Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

All you need to know about nutrition.

Discuss MMA training, nutrition, competing and getting in shape. Share MMA Training and bodybuilding videos. Introduce yourself!
User avatar
steekmoer
H.O.F.
H.O.F.
Posts: 3441
Joined: May 7. 2009, 07:20
Location: South Africa

Re: All you need to know about nutrition.

Postby steekmoer » Feb 6. 2015, 03:14

RICH_DOGPAIL wrote:
steekmoer wrote:@Rich

Maybe I should give Mike Dolce a call....he's doing it all wrong...ha ha
:|


It would have mellowed BJ the f**k out a bit.... hold that, I think hes on the beer diet now and he just got arrested.... I guess a strict beer diet is only for the worlds finest :lol:

No throwing PEDS in there steekmoer (water)!!


LOL....and all this time I thought BJ was just bulking up for a HW rematch with Machida.....Ha Ha
Turns out he just likes Beer.

You might need to turn off AdBlock




Sulky Poo Pants

User avatar
RICH_DOGPAIL
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP
Posts: 8083
Joined: Oct 11. 2009, 03:10
Location: DOGPAIL INDUSTRIES: A legendary movement run by Phteves

Re: All you need to know about nutrition.

Postby RICH_DOGPAIL » Feb 6. 2015, 07:35

steekmoer wrote:
RICH_DOGPAIL wrote:
steekmoer wrote:@Rich

Maybe I should give Mike Dolce a call....he's doing it all wrong...ha ha
:|


It would have mellowed BJ the f**k out a bit.... hold that, I think hes on the beer diet now and he just got arrested.... I guess a strict beer diet is only for the worlds finest :lol:

No throwing PEDS in there steekmoer (water)!!


LOL....and all this time I thought BJ was just bulking up for a HW rematch with Machida.....Ha Ha
Turns out he just likes Beer.

:lol: :lol:

User avatar
bigtahoe
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP
Posts: 1561
Joined: Apr 29. 2007, 23:05

Re: All you need to know about nutrition.

Postby bigtahoe » Jul 8. 2015, 09:28

Just watched a great documentary on Netflix, "Fed Up". Covers quite a bit of the topics that you guys have been talking about. I don't have a link to the movie because it was Netflix instant watch, but maybe someone here can find it online and post so some of the other members can watch it. Stay healthy.

User avatar
Kazparov
H.O.F.
H.O.F.
Posts: 2672
Joined: Oct 23. 2010, 20:59

Re: All you need to know about nutrition.

Postby Kazparov » Jul 8. 2015, 17:59

Heard that was a good movie
"If I wanted to kill myself I'd climb to the top of your ignorance and jump down to your iq. When stupid goes up to 5 dollars a barrel I'd love to have the drilling rights to your head"
Thundertiger

Siddhartha
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP
Posts: 23
Joined: Aug 15. 2014, 01:01
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: All you need to know about nutrition.

Postby Siddhartha » Oct 15. 2015, 03:23

oberfussmeister wrote:actually, a new study found out that red meat actually may be bad, its one of the main things (if not the most aggressive) that provoke cancer. fish >>>> meat (too bad these fuckers are expensive over here)

new studies from Denmark have shown that the vitamin supplementation often has really bad side effects, such as increasing the risk of cancer. fruits, vegetables >>>>>>>>> supplements.

do you have any sources on the cholesterol thing? all i know is that cholesterol actually influences your body, the LDL and the HDL intake. is this some kind of tale that everyone believes, like people think matryoshki are called babushki?

i have a question: do you know if the tea you can buy in supermarkets in usual bags has any quality?

Cholesterol is the "master hormone" from which the body makes all other hormones, including testosterone. If you like some lead in your pencil and would like positive results from your workouts you better make sure that you have enough cholesterol in your diet. Cholesterol is an essential nutrient. Your body only produces a fraction of your daily requirements- the majority has to come form your food. Your brain is 75% pure cholesterol (by weight) and your nerves are surrounded by myelin sheath made from cholesterol. Alzheimer's is a physician created disease caused by a deficiency of cholesterol (nerves tangle and short circuit when the insulating myelin sheath disappears).
As a risk factor for cardiovascular disease including heart attack cholesterol is ranked 13th with stress hormones like cortisol taking up the top rankings. The ONLY reason for this cholesterol witch hunt is a billion dollar industry selling poor schmucks cholesterol lowering drugs.
I have a fair bit to say about cancer too. Unfortunately this would take up way too much space in this forum.

