Fights by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS | MMAUP

DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS DISCUSSION THREAD

Discuss MMA training, nutrition, competing and getting in shape. Share MMA Training and bodybuilding videos. Introduce yourself!
MajorBA
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Re: DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS DISCUSSION THREAD

Postby MajorBA » Feb 5. 2016, 18:17

??? ???
Anyone have a review of the new Pro Series Muscletech Alphatest? I can't find much on the net except reviews of the original formula.
????? Hello????
Apparently I'm the only one here that's blown money on test boosters that don't raise levels high enough to have a significant effect on body composition, yet these things are flying off the shelves faster than Skittles. I guess I'm the only person who has tried to regain some youth or pack on some muscle and tried some of these products. OK, y'all keep on pretending that you don't know what I'm talking about.. :oops:
"If they will play fair I will play fair, but if they won't then I reserve all my rights to do anything I find myself able to do."-William Howard Taft

"We can't cure stupid, but we can alleviate it's symptoms."-MajorBA

mmrpink
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby mmrpink » Mar 5. 2016, 01:16

Anyone use ONIT supplement's, I would like some feed back if its any good?
There is no unique picture of reality. Stephen Hawking

1 Timothy 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Jason Bourne
WELTERW. CHAMP
WELTERW. CHAMP

Postby Jason Bourne » Sep 23. 2016, 07:22

Thats great

VincentJVera
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby VincentJVera » Feb 2. 2017, 12:29

It's not the most healthy option but it works..  

kusok
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby kusok » Feb 23. 2017, 02:28

I gotta admit some supplements really do work:

multi-vitamin - prevents possible nutritional deficiencies. 
Magnesium - most people's diet lacks it, and multis don't have much of it in them
Calcium - see above
Fish oil - multiple proven benefits. You can skip it if you eat fatty fish several times per week.
Vitamin D - if your blood test shows it to be low, take it. May help with mood also in the winter.
Probiotics - strong anecdotal evidence of multiple benefits
Joint Supplements - if you have joint pain or some other similar situation, this can help a lot.
Creatine - clinically proven to work for recovery etc.
BCAA - if you train in a fasted state, or dieting, this may help diminish muscle loss 

L-Glutamine and liquid Silver supplements need further trials. Anecdotal evidence is too strong to ignore. There is definitely something to Silver, there is almost zero doubt. People use it to treat various conditions. Glutamine, when combined with Vitamin C is anecdotally super effective against a starting cold. This needs further trails. Take 3g glutamine with 500 vitamin C SEVERAL TIMES PER DAY at the first sign of a cold, and report back if anything happened... Next time you get a cold, try taking silver, several teaspoons through the day. There is another beastly super strong supplement called Sinupret. It's a monster when it comes to helping a cold or a congestion. And it's just herbs. 

dualdiagnosis
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby dualdiagnosis » Jul 10. 2017, 13:33

mmrpink wrote:Anyone use ONIT supplement's, I would like some feed back if its any good?

Same here, curious as to real world benefits, if any.

MajorBA
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby MajorBA » Jul 31. 2017, 13:35

Has anyone here tried any SARMs (Selective androgen receptor modulators) or know much about them? DO they really work like they are touted?  Are they really a safe (safer) alternative to steroids?  Are they currently legal to purchase in U.S.?  I'm running into a lot of conflicting information on the internet in my research of these.
"If they will play fair I will play fair, but if they won't then I reserve all my rights to do anything I find myself able to do."-William Howard Taft

Raven X
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby Raven X » Jul 27. 2018, 08:32

kusok wrote:
kusok wrote:I gotta admit some supplements really do work:

multi-vitamin - prevents possible nutritional deficiencies. 
Magnesium - most people's diet lacks it, and multis don't have much of it in them
Calcium - see above
Fish oil - multiple proven benefits. You can skip it if you eat fatty fish several times per week.
Vitamin D - if your blood test shows it to be low, take it. May help with mood also in the winter.
Probiotics - strong anecdotal evidence of multiple benefits
Joint Supplements - if you have joint pain or some other similar situation, this can help a lot.
Creatine - clinically proven to work for recovery etc.
BCAA - if you train in a fasted state, or dieting, this may help diminish muscle loss 

L-Glutamine and liquid Silver supplements need further trials. Anecdotal evidence is too strong to ignore. There is definitely something to Silver, there is almost zero doubt. People use it to treat various conditions. Glutamine, when combined with Vitamin C is anecdotally super effective against a starting cold. This needs further trails. Take 3g glutamine with 500 vitamin C SEVERAL TIMES PER DAY at the first sign of a cold, and report back if anything happened... Next time you get a cold, try taking silver, several teaspoons through the day. There is another beastly super strong supplement called Sinupret. It's a monster when it comes to helping a cold or a congestion. And it's just herbs. 

