Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

Grappling Forum

Discuss MMA training, nutrition, competing and getting in shape. Share MMA Training and bodybuilding videos. Introduce yourself!
Crud
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Grappling Forum

Postby Crud » Aug 8. 2015, 12:21

I Think There Should Be a section for Grappling on here specifically. Does anyone else agree? I feel like it would get plenty of traffic and there are now organizations like metamoris now so there will continue to be plenty of new discussion material.
Anyone else?

You might need to turn off AdBlock

Hobonauts
MIDDLEW. CHAMP
MIDDLEW. CHAMP

Re: Grappling Forum

Postby Hobonauts » Aug 8. 2015, 12:27

Sure. I'd be interested.
Google me, Butch!

I'm a Rousey fan. You may like her or not, but she is an exciting fighter, making her opponents look amateur over and over.

** AV changed due to management suggestion. Sorry butt_cheeks! **

muga mushin
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby muga mushin » Aug 8. 2015, 12:42

Was already.

Kazparov
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Kazparov » Aug 8. 2015, 20:14

muga mushin wrote:Was already.

Pretty sure it got rolled into the mma training section.
"If I wanted to kill myself I'd climb to the top of your ignorance and jump down to your iq. When stupid goes up to 5 dollars a barrel I'd love to have the drilling rights to your head"
Thundertiger

A-Nut
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby A-Nut » Aug 9. 2015, 00:08

Man...this grappling forum really took off :D

xSamWaynex
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby xSamWaynex » Aug 9. 2015, 02:18

Crud wrote:I Think There Should Be a section for Grappling on here specifically. Does anyone else agree? I feel like it would get plenty of traffic and there are now organizations like metamoris now so there will continue to be plenty of new discussion material.
Anyone else?

I take it you do some form of grappling yourself? And if you do, what kind?
"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

MMAJuggalo
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby MMAJuggalo » Aug 9. 2015, 02:59

I compete in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and I endorse this idea. Metamoris, ADCC, IBJJFs, NAGA, Gracie Worlds, Eddie Bravo Invitationals, there is more for Jiu-Jitsu these days than ever before. Including multiple super fights from most(if not all) of the organizations listed above. There are good youtubers uploading content constantly and I know that I would contribute to this forum.
"If we fight for money I'll stop hitting you when you ask me to. If we fight for honor I'll stop hitting you when I feel like it." -Rickson Gracie

Foster The Clinch
MIDDLEW. CHAMP
MIDDLEW. CHAMP

Postby Foster The Clinch » Aug 9. 2015, 12:00

Do fish live in water?! Hails yeah I would love a grappling ddiscussiom section.
"The art of war is like everything else that is beautiful.
The simplest moves are the best."
Napoleon Bonapart

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees."
Henry David Thoreau

Crud
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Crud » Aug 20. 2015, 00:00

xSamWaynex wrote:
Crud wrote:I Think There Should Be a section for Grappling on here specifically. Does anyone else agree? I feel like it would get plenty of traffic and there are now organizations like metamoris now so there will continue to be plenty of new discussion material.
Anyone else?

I take it you do some form of grappling yourself? And if you do, what kind?

Just some high school wrestling. But I really like what is going on in BJJ right now with Metamoris and EBI.

xSamWaynex
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby xSamWaynex » Aug 20. 2015, 00:11

Crud wrote:Just some high school wrestling. But I really like what is going on in BJJ right now with Metamoris and EBI.

It's never too late to get into submission fighting. I have been doing it ever since I was five years old. I started out doing Judo under my granddaddy, and was awarded my black belt before I went off to college. I am currently a 2nd dan. which was also awarded to me by my granddaddy, but I also took some time off from the sport due to illness and my granddaddy passing. I started taking jiu-jitsu a little while before my granddaddy passed, and I am currently getting ready to be promoted to brown belt next month as long as everything goes according to plan. I would be further along in both submission arts, but like I said I took some time off.
Last edited by xSamWaynex on Aug 20. 2015, 01:07, edited 1 time in total.
"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

poughboy101
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby poughboy101 » Aug 20. 2015, 00:12

Duh!! I'm down!
Gracie Jiu Jitsu
Blue Belt 2/2/10
Purple Belt 8/12/13

Crud
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Crud » Aug 20. 2015, 23:52

xSamWaynex wrote:
Crud wrote:Just some high school wrestling. But I really like what is going on in BJJ right now with Metamoris and EBI.

It's never too late to get into submission fighting. I have been doing it ever since I was five years old. I started out doing Judo under my granddaddy, and was awarded my black belt before I went off to college. I am currently a 2nd dan. which was also awarded to me by my granddaddy, but I also took some time off from the sport due to illness and my granddaddy passing. I started taking jiu-jitsu a little while before my granddaddy passed, and I am currently getting ready to be promoted to brown belt next month as long as everything goes according to plan. I would be further along in both submission arts, but like I said I took some time off.

I train Muay Thai now but I would love to get into BJJ to round out the skill set.

mmrpink
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby mmrpink » Mar 5. 2016, 01:08

Belt testing, everyone seems to do it different, your thoughts.
There is no unique picture of reality. Stephen Hawking

1 Timothy 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

jojoclown777
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby jojoclown777 » Mar 5. 2016, 23:53

I was in the third row, like 5 seats away from Joe Rogan, at EBI 5. 8) 8) 8) 8) <--- pics of me at EBI 5.

Return to “MMA Training & Bodybuilding”