Fights by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

Dana White trying to set up GSP-Nate Diaz fight

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.
Aloha
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Dana White trying to set up GSP-Nate Diaz fight

Postby Aloha » May 8. 2018, 22:06

Dana White trying to set up Georges St-Pierre-Nate Diaz fight

UFC president Dana White is doing what he can to make sure Nate Diaz gets back into the Octagon, saying he has the perfect opponent lined up.

Diaz, 33, hasn't fought since suffering a majority decision defeat to Conor McGregor in August 2016. There were rumors that he would fight McGregor again, but McGregor's antics and arrest in New York last month nipped that plan in the bud.

Instead, White has another name in the frame that he believes will take top billing at a future event.
"We are working right now to put together a Georges St-Pierre versus Nate Diaz fight," White said on the UFC Unfiltered podcast, as quoted by the Los Angeles Times. "It is true. They would fight at 155 pounds."
According to White, the fight would be at the Staples Center in Los Angeles on August 4, and he has an ideal card in mind.

He added: "In my perfect world — nothing goes perfect in this world — [T.J.] Dillashaw versus [Cody] Garbrandt, GSP versus Diaz would be the co-main, [Alexander] Gustafsson versus [Luke] Rockhold and Derek Brunson versus Antonio Carlos Jr. "It's very interesting."

St-Pierre returned to the Octogon in November after a four-year break, winning the middleweight championship from Michael Bisping.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/dana-white-trying-set-georges-172549661.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If made (can GSP even make LW?), I think this fight would probably end up as a GSP humpfest decision, especially if it is a 3-round co-main.  

But, even if this fight sucked, at least it would set up some fun LW scraps (mix and match Conor / Kabob / Nate / GSP / Tony)...

Lukn4trbl
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Re: Dana White trying to set up GSP-Nate Diaz fight

Postby Lukn4trbl » May 9. 2018, 05:43

I don't like this matchup at all.

It will be interesting to see if Nick and Nate forego their previous stance for the almighty dollar. If I recall correctly, Nate wanted nothing to do with GSP out of respect for his brother.
Baller Betting - It will make you cool.

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Postby Kizzo » May 9. 2018, 08:26

Um, didn't we already see this fight with Nick?

I rather see Woodley vs. GSP. It's a better stylistic matchup and makes more sense.
CRI XCVIII Champ
LMS XIII Champ

unmapped
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby unmapped » May 9. 2018, 21:44

go get knocked out by captain america you canadian fagggot 

Lukeo
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby Lukeo » May 10. 2018, 04:44

This is a waste. Id rather see Nate fight Barboza. Also, It seems a bit late in the day fo GSP to be going down to 155. F#ck this...

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby Robert223 » May 10. 2018, 05:11

Lukeo wrote:This is a waste. Id rather see Nate fight Barboza. Also, It seems a bit late in the day fo GSP to be going down to 155.  F#ck this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFQ0V8TcyvY&list=PLCEE01064AF877F81

hippielove
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby hippielove » May 10. 2018, 11:30

Lukn4trbl wrote:I don't like this matchup at all.

It will be interesting to see if Nick and Nate forego their previous stance for the almighty dollar.  If I recall correctly, Nate wanted nothing to do with GSP out of respect for his brother.

I totally agree!
★ Peace, Love ★ Happiness stuff ★

Lukeo
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby Lukeo » May 10. 2018, 18:07

Robert223 wrote:
Lukeo wrote:This is a waste. Id rather see Nate fight Barboza. Also, It seems a bit late in the day fo GSP to be going down to 155.  F#ck this...

no image?

bazzereth
LIGHTW. CHAMP
LIGHTW. CHAMP

Postby bazzereth » May 10. 2018, 20:04

This makes perfect sense. If GSP makes 155 and doesn't get another disease like anorexia or something, it will be a walk in the park for him. superman punch, superman punch finish with some knees a la Matt Serra 2. On to Mcgregor for the biggest fight ever besides Mayweather-Mcgregor

What will be interesting is if going to 155 will be even possible. The dude walks around at near 200lbs. That's freakin crazy. It will be fun to see if Nate takes the high road as he occasionally does complementing people, or if he goes old school with trash talk.

homegrown123
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby homegrown123 » May 11. 2018, 19:25

looks like the match making criteria = 2 recognizable names in similar weight classes

terrible. there really isn't anybody i'd want to see gsp fight though. maybe conor but not sure how much of that is because of gsp.

JackHawk MMA
H.O.F. CRI4
H.O.F. CRI4

Postby JackHawk MMA » May 11. 2018, 20:06

Brian Stann for President.

"f**k you George"

MMI - Northeast Squadron

Lukeo
H.O.F. CRI2
H.O.F. CRI2

Postby Lukeo » May 12. 2018, 06:56

^ good! f**k GSP

Poopyshoe
FEATHERW. CHAMP
FEATHERW. CHAMP

Postby Poopyshoe » May 23. 2018, 09:37

unmapped wrote:go get knocked out by captain america you canadian fagggot 

#1 He aint a "faggot" (spelling is with 2 p's it's not 3) GSP prefers black chicks if you must know. 

#2 Captain America... seriously? A guy with a 70 IQ and a mouth as dirty as my asshole before a wipe. Also the records.. whatever. Fighting a high IQ highly trained in all mma and considered by most  to be the GOAT.

#3 Bad news I very much doubt your "Captain Murica" (Omg I can't believe that's hes your pick for Captain LOL) is going to be able to get any scraps of the GSP money train even if he's eating out of the same ole dumpsters. Bwhahaha. Yes he fought/negotiated wisely and invested wisely and your punk wants some.

#4 This is what's going to happen. George has said and he don't lie. That he don't need the money. He also said he unlike other fighters doesn't have to listen to Dana White... he has lots of money and could just retire again. However he wants "legacy" fights. Well sorry buddy Nate don't make the cut. He's still on medication for colitis and is feeling much better. Training but won't fight until completely healthy.

#5 I've followed GSP since his first pro fight in Quebec. I know how he thinks. Did you know he's put out some documentaries on Paleontology he is involved in real estate does movies etc.. etc..  I doubt Nick even knows what half that shit is. GSP is going to train and wait out the winner of Connor and Kahbib therefore winning three titles in 3 different weight division's. 

Sorry about you and Captain Moron  NOT... Bwhahaha!!

:laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh
I'm old fat and outta shape, I'm gonna have to hurt you REAL bad REAL fast.

Synergy
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby Synergy » May 25. 2018, 03:22

GSP vs Nick was boring as fck. Last thing we need is him vs an even smaller Diaz.
I'd like to see him fight Khabib. Would be fun to see if he can handle Khabib's wrestling. 
That being said I don't think GSP fights unless its a fight he is sure he can win. He beat Bisping, but looked gassed by mid fight, so isn't really in fighting shape. He didn't fight any of the monsters of the MW (Rockhold, Romero, Jacare, Whitaker), rather picked the fluke title winner. 
Most importantly I would be glad if he doesn't fight again as he is by far the most boring fighter I have ever seen. He usually guarantees you a 25 min snooze fest of lay and pray and its hard to skip his fights as its the main event, rather than the prelims.

Return to “MMA TALK”