head in people's chests/stomachs to avoid it. Not super in love with this move.

DIEU
CRI2
CRI2

Postby DIEU » Jul 18. 2016, 06:08

jojoclown777 wrote:The guil is the only reason I don't go for double-legs. I've seen some people put their head in people's chests/stomachs to avoid it. Not super in love with this move.

+4,7
Je suis une larve

octopussy
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby octopussy » Jul 20. 2016, 05:13

angst wrote:
Joe Dolan wrote:Thanks for the post! I wonder why we don't see this technique used in fights more...

any double leg in the middle of the cage is extremely difficult to complete. maia uses something similar, but he does it more out of the clinch almost standing.

Your right About that, from The real FIGHT in The octogan is is very difficult te do a technique like this, but it is possible to do.
[b]RetZef[/b]

angst
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby angst » Jul 20. 2016, 12:35

octopussy wrote:
angst wrote:

Your right About that, from The real FIGHT in The octogan is is very difficult te do a technique like this, but it is possible to do.

you pretty much need stubby little legs for it tho, lol

i like my long legs for kicking and guard play, but double legs and low singles will never be my thing. i blame my parents

Waftist
ONE TIME CRI CHAMPION
ONE TIME CRI CHAMPION

Postby Waftist » Nov 8. 2016, 12:32

This is like my go-to takedown. My coaches love this one. Most of the time I use it from the clinch though and use my lead leg, and I post the foot once it's around and then pressure with my shoulder on the way down into half guard. Sometimes you can use your right hand on the thigh or knee to then block the opponent's left leg and shimmy into a low mount from there.

I got long legs so it's good for me.
JDS - Lawler - Machida - Hunt - Aldo - Romero - Barnett - Shogun - Cruz - Masvidal - Mousasi
Gomi - Gustafsson - MacDonald -Tanaka - Ishihara - Jedrzejczyk - Shevchenko - Calderwood - Zingano

Hakuho - Robeisy Ramirez - Nieky Holzken - Canelo Alvarez

Return to “MMA Training & Bodybuilding”