Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

Grappling Forum

Discuss MMA training, nutrition, competing and getting in shape. Share MMA Training and bodybuilding videos. Introduce yourself!
mmrpink
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Re: Grappling Forum

Postby mmrpink » May 1. 2016, 18:31

Lets have a look at some BJJ

phpBB [video]

You might need to turn off AdBlock

There is no unique picture of reality. Stephen Hawking

1 Timothy 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

poughboy101
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby poughboy101 » May 1. 2016, 21:25

phpBB [video]

Probably one of my favorite transitions. Never was able to pull it off in competition but was able to do it rolling. And I feel like this every time I do :c
Gracie Jiu Jitsu
Blue Belt 2/2/10
Purple Belt 8/12/13

poughboy101
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby poughboy101 » May 5. 2016, 13:41

mmrpink wrote:Lets have a look at some BJJ

phpBB [video]

Nice :like
Gracie Jiu Jitsu
Blue Belt 2/2/10
Purple Belt 8/12/13

Johnny_Morrissey
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Johnny_Morrissey » May 6. 2016, 17:39

The Moizinho v Mendes is insane. The rest of them aren't too shabby either. Thanks for posting.

:like
The earth makes a sound as of sighs and the last drops fall from the emptied cloudless sky. A small boy, stretching out his hands and looking up at the blue sky, asked his mother how such a thing was possible. f**k off, she said.
(Samuel Beckett)

mmrpink
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby mmrpink » May 6. 2016, 22:46

poughboy101 wrote:
phpBB [video]

Probably one of my favorite transitions. Never was able to pull it off in competition but was able to do it rolling. And I feel like this every time I do :c

Excellent vid had a guy do that same defense with the legs putting me back half guard the other day, ill try this the next time I roll with him, wont he be surprised
thanks for the post
:like2

1 Timothy 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

octopussy
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby octopussy » Jul 18. 2016, 11:03

We started a week ago with rickson gracie Jiu jitsu in my gym in The netherlands, it was very Nice to see How this work.
[b]RetZef[/b]

octopussy
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby octopussy » Jul 18. 2016, 11:24

[quote="poughboy101"][quote="mmrpink"]Lets have a look at some BJJ

The video is very good and Nice to watch men, especialy The last FIGHT in The clip :like
[b]RetZef[/b]

octopussy
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby octopussy » Jul 18. 2016, 11:25

[quote="poughboy101"][quote="mmrpink"]Lets have a look at some BJJ

The video is very good and Nice to watch men, especialy The last FIGHT in The clip :like
[b]RetZef[/b]

mmrpink
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby mmrpink » Aug 29. 2016, 02:40

octopussy wrote:We started a week ago with rickson gracie Jiu jitsu in my gym in The netherlands, it was very Nice to see How this work.

WOW dude you have Rickson training you, your one lucky dude, I have had one seminar with him cost me 100$, great class worth the money

phpBB [video]

It's a little long but you will understand the why he is a legend

Kragge
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Kragge » Sep 8. 2016, 05:53

I used to train grappling at a gym that was mainly oriented towards MMA a few years ago. All grappling was without Gi, but now I have joined a pure BJJ gym. I'd guess I hold a skill level around blue belt when it comes to no gi techniques, but I've never rolled with a Gi. Is there any general advice, anyone would give that would br useful when you make that transition?

Jason Bourne
WELTERW. CHAMP
WELTERW. CHAMP

Postby Jason Bourne » Sep 9. 2016, 06:09

very nice

Kazparov
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Kazparov » Sep 10. 2016, 20:14

Kragge wrote:I used to train grappling at a gym that was mainly oriented towards MMA a few years ago. All grappling was without Gi, but now I have joined a pure BJJ gym. I'd guess I hold a skill level around blue belt when it comes to no gi techniques, but I've never rolled with a Gi. Is there any general advice, anyone would give that would br useful when you make that transition?

The friction of the go will take some getting used to. Also you'll be surprised how much you can use the go for offense and defense.

Also collar chokes
"If I wanted to kill myself I'd climb to the top of your ignorance and jump down to your iq. When stupid goes up to 5 dollars a barrel I'd love to have the drilling rights to your head"
Thundertiger

xSamWaynex
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby xSamWaynex » Sep 10. 2016, 21:46

Kragge wrote:I used to train grappling at a gym that was mainly oriented towards MMA a few years ago. All grappling was without Gi, but now I have joined a pure BJJ gym. I'd guess I hold a skill level around blue belt when it comes to no gi techniques, but I've never rolled with a Gi. Is there any general advice, anyone would give that would br useful when you make that transition?

Two of my favorite chokes to go for when wearing a gi is the cross collar, and lapel chokes. Both of them can be achieved from any position with the right hip movement and thrust. But of course the best position for the cross collar is to be in full guard, or mount, with mount being the best obvious position of the two haha. The lapel choke is somewhat similar but it is best if you have side control, or half guard, but it is possible to do a reversal from the back if you are in a more compromising position depending on your flexibility. Like someone else said you'll be surprised at just how offensive you can be with the gi, and it is just as useful defensively.
"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

Kragge
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Kragge » Sep 12. 2016, 09:31

Thanks for the advice guys!

I noticed the difference in friction when I attempted an armbar/armbar sweep and I felt a little rusty and didn't get it as deep as it should be. I thought the other guy just would be able to pull his arm out of there, but he really got stuck and I just swept him when I rolled.

I'll try to pick up as many Gi-techniques as possible and avoid the easiest habitual traps, just keep going at my current set of non-gi skills.

Return to “MMA Training & Bodybuilding”