Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS DISCUSSION THREAD

Discuss MMA training, nutrition, competing and getting in shape. Share MMA Training and bodybuilding videos. Introduce yourself!
vstipic23
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS DISCUSSION THREAD

Postby vstipic23 » Feb 12. 2010, 08:29

Hello guys (and girls).

I can see that the General training section is getting clogged with the same type of threads.

How can I lose weight? How can I gain weight? What is the best whey protein? How much calories should I ingest to lose or gain weight...

Now, I won't tell you not to do it anymore because of this thread. The subject is far too diverse to be completely covered in one thread alone...

However, if many of your advices come into it, new members with same questions will be able to read them before they post the same question, saving me and you time from reading the same things over and over again.

Thanks for contributing in advance, all of you that post here and contribute directly have a special place in my heart.

So... Ask and receive answers here. And of course, have fun. :D

You might need to turn off AdBlock

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness.

00Buckshot
MIDDLEW. CHAMP
MIDDLEW. CHAMP

Re: DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS DISCUSSION THREAD

Postby 00Buckshot » Feb 12. 2010, 09:04

Good idea, the general training needed this.

I want to warn everyone to avoid a certain multi-vitamen brand.

I felt that all multi-vitamens were pretty much the same, so I decided to try one of the cheapest brands sold. I tried the common Wal-Mart brand called "Equate" vitamens. I bought these in Montreal, and they caused me some serious stomach pain, even when taken with lots of food and water. I asked my girl friend to try one and she had major stomach pains too.

I did some research and there are people with similar claims about Equate brand....So dont go too cheap with your multi-vitamen supplement.

I switched to Centrum brand vitamens and havent had any problems since then.

croZadar
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby croZadar » Feb 16. 2010, 19:53

Natural is the way to go.

Pop in some eggs, milk, blueberries or any other fruits that u like, and blend it all together. Gives u protein and doesn't make u fat, if u workout regularly.

If u wanna go a bit bigger, try out some protein supplements, weigh etc...see if it makes a big difference in a couple months. I tried a few, it did make a difference but not thaaat much. If i take a break from working out (for a few months), then when i get back into it i usually go on some protein supplements, just to help me pump up a bit faster. Then i go off them and go natural. It's healthier.

If you're really wanting to get fast results, and are thinking about "steroids", then be prepared to have side effects later in life or even instantly, and also make sure you are fine with your penis getting smaller as one of the side effects haha. That's what i heard happens. So yah, stay away from them.

sonoffedor
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby sonoffedor » Feb 17. 2010, 18:35

i use hydroxycut hardcore by muscletech for trimming down and revving my metabolism, n protiens a funny 1... the good 1's are all designed for different purposes, be it fast growth of lean gains. quality makes all the difference.. i prefer a WPI (cos its absorbed better than normal protien cos its broken down already..) with added amino acid complex ( to absorb the protien n nutrients into the muscle tissue, no use havn mass protien if ya iant gonnna absorb it!) and multivitimin n minerals (all essential building blocks). also look for low carb + sugar... unless u wanna be all puffy.. once again, qualitys the go.. do ya research!

Charlie Kelly
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby Charlie Kelly » Feb 19. 2010, 16:38

I drink milk
:|

and beer

Vlimmen
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Vlimmen » Feb 19. 2010, 16:41

Charlie Kelly wrote:I drink milk
:|

and beer

I also drink beer and water no milk for me :mrgreen:
Watch with your pants off and a tub full of vaseline, what do I care you what you do in your mum's basement. "The Voice" Michael Schiavello

MustardCuttah
HEAVYW. CHAMP
HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby MustardCuttah » Feb 22. 2010, 19:12

lol at Buck using his gf as a hamster! Haha top stuff man!

jwest007
MIDDLEW. CHAMP
MIDDLEW. CHAMP

Postby jwest007 » Feb 23. 2010, 05:01

its suggested you take in 1 gram of protein per lb in bodyweight i stick with optimum nutrition 100% whey its not too expensive if you shop around or if i have the time i go to costco and buy eas cause its about 12 bucks cheaper

