Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

All you need to know about nutrition.

Discuss MMA training, nutrition, competing and getting in shape. Share MMA Training and bodybuilding videos. Introduce yourself!
eunuch
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Re: All you need to know about nutrition.

Postby eunuch » Nov 1. 2012, 14:03

whoops double post, forgive me/delete

You might need to turn off AdBlock

And then he says, “Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shit,” and then he hung up the phone.

kusok
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby kusok » Nov 1. 2012, 18:37

hey guys, I'll respond later, maybe in a day or two, web connection and power are a problem in New York.

phillyfan08
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby phillyfan08 » Nov 1. 2012, 20:06

kusok wrote:hey guys, I'll respond later, maybe in a day or two, web connection and power are a problem in New York.

How did you make out with Sandy? That bitch took it easy on me!!!

kusok
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby kusok » Nov 2. 2012, 15:53

phillyfan08 wrote:
kusok wrote:hey guys, I'll respond later, maybe in a day or two, web connection and power are a problem in New York.

How did you make out with Sandy? That bitch took it easy on me!!!

We got anally violated in parts of Long Island. I saw a line of several HUNDRED cars a town long for gas... and several hundred people with gas containers standing around waiting for a truck that never came... All generators, propane, batteries etc all sold out everywhere. Many food and supplies stores are closed or empty. Good thing we're prepared, many people got tooled.

back on topic,

kusok
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby kusok » Nov 2. 2012, 16:39

Kazparov wrote:What about ZMA? Seems to be the hot thing these days?

Don't waste your moneyz. If you need more zinc, get more zinc. If you want more magnesium, get the magnesium. It's cheaper than these special overhyped and overpriced combinations and blends.

And it's important to notice that ZMA failed when tested in research not funded by it's makers:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17882141

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18500945

kusok
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby kusok » Nov 2. 2012, 16:52

eunuch wrote:http://articles.elitefts.com/nutrition/ ... a-calorie/
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-lo ... ation.html

Does Kusok agree with these? They are saying not all calories are equal etc.

You can trust Lyle (2nd link), he is the shit. Certainly eating 100 calories from carbs will produce different results than eating those 100 calories from protein. Amount of total calories eaten is important, but so is the ratio of your macronutrients (protein, fat, carbs).

jesse lazo
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby jesse lazo » Dec 12. 2012, 00:22

What do you think about this for a bulking diet in terms of nutrition and effectiveness?
Wholemeal pita bread (must be wholemeal)

Tomato paste (High in potassium and rich in lycopene which is a powerfull antioxidant)

Size 14 chicken (1 chicken to every 6 pizzas, i make 12 pizzas at a time and eat 3 per day)

Spinich (High in potassium packed full of good vitamins and minerals)

Mushrooms (High in potassium and good source of Vitamin D)

Tomatos (High in potassium and Vitamin C)

Put it oven (Set oven to 200 on bake and put pizzas in for about 18 or so minutes depending on how hard you want the base)

Time to eat (add pepper if you wish)

MACROS BREAKDOWN PER PIZZA SERVING:
Protein = 50g
Carbohydrates = 45g
Fat = 5g

Total calories = 425
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131092493

How would that be if I ate that for lunch and dinner almost every night? I would eat 5 a day. Is that over kill?
"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." - Robert Collier
- CRI XXIII Champ
- Amateur Record: 1-0

kusok
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby kusok » Dec 12. 2012, 14:16

well, it's fine until you get tired of eating too much of the same food, or unless you have a problem with carbs/gluten/grains etc. in that pita or dairy in the cheese if you choose to add cheese to it.

So, if you ate 5 of those like you say that will give you about 2'100 calories, 250 grams protein and 225 grams carbs, and only 25 grams of fat. Meaning that you better eat more (much more) fat from other sources during your breakfast or snack(s) unless you want to be a hormonal wreck, irritable and impotent with poor hair and skin etc :D And you'll have to obviously check what your caloric goal or at least ballpark goal is for the day. 2'100 calories is not a lot, especially for an active young guy, so adding muscle aka bulking may not be possible (you generally have to be in caloric surplus) Thus you have to take into account what and how much you plan to eat for your other meals.

