Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

Weighted Clothing?

Discuss MMA training, nutrition, competing and getting in shape. Share MMA Training and bodybuilding videos. Introduce yourself!
DevlLBoY
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Weighted Clothing?

Postby DevlLBoY » Jan 2. 2011, 23:53

Do Weighted Clothing Such as 3-10lb shirts, Tank Tops, Pants, etc. exist?

If they do exist, where can i buy them, and what is the going price?

Not vests, those are just gay and bulky, and you cannot do shit in them.

You might need to turn off AdBlock

DevlLBoY
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Re: Weighted Clothing?

Postby DevlLBoY » Jan 3. 2011, 13:18

So No one has ever heard of weighted clothing i am going to assume...

redeyeddawn
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby redeyeddawn » Jan 3. 2011, 13:23

DevlLBoY wrote:So No one has ever heard of weighted clothing i am going to assume...

Never heard of weighted clothing, but it seems like a good idea to be honest.

Vlimmen
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Vlimmen » Jan 4. 2011, 14:34

redeyeddawn wrote:
DevlLBoY wrote:So No one has ever heard of weighted clothing i am going to assume...

which material would you use?
Watch with your pants off and a tub full of vaseline, what do I care you what you do in your mum's basement. "The Voice" Michael Schiavello

jesse lazo
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby jesse lazo » Jan 4. 2011, 15:02

http://www.mmashare.info/general-training-f15/is-it-worth-it-getting-weighted-vests-etc--t26645.html
a thread i made a while back, got 2 pages of lots of info. check it out
"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." - Robert Collier
- CRI XXIII Champ
- Amateur Record: 1-0

DevlLBoY
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby DevlLBoY » Jan 4. 2011, 15:25

Dude thats a weight vest, I was talking about "weighted clothing".

Weight vests just overall suck ass, I am talking about day to day clothing, that is comfortable, and you can go around wearing without a problem.

Although the only types of clothing i can see working well would be anything except pants. I think the average day to day belt would have a hard time holding up weighted pants.

redeyeddawn
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby redeyeddawn » Jan 4. 2011, 15:54

I pitched the idea of a weight vest that sticks to your body and that was made of a material simulating human skin or flesh to an amatuer boxing friend of mine. He seemed to like the idea and suggested maybe something around 40 Ibs. I would think some kind of product that wasn't bulky and hard to move around in would already be on the market. From the responses on this thread I guess not though.

Material wise the clothing idea might be a bit tricky. As far as clothing is concerned I am wondering if a maverick trainer from some obscure part of the globe hasn't already come up with at least something close.

jesse lazo
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby jesse lazo » Jan 4. 2011, 17:30

DevlLBoY wrote:Dude thats a weight vest, I was talking about "weighted clothing".

Weight vests just overall suck ass, I am talking about day to day clothing, that is comfortable, and you can go around wearing without a problem.

Although the only types of clothing i can see working well would be anything except pants. I think the average day to day belt would have a hard time holding up weighted pants.

By day to day you mean you want to wear them regularly? have fun walking around in a 20 lbs shirt that would be TOTALLY COMFORTABLY.

And if those vests in the thread (first pictures) are to bulky for you, google Patrick Whaley and look for his... titanwear i think its called, see if those are non-bulky enough for you
"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." - Robert Collier
- CRI XXIII Champ
- Amateur Record: 1-0

GamerEly
MIDDLEW. CHAMP
MIDDLEW. CHAMP

Postby GamerEly » Jan 4. 2011, 17:31

why do you hate weight vests so much is what i want to know. i think it looks a lot better then a big floppy weighted shirt, dont they have weighted suits that are like bright silver or something? maybe those are sauna suits, but yeah, to make a weighted shirt youd just have to add little plates all over the shirt to distribute the weight evenly across the entire shirt instead of putting cotton or something, or doing like the ankle weight and using weighted powder. itd be so much more uncomfortable than just wearing a vest
Wanted to go to Phuket Thailand to learn Muay Thai but then I realized I was pronouncing Phuket wrong so it wasnt as funny :/

DevlLBoY
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby DevlLBoY » Jan 4. 2011, 18:18

I think you could insulate the shirt with sand or something, making it not very puffy, and comfortable, sand that is held in place, so it cannot fluxuate around the shirt when you move a certain way.

decade
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby decade » Jan 6. 2011, 08:49

weighted clothing? you mean like what Piccolo wears in DBZ? ahh i see, trying to take your training to the next level...

senescal
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby senescal » Jan 9. 2011, 10:43

You will never be comfortable wearing weighted anything. Dream on.

redeyeddawn
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby redeyeddawn » Jan 9. 2011, 15:49

It would probably be a bit difficult if you were trying to go for a shirt that weighed 50 Ibs or something. I would imagine someone would need to first make an easy to produce material that is exceptionally dense, second you would probably have to use tough cloth made of hemp or whatever material they make jeans out of. You would probably have to layer the dense material in a meshed sandwich of something tough and elastic in the center of the material the clothing is made out of. My guess is maybe a weighted jumpsuit would be possible or something asthetically similar to sweatpants and a hoody. To help with mobility instead of weighted plates padding the clothing maybe the dense material could be in the form of very small near frictionless beads. I would think it would still be uncomfortable even if weighted clothing would allow for more mobility or versatility than a vest.

hookah777
MIDDLEW. CHAMP
MIDDLEW. CHAMP

Postby hookah777 » Jan 10. 2011, 06:44

Vlimmen wrote:
redeyeddawn wrote:

which material would you use?

Ringmails :P

Return to “MMA Training & Bodybuilding”