User avatar
RICH_DOGPAIL
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP
Posts: 8083
Joined: Oct 11. 2009, 03:10
Location: DOGPAIL INDUSTRIES: A legendary movement run by Phteves

Re: All you need to know about nutrition.

Postby RICH_DOGPAIL » Oct 15. 2015, 11:05

Siddhartha wrote:
oberfussmeister wrote:actually, a new study found out that red meat actually may be bad, its one of the main things (if not the most aggressive) that provoke cancer. fish >>>> meat (too bad these fuckers are expensive over here)

new studies from Denmark have shown that the vitamin supplementation often has really bad side effects, such as increasing the risk of cancer. fruits, vegetables >>>>>>>>> supplements.

do you have any sources on the cholesterol thing? all i know is that cholesterol actually influences your body, the LDL and the HDL intake. is this some kind of tale that everyone believes, like people think matryoshki are called babushki?

i have a question: do you know if the tea you can buy in supermarkets in usual bags has any quality?

Cholesterol is the "master hormone" from which the body makes all other hormones, including testosterone. If you like some lead in your pencil and would like positive results from your workouts you better make sure that you have enough cholesterol in your diet. Cholesterol is an essential nutrient. Your body only produces a fraction of your daily requirements- the majority has to come form your food. Your brain is 75% pure cholesterol (by weight) and your nerves are surrounded by myelin sheath made from cholesterol. Alzheimer's is a physician created disease caused by a deficiency of cholesterol (nerves tangle and short circuit when the insulating myelin sheath disappears).
As a risk factor for cardiovascular disease including heart attack cholesterol is ranked 13th with stress hormones like cortisol taking up the top rankings. The ONLY reason for this cholesterol witch hunt is a billion dollar industry selling poor schmucks cholesterol lowering drugs.
I have a fair bit to say about cancer too. Unfortunately this would take up way too much space in this forum.


Cholesterol is made by the body in much higher percentages than you say and can fluctuate based on need and availability.... this information you provided is false. I do agree the interplay between triglycerides, Lipoproteins, and cholesterol is not fully understood and the Class of drugs known as statins have been over prescribed based on poor risk- benefit analysis and oversimplification of the role of cholesterol in the body.... oh and in many cases lack of evidence.

How the hell can physicians control a patient's intake of cholesterol??? How is this linked with Alzheimers? By your logic statins can only lower your cholesterol by a very maximum of 25%, which is still impossible by the way as that would mean 100% elimination of body cholesterol production. Where are you getting this stuff? Isn't the Demyelination of your nerves called MS?

To the other poster new studies show supplements are bad for the body and show increased risk for cancer? Do you even know how stupid you sound? Do you know how many vitamin supplements there are out there with differing quantities and various forms of the vitamins themselves? I'm not even going to touch on quality control. The fact that it's a new study is another red flag... why don't u post the link to this "study " instead of spewing out this drivel.
Linked to cancer??? I'd love to see causation on that one, I'm sure your study has all the answers tho.

....I know this is a page to talk about nutrition but atleast post info that you can back up if your claims are this big.

User avatar
henrymandel
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP
Posts: 32
Joined: Oct 16. 2015, 22:37

Re: All you need to know about nutrition.

Postby henrymandel » Oct 16. 2015, 22:53

thart sounds like everything i need to know about good healthy eating...i wish we could see more of the mma fighters training and eating. i servr goof food here.

hmtno3
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP
Posts: 98
Joined: Nov 6. 2011, 00:03

Re: All you need to know about nutrition.