I just had a nasty cold coming that's been making the rounds where I live and I used 1g of Vitamin C first thing in the morning with 1g of Glutamine and 1g of Taurine. Repeated for a total of 3 times per day for 3 days and all symptoms are gone. No cold. I feel great. I worked out through all 3 days with no issues (but avoided cardio). 

Previously, I'd only ever tried high doses of Vitamin C with mixed results, usually just delaying the cold. 

It's just anecdotal and it's the first time it's worked for me, but I'll be repeating the same thing next time I get one. 

Also, Taurine has helped me with insomnia in a way I couldn't have imagined. Take some half and hour before bed and my entire CNS goes full relax mode. 

As far as supplements I take in addition to those above:

Fish Oils
Vitamin B6 & 12 (metabolism of fats and B12 for energy)
Zinc before bed (increases natural testosterone slightly, never take it at the same time as Iron)
Iron (I have low iron)
Creatine (every day all year)
Whey Protein on days I don't get enough in my diet

I find all of the above work to an extent, some more noticeably than others.  

Raven X
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby Raven X » Jul 27. 2018, 09:04

MajorBA wrote:Has anyone here tried any SARMs (Selective androgen receptor modulators) or know much about them? DO they really work like they are touted?  Are they really a safe (safer) alternative to steroids?  Are they currently legal to purchase in U.S.?  I'm running into a lot of conflicting information on the internet in my research of these.

Yeah, I've tried Ostarine. I have a lot more experience with AAS's than SARM's but I can tell you some differences and try help with your questions.
1. SARMs are different in that they target a specific function, such as Ostarine with prevents muscle break down when dieting and in higher doses can help put on lean muscle mass. There are SARMs that specifically help lose weight, where as some anabolics are great for this (trenbolone, equipoise, winstrol, primabolin and masterone to lesser extents) others not so much (dianabol, anadrol, haleston). So if I was say an MMA fighter looking to maintain as much muscle while dieting down like a mother fucker, my safest product to use would be Ostarine, a SARM because it will do the job in keeping my current lean muscle while I lose fat and water weight. 
2. SARMs appear to have less side effects, but keep in mind they've only been studied for a couple of decades, where as something like testosterone has been for over half a century. So side effects may still be to be determined with SARMs. The most appealing safety with SARMs is that they are orals, not injections in most cases and unlike every oral steroid have zero hepetatoxibilty, meaning they won't f**k up your liver. That's a huge plus for people scared of using needles, or you know...fucking up their liver. 
3. So far SARMs appear to be the clear winner here, but here's something to consider...they won't fix the problem that men use testosterone for legit TRT purposes. Nor will they give you the benefits of testosterone aside from muscle retention/growth. If you've never taken testosterone before, it's like nothing else. The first time I was too young to really know what I was doing and didn't get the full benefits, fast forward to 3 years ago when I found myself 300+ lbs, troubles breathing from walking short distances and probably on the verge of death. I start using just testosterone and within a week I could jog on my treadmill for a half an hour without losing my breath and when I got off I had no muscle pain. I felt like I had never been on it and could get right back on again. I got a feeling of euphoria like I was on top of the world. I could smell my wifes pussy from 50 feet away and wanted it every hour on the hour. Hard on's for days. Strong as f**k. Stamina like crazy because one of the effects is your body produces huge amounts of red blood cells allowing you to take in more oxygen to the muscles. It helped with my digestive system which had never been regular (not sure how, but it just did). None of these effects will happen from SARMs as they specifically just effect muscle fiber and bone. So if you're looking for these other benefits, testosterone is king, but can only be injected, requires anti-estrogen in most men and a post cycle recovery plan (all stuff that's easy to learn and do responsibly).
4. SARMs are not going to make you look like Ronnie Coleman. If you're looking to get super huge and you're not using anything else, no steroids or peptides, they will only take you so far. Where as stacking testosterone with trenbolone and Anadrol could put 20-30 lbs on a healthy male in 1-2 months easily and you'd be stronger than with SARMs. 
5. Benefit to SARMs is they are multifunctional. Ostarine can be used to bulking up muscle or cutting and getting shredded. Most steroids are better for one than the other, and some almost useless for more than one. 
6. Although it has happened in some males, SARMs generally do not cause bitch tits, water bloating, natural testosterone will go down but should not totally tank, acne or hair loss. Like I said, some men have had these issues, although it's a small percentage and the methodology that's taking place isn't fully understood. They do not seem to require a post therapy plan to get your balls going again, since they don't directly effect hormone levels significantly. 
7. Legality depends on your state and how smart you are. Most labs can sell the SARMs to you if it's an agreement between you and they that you are only using them for research purposes, not for yourself or for any other animal or human being (wink wink). If you agree to that, you can order them in most states. If I were you, I'd set up an excel sheet with some stats on the SARMs you order, their strength and some bullshit about what happened when you boiled the compounds down, just in case any law enforcement ever did find it's way in to your place (very unlikely, but there's nothing wrong with being safe). 
8. Price - Depends on your source, but SARMs aren't cheap. For gaining big muscle mass, you'd want to take 25-30 mgs of Ostarine daily and that supply could run you $100-300 a month depending on how badly you're getting ass fucked by your supplier. Steroids in general are cheaper unless you're going for rare ones like Anavar or Primo, which are expensive to make and rare in legit form. There is the additional costs of anti-estrogens (which I'd always recommend with steroids including just testosterone anything above 200mg's per week) and the post cycle recovery drugs you'll need. 
9. Injecting steroids can be done very safely, and there are several ways to avoid losing your balls or ability to produce your own testosterone etc. It's a matter of taking the time to educate yourself and watch out for yourself vs being reckless. There's finasteride to prevent hair loss etc. 
10. One can "blast and cruise" on steroids by using TRT level testosterone year around and adding stronger steroids for a month or so a couple of times a year, I would not recommend doing this with SARMs as it is recommended you do not run SARMs for more than 6-8 weeks with 4 weeks off to recover afterwards. In general it's better to cycle with either, but something to note if you plan on running gear all year. 
Final note: I am only supplying this information as my own personal experiences, I am neither suggesting or promoting anyone does or does not take SARMs or anabolic steroids as I believe adult humans have the freedom of choice to take any risks involved if they so chose whether legal or health risks. 