Lastly, the 50 gram estimate for 1 pita seems extremely suspicious. Especially given the low fat estimate. You need to carefully check this yourself. To get 40-50 grams protein and so little fat you'd have to eat a full (aka double) chicken breast (not thigh), and it doesn't look like a full chicken breast on those pics in each pita. A full chicken breast is a big thing.
It says "size 14 chicken". I'm not familiar with that product description. Is that the whole chicken? Then where is the dark meat? Dark meat would have far less protein and far more fat. Basically you just need to clarify and check the nutritional estimates if you're going to ballpark or calculate your macros.

jesse lazo
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby jesse lazo » Dec 12. 2012, 16:06

So how much fat should I take in while I'm trying to bulk? I did the GOMAD (gallon of milk a day) diet for 2 months and put on 20 lbs, but there was significant fat obviously. I've done the online basal metabolic rate calculator before and it has me up at 3100-3200 calories a day. 500 above a day is considered a clean bulk right?
"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." - Robert Collier
- CRI XXIII Champ
- Amateur Record: 1-0

kusok
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby kusok » Dec 12. 2012, 18:49

jesse lazo wrote:So how much fat should I take in while I'm trying to bulk? I did the GOMAD (gallon of milk a day) diet for 2 months and put on 20 lbs, but there was significant fat obviously. I've done the online basal metabolic rate calculator before and it has me up at 3100-3200 calories a day. 500 above a day is considered a clean bulk right?

Minimum fat intake should be 0.4 g/lb (grams per pound of your bodyweight). 0.3 is lowest. Many people feel better on about 0.5 g/lb (meaning 100 grams of fat daily for a 200 pound person). And many people feel even better on more than that, like 0.6 g/lb.

Clean bulk is considered when you add weight to the bar overtime and maybe add 0.5-1 lb weekly to your bodyweight. It's better to go by those two measures rather than by caloric calculators that can be off by hundreds of calories given your individual metabolism and various formulas those calculators use that don't always agree with one another regarding how to calculate caloric needs.

I'm not a fan of the GOMAD since there are often 2 problems with it: most people can handle a glass of milk, but most people can't handle so much milk, and begin to have stomach problems. What I'm saying is that many people have at least some degree of lactose intolerance. And secondly, taking in such massive amounts of easy calories makes it very easy to overshoot your caloric goals, and thus gain too much fat. Imagine if someone made you eat only lean chicken breasts with no dressing or salt or anything... you'd have lots of trouble eating enough calories daily since the breasts are much harder to get down, you gotta chew them, they take room, they are boring etc. Milk is too easy, sugar, fat, liquid, delicious! especially if organic vitamin D kind.

eunuch
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby eunuch » Mar 17. 2013, 22:09

Kusok, should I buy all this dolce diet nonsense and buy the book?
And then he says, “Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shit,” and then he hung up the phone.

kusok
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby kusok » Mar 18. 2013, 00:28

eunuch wrote:Kusok, should I buy all this dolce diet nonsense and buy the book?

From what I hear it's nothing special. A number of our members here commented that it's a waste of money. I doubt we need a book to tell us to eat mostly whole foods etc. It's fairly obvious. I recommend simply using free internet to search any topic you're interested in, I respect opinions of Martin Berkhan, Lyle McDonald and Alan Aragon on sports nutrition.

superboomer23
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby superboomer23 » Mar 19. 2013, 10:40

eunuch wrote:Kusok, should I buy all this dolce diet nonsense and buy the book?

i have a book, to be honest, i got more useful info from this blog pages. do waste your money on it, not worth it.

eunuch
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby eunuch » Mar 21. 2013, 00:09

Thanks guys, the hype train is chuggin along HARD for dolcediet.

Return to “MMA Training & Bodybuilding”