Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

Japanese Necktie Defense or Escape?

Discuss MMA training, nutrition, competing and getting in shape. Share MMA Training and bodybuilding videos. Introduce yourself!
orcgod
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Japanese Necktie Defense or Escape?

Postby orcgod » Oct 23. 2014, 04:05

Hi All,

I looked it up in youtube but couldnt find a Japanese Necktie Defend or Escape.

I keep getting tapped with submission and it's very uncomfortable when your in that position.

Would love to hear you guys if you want to share some knowledge.

Thanks.

You might need to turn off AdBlock

ToledoMMA
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Re: Japanese Necktie Defense or Escape?

Postby ToledoMMA » Oct 24. 2014, 05:02

Keep him from getting your leg I guess, I can't wait to try this out. I'll follow up if we figure anything out at the gym. I love the darce from side control or half guard.

orcgod
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby orcgod » Oct 24. 2014, 16:40

Thanks ToledoMMA, looking forward for any tips or tricks on the escape.

MMAJuggalo
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby MMAJuggalo » Aug 1. 2015, 16:08

Unfortunately I don't know of much to defend against it once it's locked in, I know it's cliche but the best defense is not getting caught. Perhaps instead of looking to beat it once it's there look into the set ups and positions it can be landed from then work to counter it before it becomes a problem, not allowing you opponent/partner to have the opening to get it.
"If we fight for money I'll stop hitting you when you ask me to. If we fight for honor I'll stop hitting you when I feel like it." -Rickson Gracie

Search-Destroy
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Search-Destroy » Aug 5. 2015, 11:04

MMAJuggalo wrote:Unfortunately I don't know of much to defend against it once it's locked in, I know it's cliche but the best defense is not getting caught. Perhaps instead of looking to beat it once it's there look into the set ups and positions it can be landed from then work to counter it before it becomes a problem, not allowing you opponent/partner to have the opening to get it.

This is probably a better solution. Even knowing escapes when getting caught in a submission often won't work if the submission is deep and applied properly. Fedor surely knew how to escape a triangle/armbar, but no one was going to get out of that submission.

A Nameless Ghoul
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby A Nameless Ghoul » Aug 24. 2015, 08:30

In this video they call it "wax off", it works but I prefer to defend when he is trying to get his arm through. If his hands are connected it becomes more difficult and one must keep the leg(s) from getting caught. It is a bad position to be in and when defending it's a big risk of getting in another bad position...

phpBB [video]
Hate positively!

angst
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby angst » Aug 24. 2015, 09:00

when its locked in properly, its too late and beyond inhuman neck strength i dont think there's much you can do.

hand fight, keep your chin down when he's feeding his arm through, fight him trying to hook your legs and either get your legs away from his or get full guard-depending on how he reacts... if all this has failed, you have to make sure he doesnt get your head on his chest when he drops to his shoulder- either feed it through so he has to adjust and go for a guillotine and then defend that or try and get your head deep in his stomach and bare it out till he gives up.

a few times at seminars with old brazillians with 4+ stripes on their blackbelts, and they give you time for questions and you ask them...when the other guy has got me in submission x, what do i do?
the answer is normally , "in that position, tap" or "there, you're dead" or "if hes got you there, you fucked up along time ago".

so simply it's your fault, stop playing halfguard with guys that keep tapping you with japanese neckties

barndoor
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby barndoor » Dec 14. 2015, 06:34

There are a couple few things you can do to stop it as it comes on.

- He needs you on your side with hip and shoulder down, so come up.

- He needs to control the space between your elbow and side, so pinch down as he reaches in. There is a sweep from here if you have the leg in half guard, the mechanic.

- He needs to reach deep to the back of your head and crunch your head to your chest, so extend back and keep you head up.

- He needs leg control to keep you curled up on your side, so free the leg and roll your back to the floor.

Good Luck

Waftist
ONE TIME CRI CHAMPION
ONE TIME CRI CHAMPION

Postby Waftist » Nov 8. 2016, 13:11

It's a tough one. I'd like to know more about this too.

If your opponent can only trap your bottom leg you have some chance of turning in the choke if you're strong enough and bendy enough but if he has the top leg trapped properly there's pretty much nothing you can do.

Just prevention. Don't get in that position. Like other posters said just flatten out and stop the arm from snaking through.
JDS - Lawler - Machida - Hunt - Aldo - Romero - Barnett - Shogun - Cruz - Masvidal - Mousasi
Gomi - Gustafsson - MacDonald -Tanaka - Ishihara - Jedrzejczyk - Shevchenko - Calderwood - Zingano

Hakuho - Robeisy Ramirez - Nieky Holzken - Canelo Alvarez

Return to “MMA Training & Bodybuilding”