Raven X
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby Raven X » Jul 27. 2018, 09:33

MajorBA wrote:??? ???
Anyone have a review of the new Pro Series Muscletech Alphatest?  I can't find much on the net except reviews of the original formula.
?????  Hello????
Apparently I'm the only one here that's blown money on test boosters that don't raise levels high enough to have a significant effect on body composition, yet these things are flying off the shelves faster than Skittles.  I guess I'm the only person who has tried to regain some youth or pack on some muscle and tried some of these products.   OK, y'all keep on pretending that you don't know what I'm talking about.. :oops:

Testosterone boosters are like you said..most do not work at all (smilax officianalis, ginger, ashwagandga etc.) and others that can have some limited success (tribulus terrestris, magnesium/zinc/vit b6 otherwise known as ZMA etc) will only boost it enough to notice some of the mild side effects such as acne, potentially some increased libido. There will not be near the amount of test boost you'd need for muscle gains. If you're just looking to get a bit of a libido boost and maybe some more erections you could try ZMA with tribulus. I've heard that there's zero medical background to support tribulus but I've experienced the acne and sweaty glands, more erections usually associated with higher test when taking it in higher doses. I also go stomach cramps, so it's a trade off. ZMA on the other hand does have some studies to show that it's helped with endurance athlete's performance. But not muscle mass increases. 
IMO they are a waste of money if you're looking to build muscle mass. You're better off spending that money on quality food that will be way more likely to add muscle to your body like lean turkey and chicken. 

MajorBA
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby MajorBA » Jul 27. 2018, 10:54

Raven X wrote:
MajorBA wrote:??? ???
Anyone have a review of the new Pro Series Muscletech Alphatest?  I can't find much on the net except reviews of the original formula.
?????  Hello????
Apparently I'm the only one here that's blown money on test boosters that don't raise levels high enough to have a significant effect on body composition, yet these things are flying off the shelves faster than Skittles.  I guess I'm the only person who has tried to regain some youth or pack on some muscle and tried some of these products.   OK, y'all keep on pretending that you don't know what I'm talking about.. :oops:

Testosterone boosters are like you said..most do not work at all (smilax officianalis, ginger, ashwagandga etc.) and others that can have some limited success (tribulus terrestris, magnesium/zinc/vit b6 otherwise known as ZMA etc) will only boost it enough to notice some of the mild side effects such as acne, potentially some increased libido. There will not be near the amount of test boost you'd need for muscle gains. If you're just looking to get a bit of a libido boost and maybe some more erections you could try ZMA with tribulus. I've heard that there's zero medical background to support tribulus but I've experienced the acne and sweaty glands, more erections usually associated with higher test when taking it in higher doses. I also go stomach cramps, so it's a trade off. ZMA on the other hand does have some studies to show that it's helped with endurance athlete's performance. But not muscle mass increases. 
IMO they are a waste of money if you're looking to build muscle mass. You're better off spending that money on quality food that will be way more likely to add muscle to your body like lean turkey and chicken. 

Good posts.  Thanks Raven X.

Return to “MMA Training & Bodybuilding”