Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

All you need to know about nutrition.

Discuss MMA training, nutrition, competing and getting in shape. Share MMA Training and bodybuilding videos. Introduce yourself!
Lukn4trbl
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Re: All you need to know about nutrition.

Postby Lukn4trbl » Jan 18. 2016, 20:45

There is some reasonable evidence for statin use post MI (heart attack)

Mr. Boss, sir,

In what capacity might this be?

You might need to turn off AdBlock

Baller Betting - It will make you cool.

mpac
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby mpac » Jan 31. 2016, 03:57

vitamin k2 is good to take.

iamseiko
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby iamseiko » Mar 20. 2016, 14:11

As a vegan, nutrition is the hardest thing to keep up with when training.

kusok
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby kusok » Apr 25. 2016, 10:31

I added these short sections on low-carb diets and fiber intake to the Original Post to help people make sense of these important topics:

Q. Are low carb diets good?
A. It depends. Some people feel great on lots of carbs, some need lots of carbs for their sports (best energy source). Some however feel sleepy after carbs, have poor insulin sensitivity, get bloated or hungry after eating carbs, and thus do better on more fat in their diet and less carbs. Carbs should be set based on individual preference and tolerance to carbs. In either case go for a higher protein diet! And remember, quality of carbs is important. Some processed cereal is not as good as whole food fruit or veggie. One thing worth keeping in mind is that on a low carb diet you're very likely to be short on fiber. That in turn can make your bad cholesterol too high and cause other things like fat gain, tiredness, and poor glucose metabolism. So it's recommended to supplement your low carb diet with a fiber supplement. Amazingly doctors who read your blood test results and see bad cholesterol and/or poor glucose metabolism (aka poor insulin sensitivity, poor reaction to carbs) will advice you to stop eating red meat and eggs etc. which are both false advice, but they never mention fiber thou this is common knowledge.

Q. How much fiber (or fibre) should I be eating?
A. 10-15g fiber/1000 kcal is a good general rule.

RICH_DOGPAIL
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP
Location: DOGPAIL INDUSTRIES: A legendary movement run by Phteves

Postby RICH_DOGPAIL » Apr 25. 2016, 14:44

Lukn4trbl wrote:
There is some reasonable evidence for statin use post MI (heart attack)

Mr. Boss, sir,

In what capacity might this be?

studies have shown that post MI there is a **** tail of 3 meds that improve chances of further cerebro-cardiovascular incidences when taken in tandem... that is the only time where there actually seems to be positive evidence.... all the other reasons for its uses can be debated imo... this is not my "opinion" there is evidence to support this, would I use the drug myself...? Nope.

Im on the same page as your re: statins but that is one incidence where an argument for its usefulness can be made. If youre looking at someone who is not willing to change their lifestyle/diet or situation that lead to the MI, this should be atleast be an option on the table imo...

RICH_DOGPAIL
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby RICH_DOGPAIL » Apr 25. 2016, 19:40

kusok wrote:I added these short sections on low-carb diets and fiber intake to the Original Post to help people make sense of these important topics:

Q. Are low carb diets good?
A. It depends. Some people feel great on lots of carbs, some need lots of carbs for their sports (best energy source). Some however feel sleepy after carbs, have poor insulin sensitivity, get bloated or hungry after eating carbs, and thus do better on more fat in their diet and less carbs. Carbs should be set based on individual preference and tolerance to carbs. In either case go for a higher protein diet! And remember, quality of carbs is important. Some processed cereal is not as good as whole food fruit or veggie. One thing worth keeping in mind is that on a low carb diet you're very likely to be short on fiber. That in turn can make your bad cholesterol too high and cause other things like fat gain, tiredness, and poor glucose metabolism. So it's recommended to supplement your low carb diet with a fiber supplement. Amazingly doctors who read your blood test results and see bad cholesterol and/or poor glucose metabolism (aka poor insulin sensitivity, poor reaction to carbs) will advice you to stop eating red meat and eggs etc. which are both false advice, but they never mention fiber thou this is common knowledge.

Q. How much fiber (or fibre) should I be eating?
A. 10-15g fiber/1000 kcal is a good general rule.

NOt all carbs are created equal as well, there is a big difference between say sweet potatoes, yams and other root veggies in comparison to grains as the primary source of carbs... grains can perpetuate a lot of blood sugar irregularities and overall inflmn in the gut for some.

great post Kusok as always man :like

kusok
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby kusok » Apr 25. 2016, 21:43

RICH_DOGPAIL wrote:NOt all carbs are created equal as well, there is a big difference between say sweet potatoes, yams and other root veggies in comparison to grains as the primary source of carbs... grains can perpetuate a lot of blood sugar irregularities and overall inflmn in the gut for some.

great post Kusok as always man :like

True. I'm gonna add, maybe tomorrow, the above ^^^ to the main post, and expand to briefly discuss different carbs, and talk a bit about how they differ and so on.

For me personally fruit is great, but starch like potatoes or yam is not so good, I get so bloated right away. It's a bit individual. Also just generally never liked grains all together or their effect on me. But I know people who love their grain and digest it like champs. So it all matters, quality and what kind of carbs.

Loki
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Loki » Apr 26. 2016, 07:53

...and that kids is why I turned right, and it has made all the difference.

RICH_DOGPAIL
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby RICH_DOGPAIL » Apr 26. 2016, 11:07

Loki wrote:Image

...and that kids is why I turned right, and it has made all the difference.

:lol:

be careful there is a third path that says "munchies" and this path can come at ya pretty hard with your recent experimentations ;)

oscarxiii
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby oscarxiii » Dec 26. 2016, 12:37

Toca traducir

bulldoger
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby bulldoger » Jan 31. 2017, 13:12

Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose

┏━━━┓╋╋╋┏┓╋┏┓┏━━━┓
┃┏━━┛╋╋╋┃┃┏┛┗┫┏━━┛
┃┗━━┳┳━━┫┗┻┓┏┫┗━━┳━━┳━┓
┃┏━━╋┫┏┓┃┏┓┃┃┃┏━━┫┏┓┃┏┓┓
┃┃╋╋┃┃┗┛┃┃┃┃┗┫┃╋╋┃┏┓┃┃┃┣┓
┗┛╋╋┗┻━┓┣┛┗┻━┻┛╋╋┗┛┗┻┛┗┻┛
╋╋╋╋╋┏━┛┃
╋╋╋╋╋┗━━┛

|||||

bulldoger
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby bulldoger » Jan 31. 2017, 13:15

Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose

┏━━━┓╋╋╋┏┓╋┏┓┏━━━┓
┃┏━━┛╋╋╋┃┃┏┛┗┫┏━━┛
┃┗━━┳┳━━┫┗┻┓┏┫┗━━┳━━┳━┓
┃┏━━╋┫┏┓┃┏┓┃┃┃┏━━┫┏┓┃┏┓┓
┃┃╋╋┃┃┗┛┃┃┃┃┗┫┃╋╋┃┏┓┃┃┃┣┓
┗┛╋╋┗┻━┓┣┛┗┻━┻┛╋╋┗┛┗┻┛┗┻┛
╋╋╋╋╋┏━┛┃
╋╋╋╋╋┗━━┛

|||||

Spankety
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby Spankety » Feb 27. 2017, 09:54

Thanks for the thread I have been really getting into self-improvement lately. Very interesting watch packed with tons of information. Check this out it's a long video but you don't have to watch it all at once

Joe Rogan Experience Dr. Rhonda Patrick (Nutritional Expert)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxM_CLsvieE

Return to “MMA Training & Bodybuilding”