Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

How to lose fat (easy guide and FAQ)

Discuss MMA training, nutrition, competing and getting in shape. Share MMA Training and bodybuilding videos. Introduce yourself!
Bubbleslahey
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Re: How to lose fat (easy guide and FAQ)

Postby Bubbleslahey » Apr 23. 2016, 19:28

Eggs, Eggs and more eggs. They're cheap, easy to eat and are the best form of protein. Anybody that's serious about putting on some serious muscle should do a dz every day for breakfast.

You might need to turn off AdBlock

Bubbleslahey
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby Bubbleslahey » Apr 23. 2016, 19:34

The absolute best way to lose body fat is the ECA stack. If you can buy it, which most legally can it does amazing things at burning fat. DMSO is possibly the only better fat burner known to man but unless you can afford new sheets every day and can deal with sweating that much stick to the ECA.

Loki
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Loki » Apr 23. 2016, 20:46

Bubbleslahey wrote:Eggs, Eggs and more eggs. They're cheap, easy to eat and are the best form of protein. Anybody that's serious about putting on some serious muscle should do a dz every day for breakfast.

Loki
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Loki » Apr 23. 2016, 20:46

Bubbleslahey wrote:Eggs, Eggs and more eggs. They're cheap, easy to eat and are the best form of protein. Anybody that's serious about putting on some serious muscle should do a dz every day for breakfast.

Bubbleslahey
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby Bubbleslahey » Apr 23. 2016, 20:54

Never had a problem with bad cholesterol. Bodybuilder for 12 years. 7 chemically enhanced. Other problems like small balls yes but they just hang there any way.

Hvacpro
WELTERW. CHAMP
WELTERW. CHAMP

Postby Hvacpro » Apr 24. 2016, 13:36

I call bullshit.... one cannot lift heavy and expect weight loss... derps..
Cheers to my Hater's, Be Patient, More to come.

Bubbleslahey
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby Bubbleslahey » Apr 24. 2016, 18:04

Hvacpro wrote:I call bullshit.... one cannot lift heavy and expect weight loss... derps..

What's a derp? Whenever I trained somebody I told them don't pay any attention at all to the weight you lift. I am going to drum into your head it's all form. If you can't lift the weight and have absolutely perfect form then don't lift it. They hear all of these fad "training methods" just like fad diets and people expand on their armchair quarterback theory of lifting that you only lift heavy when adding mass and lift light when cutting up. I personally maxed out my bench at 530. Squat 650 and leg press 2400 (could have done more but no more plates and all the extra space on the sled was taken up with dumbells) I would of course increase my weight when it was mass time and do less when it was cutting time but that also has to do with what portion of my cycle I was in. I'd be willing to bet that I can take a noob and have the same results of losing bodyfat and lifting heavy because they don't have a lot of muscle to work with and the muscle being gained will burn the fat which they will have a lot of. Muscle is our best fat burner. There are so many things to consider that a blanket statement doesn't cover everybody. I will make one blanket statement that does cover everybody that works out though. It is...When somebody asks you "How much you bench?" You reply "The question that matters is How much you squat?." If you're not putting as much effort on to legs as you are chest and bi's then take up tennis. It's more in tune with your level of machismo. :laugh

kusok
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby kusok » Apr 25. 2016, 10:15

Hvacpro wrote:I call bullshit.... one cannot lift heavy and expect weight loss... derps..

Weight loss or weight gain will depend on number of calories one eats VS number of calories one burns off/uses.

Lifting weights which are heavy for oneself simply helps with body composition (muscle/fat ratio etc.)

PakiFighter
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby PakiFighter » May 8. 2016, 02:10

Ive been on a very low carb ( 30g pr day ) diet now for two weeks. And Ive lost 12 kgs of fat, not muscle, FAT. Its called ketosis, you eat fat to burn fat. My protein intake is sufficient to maintain my muclemass. It works. Google it.

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Robert223 » May 8. 2016, 02:22

Go ahead then lift heavy and don't eat anything, I'm sure you'll get swole in no time...your stomach will at least. :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFQ0V8TcyvY&list=PLCEE01064AF877F81

mmrpink
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby mmrpink » May 8. 2016, 06:03

Theo wrote:Props for creating this thread. I will take the advice and see how it goes. :mrgreen:

Wow man I Love your AV

I know it has nothing to do with training but you already said what I would have said
There is no unique picture of reality. Stephen Hawking

1 Timothy 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

kusok
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby kusok » May 8. 2016, 07:18

PakiFighter wrote:Ive been on a very low carb ( 30g pr day ) diet now for two weeks. And Ive lost 12 kgs of fat, not muscle, FAT. Its called ketosis, you eat fat to burn fat. My protein intake is sufficient to maintain my muclemass. It works. Google it.

You lost mostly water weight (glycogen aka storage space of carbs in your body), which makes you look leaner. Fat loss without muscle loss is a long road. Such fast only fat loss results are not possible, even with drugs. Keto and other low carbs diets are fine for people who may need it due to very poor insulin sensitivity, or for people who don't care much for carbs and prefer a higher fat diet. Or for people who don't move much. Active athletes usually require more carbs. Majority of people start craving carbs soon. Be prepared for that. If you experience that and still try to stick with low carb diet, eat your carbs around the workout when insulin sensitivity is good. You may also need to carb up once a week if you start feeling depleted.

PakiFighter
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby PakiFighter » May 8. 2016, 08:00

I'm actually feeling fine. The first week I lost 6kg, water weight. After that Ive gone down 12 kgs. But I havent lost muscles, not a visible amount at least. The only carbs I get is from broccoli and califlower. My strenght is the same, but my endurance is not. According to my plan, I eat one meal outside my diet to refill the crabs each week..I don't feel very depleted, and I work out 7 times a week ( 3 days muay Thai, and 4 days weight training ).

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Robert223 » May 8. 2016, 08:18

kusok wrote:
PakiFighter wrote:Ive been on a very low carb ( 30g pr day ) diet now for two weeks. And Ive lost 12 kgs of fat, not muscle, FAT. Its called ketosis, you eat fat to burn fat. My protein intake is sufficient to maintain my muclemass. It works. Google it.

You lost mostly water weight (glycogen aka storage space of carbs in your body), which makes you look leaner. Fat loss without muscle loss is a long road. Such fast only fat loss results are not possible, even with drugs. Keto and other low carbs diets are fine for people who may need it due to very poor insulin sensitivity, or for people who don't care much for carbs and prefer a higher fat diet. Or for people who don't move much. Active athletes usually require more carbs. Majority of people start craving carbs soon. Be prepared for that. If you experience that and still try to stick with low carb diet, eat your carbs around the workout when insulin sensitivity is good. You may also need to carb up once a week if you start feeling depleted.

Tbh I felt awesome and made good performance gains both on 2 years paleo diet while training 6 hours a day and 4 years using moderate-high carb diets with about 4 hours of training per day. Both works just fine if you don't cheat and work hard as well as rest enough...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFQ0V8TcyvY&list=PLCEE01064AF877F81

Return to “MMA Training & Bodybuilding”