Postby hmtno3 » Oct 17. 2015, 03:54

It is amazing to me how many people want to quote websites, authors, bodybuilders, etc. as "expert sources" and discuss ignoring or rating a study by the "quality of the people" blah blah blah. Let us get very real: #1 Many of these experts are in a long line of people who suddenly DIE YOUNG or advised people on that list. #2 They are all telling you what has worked for THEM and the common cohort around them in general...if it didn't...well (they didn't have what it takes). #3 Almost ALL of them are SELLING something in some way. And lastly #4 Those "studies" have two important facts: A) They all have Counfounding Varables...which is why you need to be an educated person to discern whether a study is a strong study or a weak study. This is called B) Levels of Evidence- which all studies are rated and measured by. You can have a crappy study published in a good journal because it raises a good concern or question...not that is raises a valid fact. The fact of is in Nutrition...that there are so many Confounding Variables involved in what the individual's needs, purpose and medical history impact...that to properly begin what YOU NEED is to start with a Licensed Dietician that is well versed for your area (sport, endurance, medical issue, etc.).

bodda777
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP
Posts: 48
Joined: Dec 13. 2015, 05:25

Re: All you need to know about nutrition.

Postby bodda777 » Dec 13. 2015, 05:31

I have been looking for stuff like this for ages! really good tips

cheers

User avatar
clubberlang63
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP
Posts: 40
Joined: Jan 19. 2015, 22:17

Re: All you need to know about nutrition.

Postby clubberlang63 » Dec 23. 2015, 12:23

Great post! so much good info here. Thank you!

69Chevy
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP
Posts: 40
Joined: Jan 17. 2016, 13:03

Re: All you need to know about nutrition.

Postby 69Chevy » Jan 17. 2016, 19:54

This is the single most useful thread on nutrition I've ever read. Thank you sir!

kusok
H.O.F.
H.O.F.
Posts: 9232
Joined: Dec 9. 2007, 19:49

Re: All you need to know about nutrition.

Postby kusok » Jan 18. 2016, 11:02

69Chevy wrote:This is the single most useful thread on nutrition I've ever read. Thank you sir!



It's my humble pleasure to be useful. Cheers,

User avatar
Lukn4trbl
H.O.F.
H.O.F.
Posts: 3680
Joined: Mar 13. 2013, 15:52
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: All you need to know about nutrition.

Postby Lukn4trbl » Jan 18. 2016, 19:19

The liver can produce more than 4 times what you can consume in a day. Cholesterol is a major requirement in brain development, fertility, and survival.

Every cell membrane, sex hormone, nerve sheath, fatty tissues consist of cholesterol.

Statin drugs are a definite problem. Inflaming the liver to stop cholesterol production is stupid. The FDA warnings have been out for years, yet Doctors continue to prescribe it:

http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm293330.htm

Dementia on the rise. Heart disease on the rise. Infertility on the rise.

Lipitor sells billions every year in the USA alone.

Cholesterol is not the problem, it is free radical production and harm within thje body through improper diet, chemical inhalation, ionizing radiation exposure., alcohol, caffeine, etc.
Baller Betting - It will make you cool.

User avatar
RICH_DOGPAIL
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP
Posts: 8083
Joined: Oct 11. 2009, 03:10
Location: DOGPAIL INDUSTRIES: A legendary movement run by Phteves

Re: All you need to know about nutrition.

Postby RICH_DOGPAIL » Jan 18. 2016, 19:41

Lukn4trbl wrote:The liver can produce more than 4 times what you can consume in a day. Cholesterol is a major requirement in brain development, fertility, and survival.

Every cell membrane, sex hormone, nerve sheath, fatty tissues consist of cholesterol.

Statin drugs are a definite problem. Inflaming the liver to stop cholesterol production is stupid. The FDA warnings have been out for years, yet Doctors continue to prescribe it:

http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm293330.htm

Dementia on the rise. Heart disease on the rise. Infertility on the rise.

Lipitor sells billions every year in the USA alone.

Cholesterol is not the problem, it is free radical production and harm within thje body through improper diet, chemical inhalation, ionizing radiation exposure., alcohol, caffeine, etc.



There is some reasonable evidence for statin use post MI (heart attack)


Return to “MMA Training & Bodybuilding”