Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

How many train ?

Discuss MMA training, nutrition, competing and getting in shape. Share MMA Training and bodybuilding videos. Introduce yourself!
Johnny_Morrissey
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Re: How many train ?

Postby Johnny_Morrissey » Feb 22. 2016, 18:03

xSamWaynex wrote:
Johnny_Morrissey wrote:Lol... I fully accept that I am a pussy and a lightweight. Arthritis don't sound good Sam. Hope it's not too bad.

Tbh with you I just roll with knee pads because I'm thinking 10-15 years down the line I still want to be rolling and if I don't protect the knees I'll have to stop and I don't want that to happen. It's preventative so hopefully I don't let the knees deteriorate to the point where I have to stop.

I too am a pussy and a lightweight compared to my granddaddy haha. He was a marine and a Korean war veteran. As far as the arthritis, right now it's moderate and just like all arthritis it will get worse over time but for now I can deal with it. Have bad days of course but I have to push through the pain or else I can't do the things I love to do.

Exactly, it's got to be done. I guess you've developed a game to go make it easier on your body?

You might need to turn off AdBlock

The earth makes a sound as of sighs and the last drops fall from the emptied cloudless sky. A small boy, stretching out his hands and looking up at the blue sky, asked his mother how such a thing was possible. f**k off, she said.
(Samuel Beckett)

xSamWaynex
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby xSamWaynex » Feb 23. 2016, 08:43

Johnny_Morrissey wrote:Exactly, it's got to be done. I guess you've developed a game to go make it easier on your body?

Whenever I first started having problems with my knees I started working more on top game than off of my back. I still have the flexibility that I used to but my joints hurt afterward is all. So instead of going after people with triangles and such off my back I prefer to reverse and keep myself on top, so I can use my arms more. I have gotten really good at kimuras, and pretty much all of the original keylock series. I'm okay off of my back....
"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

transformanu
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby transformanu » Feb 25. 2016, 07:37

I use the train once in a month... That`s it.

seths
WELTERW. CHAMP
WELTERW. CHAMP

Postby seths » Feb 25. 2016, 23:38

I too am involved in a train once or twice a month. I think I need to work on my cardio more though cuz I keep having to tag out to catch my breath. It aint easy being sleazy
I'm high as a giraffe's ass, so pay no attention to anything I say

Johnny_Morrissey
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Johnny_Morrissey » Feb 26. 2016, 13:35

xSamWaynex wrote:
Johnny_Morrissey wrote:Exactly, it's got to be done. I guess you've developed a game to go make it easier on your body?

Whenever I first started having problems with my knees I started working more on top game than off of my back. I still have the flexibility that I used to but my joints hurt afterward is all. So instead of going after people with triangles and such off my back I prefer to reverse and keep myself on top, so I can use my arms more. I have gotten really good at kimuras, and pretty much all of the original keylock series. I'm okay off of my back....

Makes sense. I work 5he half guard for sweeps and then try for some subs. Saves me having to use too much pep at 5he start of a roll. Loads of holes in my game though that I'm working on. This month it's open guard passes. Probably next moth too on it. It's coming on a bit.
The earth makes a sound as of sighs and the last drops fall from the emptied cloudless sky. A small boy, stretching out his hands and looking up at the blue sky, asked his mother how such a thing was possible. f**k off, she said.
(Samuel Beckett)

Crud
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Crud » Feb 26. 2016, 23:59

My First smoker fight is on April 23rd!

NightmareUFC
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby NightmareUFC » Feb 27. 2016, 03:43

I train 2 days and 1 day rest. Cardio is still bad though :corn
The eyes never lie

iamseiko
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby iamseiko » Mar 20. 2016, 14:17

I train every day. All excuses out.

D-MMAN
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby D-MMAN » Mar 23. 2016, 04:12

What a hard guy

Have fun with your injuries man. Even the pros take rest days, its essential for physical and mental development. Your body needs time to rebuild, and the brain to recharge

Loki
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Loki » Mar 23. 2016, 14:30

Trainerdave
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby Trainerdave » Nov 27. 2016, 12:49

I no longer compete in MMA(I stoped 10 years ago) I have to many nagging injuries to go full contact, I switched to competing in bodybuilding but at a size that still keeps me flexible , fast and mobile, I am a Professional fitness trainer and I work my body mon-Friday , on Saturday I'll practice striking just to keep me sharp.

165grNosler
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby 165grNosler » Nov 29. 2016, 19:52

In the gym lifting 5 days a week. It is all about setting goals and how bad you want to reach them.

angst
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby angst » Nov 29. 2016, 20:01

D-MMAN wrote:What a hard guy

Have fun with your injuries man. Even the pros take rest days, its essential for physical and mental development. Your body needs time to rebuild, and the brain to recharge

to get pro they train everyday. rest day every week ot every two weeks is ok but otherwise it's just training. if you have another sporting hobby-say soccer or athletics then you dont have to train fighting specific sport cos you're working your cardio.

training carefully and controlled even when being pushed helps towards injury prevention and knowing your training partners of course. for your brain training should essentially be a relaxed yet alert state of mind.

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Robert223 » Nov 29. 2016, 22:35

angst wrote:
D-MMAN wrote:What a hard guy

to get pro they train everyday. rest day every week ot every two weeks is ok but otherwise it's just training. if you have another sporting hobby-say soccer or athletics then you dont have to train fighting specific sport cos you're working your cardio.

training carefully and controlled even when being pushed helps towards injury prevention and knowing your training partners of course. for your brain training should essentially be a relaxed yet alert state of mind.

3 day training (twice a day with a possible mini workout in between) 1 day off or 5 days training 2 days off always worked best for me. If you train 2 weeks straight at a high level you're not getting much out of it imo.

Days off should be active though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFQ0V8TcyvY&list=PLCEE01064AF877F81

Return to “MMA Training & Bodybuilding”