Fights by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS | MMAUP

Fights to make after UFC 225 according to JM Barrie

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.
JM Barrie
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Fights to make after UFC 225 according to JM Barrie

Postby JM Barrie » Jun 11. 2018, 05:27

ImageMW Champion Aussie
VS
Image #2 LHW Swiss

Now hear me out on this one.
Robert is injured again.  He broke his hand and maybe his forearm.  He will be out for awhile.  While he is out Volkan is going to be dealing with his court case because he was a bad boy.  Volkan showed that as a Swiss he has no wrestling.  I was surprised by his run in the UFC because I watched live his fight in Bellator VS Anundson.  You could tell his ground game was nowhere top notch.   LHW is a weak division atm but I think that with his limit ground game he wont be a champion with little size advantage.  Give him a nice size advantage and then we can tak about winning a belt.
Plus its not like he's on his deathbed during weigh ins.  He got so side fat going on:)

Image #12 HW Aussie
VS
Image #14 HW American

Tai is coming off a win over the # 9 but it wasn't anything special.  If he gets another higher opponent he will lose.  He needs to take more time getting his skills in order.  Willis is 3-0 in the UFC just like him.  I think it's a good match up.

Image #4 HW American
VS
Image #3 HW Russian

Curtis can say whatever he wants.  What does he say?  Well he says that he doesnt want anything other than a title shot or Francis.  Francis cost too much for the UFC for them to give him to another wrestler.  The question is does Francis cost more to them then Volkov?  Russian market VS African market.  Its a good question.
Anyways this fight is a main event fight and a good one.

Image #11 FW Serbian
VS
Image #8 FW Korean

Mirsad's fight against Lamas was boring af.
He should be punished for not putting a beating on oldman Lamas.

Image #5 Flyweight  American
VS
Image #4 Flyweight Brazilian

Winner gets a title shot.
“Albums should be for all races, all tastes in music.” –Michael Jackson

JM Barrie
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Re: Fights to make after UFC 225 according to JM Barrie

Postby JM Barrie » Jun 13. 2018, 00:50

Looks like I may have gotten one

Report: Curtis Blaydes Faces Alexander Volkov At UFC Fight Night Moscow

https://www.fightful.com/mma/report-curtis-blaydes-faces-alexander-volkov-ufc-fight-night-moscow

moose84
News Pimp
News Pimp
Location: 6x CRI Champ - XV~LX~LXXX~LXXXI~CVII~CXV, 10x VIP Invitational Champ, 2x LMS Champ - I & VIII

Postby moose84 » Jun 13. 2018, 17:28

JM Barrie wrote:Looks like I may have gotten one

https://www.fightful.com/mma/report-curtis-blaydes-faces-alexander-volkov-ufc-fight-night-moscow

Curtis is out until November, sprained ankle and knee
LEATHER, ITS WHATS FOR DINNER! - PAT MILETICH

WHO WANTS A KO FOR CHRISTMAS! - FRANK SHAMROCK

MMI & OCT VS. DPI & GUS - MEXICAN STANDOFF

JM Barrie
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby JM Barrie » Jun 14. 2018, 05:02

moose84 wrote:

fake injury

JeremyHorn
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby JeremyHorn » Jun 14. 2018, 05:22

Jussier in a title eliminator? Flyweight is depressing. I know its the casual fans opinion but that division is dead, add some new contenders to bantamweight and see how mightymouse matches up with some established names
"Who hit you the hardest in your career?" Roy Nelson " My Dad"

JM Barrie
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby JM Barrie » Jun 15. 2018, 02:44

JeremyHorn wrote:Jussier in a title eliminator? Flyweight is depressing. I know its the casual fans opinion but that division is dead, add some new contenders to bantamweight and see how mightymouse matches up with some established names

Only not 'great' Flyweight he lost to is Ray Borg.

In UFC he only lose to Dodson, Benavidez and Cejudo.

JeremyHorn
BANTAMW. CHAMP
BANTAMW. CHAMP

Postby JeremyHorn » Jun 17. 2018, 00:41

JM Barrie wrote:
JeremyHorn wrote:Jussier in a title eliminator? Flyweight is depressing. I know its the casual fans opinion but that division is dead, add some new contenders to bantamweight and see how mightymouse matches up with some established names

Only not 'great' Flyweight he lost to is Ray Borg.

In UFC he only lose to Dodson, Benavidez and Cejudo.

I'm not saying Formiga isn't a great fighter it's just not compeling in the slightest to see him fight DJ, does he have a decent chance? Maybe but he's not a name, he doesn't pose any real threats to DJ and he's lost to 4 of the top 5 or 6 guys. Do you see what I'm saying ?
"Who hit you the hardest in your career?" Roy Nelson " My Dad"

xSamWaynex
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby xSamWaynex » Jun 17. 2018, 22:20

JM Barrie wrote:
moose84 wrote:

fake injury

I think you're right about the injury being fake, but he still more than likely won't be fighting until at least November, as he said in an interview "I don't think I should be back in the Octagon until after Halloween." https://www.fightful.com/mma/exclusives/curtis-blaydes-talks-ufc-225-victory-over-alistair-overeem-knee-injury-return With that said though I think that Volkov is more deserving of a title shot than him fighting Blaydes. Blaydes biggest win has been against Overeem who has never held the title, where as Volkovs biggest win has been again former champ Werdum. But hey that's just my thoughts on the matter.
"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

hippielove
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby hippielove » Jun 18. 2018, 11:13

‘Tai is coming off a win over the # 9 but it wasn't anything special.' 
I disagree! That was a damn good fight against a tough opponent. He’s not fighting backwards here JM, he’s going forward. Shit call imo. Give Tai a good lower # ranked fighter and see what happens.
★ ★ ★

Return to “MMA TALK”