Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

GracieBreakdown: SICKEST FLYING TRIANGLE OF ALL TIME

Discuss MMA training, nutrition, competing and getting in shape. Share MMA Training and bodybuilding videos. Introduce yourself!
support
info@mmashare.com
info@mmashare.com

GracieBreakdown: SICKEST FLYING TRIANGLE OF ALL TIME

Postby support » Apr 21. 2015, 04:51

phpBB [video]

You might need to turn off AdBlock

MajorBA
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Re: GracieBreakdown: SICKEST FLYING TRIANGLE OF ALL TIME

Postby MajorBA » May 1. 2015, 01:41

Pretty cool, but let's be realistic about it ever working in a real life street scenario against someone with even mediocre fighting skills and experience:

The exaggerated roundhouse punch, creating the opportunity for an easy latch on isn't going to happen. Someone is likely to put both arms forward and catch you at the waist or crotch, turn your momentum to one side or the other and flatten you on your back. Very bad particularly on pavement. Nobody is going to help you make a smooth break fall onto a Training mat.

Then there is the issue of the open legs, balls yelling "hello, punch me here and make me sing soprano."

I wouldn't recommend trying it on me, anyway. Lol. It was still a neat acrobatic exhibition though.
"Posts not seen can never be recalled."-MajorBA

kaavuhim
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby kaavuhim » May 23. 2015, 05:44

But dude it's a joke, no one want to use it in "real street scenario"...

jojoclown777
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby jojoclown777 » May 23. 2015, 20:41

hahahaha @ "majorba" doing a critique of the video

MajorBA
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby MajorBA » May 25. 2015, 13:41

jojoclown777 wrote:hahahaha @ "majorba" doing a critique of the video

And the joke is? Never mind. By your own admission, you're a clown. Everything is a joke with you.
Apparently I didn't get it, as it was presented like dude was seriously trying to present it's utilization as a valid tactic.
Went right over my head. :nosedrill

xSamWaynex
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby xSamWaynex » May 27. 2015, 21:56

Not for nothin', but even IF someone were to catch you by the waist or crotch or put out both hands, there are several submissions that can be attempted and gotten from that position. Say a person were to catch you by the waist, and then tried to roll on your back. If your legs are still wrapped around someones neck while they are attempting this you can go for several arm locks on either arm, as well as a straight arm bar, or a variation of a mounted triangle choke where both arms are stuck out, almost like "Frankenstein's monster." If they try to punch you in the crotch they open themselves up for several minor tension techniques, which is basically where you wrench a persons fingers or thumbs in any direction they are not supposed to go. This is not allowed in competition, but in a street fight it wouldn't matter. I am NOT saying that this is the BEST technique to use on someone in a street fight, but there are enough meat head dumbasses who think they can fight that would be too surprised to even know what to do until after the choke or any number of other submissions had been applied. And because of this I would consider it a valid tactic, but that is just my personal opinion.
"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

GODHAND
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby GODHAND » Jun 4. 2015, 17:38

I hope Brian Ortega doesnt use any more PEDs in his next fight vs. Thiago Tavares... because he got a No Contest due to getting popped after the fight. '
Do you believe that there is only one God? Good! The demons also believe—and tremble with fear. James 2:19

If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans10:09

MajorBA
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby MajorBA » Jun 8. 2015, 15:34

xSamWaynex wrote:Not for nothin', but even IF someone were to catch you by the waist or crotch or put out both hands, there are several submissions that can be attempted and gotten from that position. Say a person were to catch you by the waist, and then tried to roll on your back. If your legs are still wrapped around someones neck while they are attempting this you can go for several arm locks on either arm, as well as a straight arm bar, or a variation of a mounted triangle choke where both arms are stuck out, almost like "Frankenstein's monster." If they try to punch you in the crotch they open themselves up for several minor tension techniques, which is basically where you wrench a persons fingers or thumbs in any direction they are not supposed to go. This is not allowed in competition, but in a street fight it wouldn't matter. I am NOT saying that this is the BEST technique to use on someone in a street fight, but there are enough meat head dumbasses who think they can fight that would be too surprised to even know what to do until after the choke or any number of other submissions had been applied. And because of this I would consider it a valid tactic, but that is just my personal opinion.

I agree about the element of surprise vs unsuspecting opponent, and to some extent the transitional arguement. Just because there is no chance in this lifetime that I would ever get caught in that hold, and would likely break the back or crack the skull of someone trying it on me certainly does not mean it wouldn't work on someone else. There are certainly hundreds of better approaches to the same scenario, and your points are noted. Like I said before, it was a cool acrobatic exhibition, and best saved for just that. The margin for error is astronomical in a critical incident/true combat situation, and we haven't even touched on the aspect of potential weaponry utilization by the target of the hold.

vstipic23
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby vstipic23 » Jun 8. 2015, 15:55

Let's all calm down... :)

It was an interesting and impressive demonstration. It was a demonstration. Does this summarize all needed for both sides to be satisfied?
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness.

MajorBA
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby MajorBA » Jun 8. 2015, 16:04

vstipic23 wrote:Let's all calm down... :)

It was an interesting and impressive demonstration. It was a demonstration. Does this summarize all needed for both sides to be satisfied?

Whoohh Sahhh... Sure good with me. :like

kraig7777
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby kraig7777 » Jul 1. 2015, 15:47

LOLol jumping platform at 0:08

And people in this genius group are arguing over whether it's a technique that should be used on the street. :mrgreen:
A handful of tadpoles in one pocket and axle grease in the other.

Vance Rezak
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Vance Rezak » Jul 4. 2015, 17:47

THAT WAS SICK!
When man goes anywhere, even into outer space, he takes all his bad habits with him. Even politics. Come to think of it, especially politics

KhmerBarang
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby KhmerBarang » Sep 26. 2015, 02:58

Awesome!

Brad8570
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby Brad8570 » Dec 14. 2015, 05:56

Always wanted to see a guy in a bar fight lay down on his back right away kicking up. :D
turn off your mind, relax, float downstream...

Return to “MMA Training & Bodybuilding”