Vlimmen
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Vlimmen » Feb 23. 2010, 07:24

jwest007 wrote:its suggested you take in 1 gram of protein per lb in bodyweight i stick with optimum nutrition 100% whey its not too expensive if you shop around or if i have the time i go to costco and buy eas cause its about 12 bucks cheaper

thats alot of protein I don't even come close to that I even have trouble reaching 1 gram of protein for each kg
Watch with your pants off and a tub full of vaseline, what do I care you what you do in your mum's basement. "The Voice" Michael Schiavello

jwest007
MIDDLEW. CHAMP
MIDDLEW. CHAMP

Postby jwest007 » Feb 23. 2010, 13:51

Vlimmen wrote:
jwest007 wrote:its suggested you take in 1 gram of protein per lb in bodyweight i stick with optimum nutrition 100% whey its not too expensive if you shop around or if i have the time i go to costco and buy eas cause its about 12 bucks cheaper

thats alot of protein I don't even come close to that I even have trouble reaching 1 gram of protein for each kg

well you acheive this through your diet also 1 chicken breast is 20+ grams along with lean beef and fish im trying to master this myself and get about 175 grams a day its not as hard as you think if you know or start paying attention to what your eating because you can figure out how much protein to suppliment

Vlimmen
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Vlimmen » Feb 23. 2010, 14:57

jwest007 wrote:
Vlimmen wrote:

well you acheive this through your diet also 1 chicken breast is 20+ grams along with lean beef and fish im trying to master this myself and get about 175 grams a day its not as hard as you think if you know or start paying attention to what your eating because you can figure out how much protein to suppliment

i would need around 200 atm normally I don't even come close

joed777
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby joed777 » Feb 27. 2010, 13:57

The nutrition course I took recommended .5-.7 grams per pound of bodyweight for active athletes. Extra protein that's not used is extra calories which turns into fat, albeit bodybuilders will up it to 1-1.5 grams per pound and I'm pretty sure they know what works best with their bodies. Optimum nutrition is the best whey protein out, its won protein of the year a couple times, bodybuilding.com is a good source and is relatively cheap. Personally I've always been a fan of Syntha 6 by BSN, takes like cake lol

jwest007
MIDDLEW. CHAMP
MIDDLEW. CHAMP

Postby jwest007 » Feb 27. 2010, 16:05

joed777 wrote:The nutrition course I took recommended .5-.7 grams per pound of bodyweight for active athletes. Extra protein that's not used is extra calories which turns into fat, albeit bodybuilders will up it to 1-1.5 grams per pound and I'm pretty sure they know what works best with their bodies. Optimum nutrition is the best whey protein out, its won protein of the year a couple times, bodybuilding.com is a good source and is relatively cheap. Personally I've always been a fan of Syntha 6 by BSN, takes like cake lol

i got the 1 gram of protein per pound from optimum nutrition protein guide and has worked out really well for me i gained 7 pounds of lean muscle in about 2 weeks or less by doing this with using optimum nutrition 100% whey gold standard and watching my protein intake through my diet and as far as bsn goes n.o. explode has to be by far the best pre workout supplement out because on days i dont even feel like working out i take that and im ready to go out and train without getting a headache or feeling sick

joed777
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby joed777 » Feb 27. 2010, 16:35

[/quote]
i got the 1 gram of protein per pound from optimum nutrition protein guide and has worked out really well for me i gained 7 pounds of lean muscle in about 2 weeks or less by doing this with using optimum nutrition 100% whey gold standard and watching my protein intake through my diet and as far as bsn goes n.o. explode has to be by far the best pre workout supplement out because on days i dont even feel like working out i take that and im ready to go out and train without getting a headache or feeling sick[/quote]

Ha yea, X-plode works great, I've been off it for a while just taking Nitrix right now. Not sure if you have used Gaspari's SuperPump 250, but that stuff works really well, less jittery for me.

Return to “MMA Training & Bodybuilding”