Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

How to lose fat (easy guide and FAQ)

Discuss MMA training, nutrition, competing and getting in shape. Share MMA Training and bodybuilding videos. Introduce yourself!
yodelling
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Re: How to lose fat (easy guide and FAQ)

Postby yodelling » Apr 17. 2014, 10:10

If I may add something to this very good thread, I've got one single tip: cut refined sugar out of your diet, along with industrially processed "foods", and if all else fails, SWIM... I only eat a little bit of honey with some breakfast items, and that's it for my sugar consumption during the day... I'm not that lean, but doing that and swimming 2.000+m 2-3 times a week, I've just watched my body fat drop significantly in the last 6 months and muscle tone return. BTW, I'm a long term vegetarian (and my diet isn't high protein, I just don't eat -crap- also because I avoid emulsifiers like the plague...).

Lastly, I think body types play a big influence on the results. I'm a mesomorph, I can get chubby over a period of extended inactivity, but as soon as I start exercising the fat goes away and the muscles return... I think it's difficult for ectomorphs and endomorphs to deal with muscle gain and weight loss...

STRYDG
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby STRYDG » Apr 24. 2014, 07:16

Hey guys. What advice would you have some trying to get your abs to show? Im already quite lean, just have a very thin layer of fat preventing the abs showing naturally (need to suck in a push to show). Doesn't help my ribs stick out a little so I would never have a totally flat torso. Currently I eat quite well, a small bit of cardio and hit weights, all my muscle groups once a week. So would the main thing be to cut a small bit of calories out to get the last of that fat out?

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Robert223 » Apr 24. 2014, 09:04

STRYDG wrote:Hey guys. What advice would you have some trying to get your abs to show? Im already quite lean, just have a very thin layer of fat preventing the abs showing naturally (need to suck in a push to show). Doesn't help my ribs stick out a little so I would never have a totally flat torso. Currently I eat quite well, a small bit of cardio and hit weights, all my muscle groups once a week. So would the main thing be to cut a small bit of calories out to get the last of that fat out?

You answered it yourself.
Lose more fat by reducing calories.

Of course it helps a little to gain muscle mass, if you are after looking good only, but the main thing is to shred that last bit of fat.
It's not sustainable for a long time though to be super lean.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFQ0V8TcyvY&list=PLCEE01064AF877F81

Fasut
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Fasut » May 9. 2014, 18:50

I know I'm so so late and for that I'm sorry.
All I want to say is thank you, kusok! I started to look for a good method to lose fat. Well it all started in this thread. Starting Strength is an awesome beginners' program. From here on I started doing my own research which I would advise everyone to do for themselves to see what works and what does not.
So thank you kusok for bringing me on the right way.
Lost around 22lbs during the last months while my lifts went up (yeah noob gains but whatevs).

kusok
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby kusok » May 10. 2014, 21:08

Fasut wrote:I know I'm so so late and for that I'm sorry.
All I want to say is thank you, kusok! I started to look for a good method to lose fat. Well it all started in this thread. Starting Strength is an awesome beginners' program. From here on I started doing my own research which I would advise everyone to do for themselves to see what works and what does not.
Lost around 22lbs during the last months while my lifts went up (yeah noob gains but whatevs).

Don't mention it. It's a pleasure to have been of help. Congrats on your progress!

vstipic23
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby vstipic23 » Jul 18. 2014, 13:57

kusok wrote:
Fasut wrote:I know I'm so so late and for that I'm sorry.

Don't mention it. It's a pleasure to have been of help. Congrats on your progress!

Who knew this diabolical Fedor fan would turn out to be one of the site's biggest contributors.

Well, I kinda knew... ;)
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness.

Kazparov
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Kazparov » Nov 5. 2014, 09:15

Is Kusok still around and watching this thread? I had a couple more questions for him....
"If I wanted to kill myself I'd climb to the top of your ignorance and jump down to your iq. When stupid goes up to 5 dollars a barrel I'd love to have the drilling rights to your head"
Thundertiger

kusok
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby kusok » Nov 16. 2014, 22:24

Kazparov wrote:Is Kusok still around and watching this thread? I had a couple more questions for him....

Hey man. Sure. I'm here.

thevillain
Dr. Octagon
Dr. Octagon

Postby thevillain » Nov 17. 2014, 08:25

kusok wrote:
Kazparov wrote:Is Kusok still around and watching this thread? I had a couple more questions for him....

Hey man. Sure. I'm here.

Hey Bro,nice to see you around again,especially with the new banner :D You deserve that man !!! :loveyou
Appreciate your presence :like
ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ มิวราด

Vance Rezak
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Vance Rezak » Feb 23. 2015, 18:20

Thank you, I am going to follow your advice, need to lose about 30 pounds and gain upper body strength. Appreciate it.
When man goes anywhere, even into outer space, he takes all his bad habits with him. Even politics. Come to think of it, especially politics

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Postby Kizzo » Feb 25. 2015, 22:20

Excellent thread post. Will give this a shot and see how it goes.

rvafighter
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby rvafighter » Jul 13. 2015, 12:36

great advice! good post

metasteve
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby metasteve » Sep 22. 2015, 06:34

very comprehensible and simple. love it.

benton
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby benton » Sep 22. 2015, 06:46

what about excess protein damaging kidneys. 1gm-1.5gm/lb is a lot to filter out and might not be optimal for long term kidney health, even if slightly better for muscle mass.

Return to “MMA Training & Bodybuilding”