Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS DISCUSSION THREAD

Discuss MMA training, nutrition, competing and getting in shape. Share MMA Training and bodybuilding videos. Introduce yourself!
Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Re: DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS DISCUSSION THREAD

Postby Robert223 » Dec 2. 2014, 02:32

thevillain wrote:...my intention is...to express myself the way i want to...

That's what posers do as well. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFQ0V8TcyvY&list=PLCEE01064AF877F81

RICH_DOGPAIL
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP
Location: DOGPAIL INDUSTRIES: A legendary movement run by Phteves

Postby RICH_DOGPAIL » Dec 3. 2014, 07:11

Robert223 wrote:

I hear theres a supplement for that

Gustavo
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby Gustavo » Dec 3. 2014, 12:39

RICH_DOGPAIL wrote:
Robert223 wrote:

I hear theres a supplement for that

Alpha Brain. Made exclusively for keyboard warriors.
BOSS EVENT THREADS WILL BE MADE BY MANTIS DUE TO POPULARITY UNTIL THE END OF TIME.

MajorBA
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby MajorBA » Dec 4. 2014, 03:38

A multivitamin, a good pre workout supp. And some post workout whey protein are the only supplements any fighter or strength trainer might want to invest in. Maybe some thermogenics if you're cutting. Everything else is a waist of money.
"Posts not seen can never be recalled."-MajorBA

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Robert223 » Dec 4. 2014, 04:40

MajorBA wrote:A multivitamin, a good pre workout supp. And some post workout whey protein are the only supplements any fighter or strength trainer might want to invest in. Maybe some thermogenics if you're cutting. Everything else is a waist of money.

Creatine, probiotics, enzymes, etc...

MajorBA
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby MajorBA » Dec 4. 2014, 05:06

Robert223 wrote:
MajorBA wrote:A multivitamin, a good pre workout supp. And some post workout whey protein are the only supplements any fighter or strength trainer might want to invest in. Maybe some thermogenics if you're cutting. Everything else is a waist of money.

Most good multis these days contain probiotics which you can find in foods anyway. Creatine in the preworkout, and in some whey products.
Most quality whey proteins contain digestive enzymes.
No need to buy the goodies seperate anymore. You can get all of your volumizing and Nitric Oxide boosters right along with your stimulants and focus factors in a modestly priced preworkout.
3 products and you have it all.
There is actually one food that contains significant enough Creatine in it to get the volumizing benefit and ATP increase from.
It's herring. The fish. There's about 5g in a can of smoked Herring if you can stomach it. Plus protein and Omegas 3 fatty acids.

RICH_DOGPAIL
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby RICH_DOGPAIL » Dec 4. 2014, 17:03

MajorBA wrote:
Robert223 wrote:

Most good multis these days contain probiotics which you can find in foods anyway. Creatine in the preworkout, and in some whey products.
No need to buy the goodies seperate anymore. You can get all of your volumizing and Nitric Oxide boosters right along with your stimulants and focus factors in a modestly priced preworkout.
There is actually one food that contains significant enough Creatine in it to get the volumizing benefit and ATP increase from.
It's herring. The fish. There's about 5g in a can of smoked Herring if you can stomach it. Plus protein and Omegas 3 fatty acids.

R u just taking training or general health? Cuz probiotics are needed in much higher quantities depending on health concern.... health concern free, youre prolly right re: food and added to multi

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Robert223 » Dec 4. 2014, 17:12

MajorBA wrote:
Robert223 wrote:

I still prefer to get the cleanest and highest quality tested single ingredient products, and when talking probiotics and enzymes I mean high quantities.

MajorBA
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby MajorBA » Dec 4. 2014, 17:35

It's herring. The fish. There's about 5g in a can of smoked Herring if you can stomach it. Plus protein and Omegas 3 fatty acids.[/quote]

R u just taking training or general health? Cuz probiotics are needed in much higher quantities depending on health concern.... health concern free, youre prolly right re: food and added to multi[/quote]

No healthy individual needs supplements at all. They have been conditioned to believe so through clever marketing tactics. There are benefits to taking some things to increase strength, muscle mass, endurance, recovery time, energy, vasodilation, and boost immune response, but most of the effects are minimal and short lasting.
A high protein intake and calorie intake that is in line with a persons fitness goals is the key.
Everything one really needs is in food.
It is interesting that recent studies suggest that taking vitamins does not play any significant role in life longevity or overall health in normal subjects. People are waisting loads of money on supplements that are not doing anything for them that cannot be achieved through proper diet and exercise. It's a huge industry with tons of advertising money being pumped into propaganda to make athletes believe they need this stuff to be their best. Most of it is a gimmick.
I have blown a lot of money over the years, having fallen victim to the hype. I've learned from my mistakes.

RICH_DOGPAIL
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby RICH_DOGPAIL » Dec 4. 2014, 18:28

... food is not what it used to be, might wanna recheck that research.

I agree rob.... I use probiotics and enzymes with great success... they're not in combo

I agree BA that there's a lot of marketing for performance and such. I'm more keen on supplements for health concerns rather than performance enhancing.

Gustavo
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby Gustavo » Dec 5. 2014, 18:15

Bought the best protein supplement ever. PROTELLA!
BOSS EVENT THREADS WILL BE MADE BY MANTIS DUE TO POPULARITY UNTIL THE END OF TIME.

RICH_DOGPAIL
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby RICH_DOGPAIL » Dec 5. 2014, 22:10

Gustavo wrote:Bought the best protein supplement ever. PROTELLA!

I like you Gus, but u need a new AV.... its just not you, that dudes not gangster enough :D

Now that youre on protella, you need something bad ass!!!

Gustavo
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby Gustavo » Dec 6. 2014, 07:32

It's just like...I love rap! And Yung Lean & Friends are in my favorite list.

phpBB [video]

But whatever you say King DOGPAIL! I will change it.

BTW GUYS NEVER BUY PROTELLA CUZ U GONNA DRINK IT LIKE WATER.

RICH_DOGPAIL
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby RICH_DOGPAIL » Dec 6. 2014, 11:08

Much better... well played Gus! :D

Return to “MMA Training & Bodybuilding”