Follow by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

widows jiujitsu log

Discuss MMA training, nutrition, competing and getting in shape. Share MMA Training and bodybuilding videos. Introduce yourself!
WIDOW
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

widows jiujitsu log

Postby WIDOW » Nov 10. 2009, 01:01

so today was nice. unfortunately kurt was gone so we didnt get to do any standup, but we had a fill in teacher and we worked on a knee slicer pass from the gaurd and then variations of the darce choke. i need a bigger gi i think im gonna switch to a complete a4 size.

yeah thats the ticket.

i also got a triangle today i was pretty pround of. i ended up getting a sweep and than passing to half and than passing to mount high and was working for an armbar but my opponent was blocking the attempts by grabbing onto both of his lapels. tricky tricky. so i went for an armbar anyway on the right side which he saw coming a mile away and sat up for the swseep but landed right in my triangle for the finish. i was very happy about that one today!

unfortunately i caqnt find any videos of the pass i was working on but heres a few of the darce chokes we worked on today

You might need to turn off AdBlock

WIDOW
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby WIDOW » Nov 11. 2009, 00:09

well today was pretty brutal. i have two different new breed insructers and today was eben kaneshiros day and he does these drills at the begginning of class and they are killer and todays drills weent even that bad but im so out of shape lately that they were really killer :x

so we started off with a pummelling drill and then moved on to o soto gari throws from the pummel. i love judo throws! wonderful stuff. than we moved onto a couple of nameless sweeps and than a very bizarre choke which i A. dont have the dexterity for and B. will probably never even attempt in a real roll but they were fun to learn. then we rolled for about an hour and i lost many many times to one of my buddies whos been in class with me for a long time. its cool though i was glad to see hes been improving.

WIDOW
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby WIDOW » Nov 14. 2009, 18:01

i always ask for the names but they never know what theyre called either

Exhaust Depot
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby Exhaust Depot » Nov 15. 2009, 04:15

Yeah i feel you. At my BJJ school we learn sweeps etc and its some funky name and im like Huh? I think each school should come up with their own training book that shows the movies that are tought in each curriculum so we can study at home and learn the names of the moves too, itst not like they are easy names!

WIDOW
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby WIDOW » Nov 15. 2009, 14:43

ya chris woolford is the old instructer at my academy and he has his own words for positions. like triangle setups are called the "kill zone"

WIDOW
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby WIDOW » Nov 17. 2009, 20:05

not muvh today becaue i hurt myself a little bit doing sweeps. but the move i was working on today was the butterfly sweep.

WIDOW
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby WIDOW » Nov 20. 2009, 21:31

my back was still hurt today so i only did the sweep excercises

flower sweep and butterfly sweep!

WIDOW
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby WIDOW » Nov 24. 2009, 13:11

so i didnt go to jiujitsu class today because i rolled in my buddies house all drunk the night before and hurt myself. got for submissions though!

smothering choke

rear naked choke

neck crank from back

and a triangle choke

Sasori
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby Sasori » Nov 24. 2009, 14:52

Lol, i wish i was out for just being drunk. Do your friends train BJJ?

Search-Destroy
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Search-Destroy » Nov 24. 2009, 16:01

I've been rolling with my friends too. Last night I alternated between my brother and a friend and I had sore abs and chest already so it sucked, but I tapped them out with an arm bar, two arm triangles, triangle choke, and a couple key locks, it was fun.

PooSmear
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby PooSmear » Nov 24. 2009, 16:32

I dont like to grapple without a cup... But my back is all better so im gonna be tapping people a lot tonight during grappling :) last friday I tapped everyone at least once and we did 10 min rounds, even people like 40 lbs heavier than me I didnt have a problem with... I also was out wrestling everyone which was a surprise to me...

WIDOW
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby WIDOW » Nov 28. 2009, 18:27

you know they say that if you dont get destroyed in class than your game is seriously suffering. a good jiu jitsu practitioner needs people he can beat and people who can destroy him in order to get better. if your so much better than everyone in your class than id suggest you find another class becuase that shit will only weaken your game exponentially

WIDOW
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby WIDOW » Nov 28. 2009, 18:34

class today with eben kaneshiro. we worked a step by step today. first we did single leg take downs to the weak side and then into side control. from there we worked on a knee to belly technique! (hate that shit) then we worked on setting up for the arm triangle from the opposite side that your gonna attempt the finish on and cartwheeling to the other side for the finish. sounds technical and acrobatic but its actually not. it comes pretty naturally from the position that you start in! then did some rolls! i just worked on combat base really because i was injured and then rolled with a purple belt who had a knee injury so we took things light. i was actually rather enjoyable. i got to see ebven roll with one of the purple belts and it was very entertaining. watching someone who rolls at a higher level than i probably ever will is very humbling. i fell privelaged to work with such a group tallented individuals. in my class we have 2 black belts 1 brown belt around 6 purpl;e belts a few blue belts and several high level white belts. i guess there is even more talent at the california academy with chris woolford and rodrigo renieri always teaching there! every day is a fantasitc learning opportunity for me

Return to “MMA Training & Bodybuilding”