Fights by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS | MMAUP

Joe Rogan “super suspicious” of Fedor Emelianenko’s PRIDE record

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.
Kizzo
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Joe Rogan “super suspicious” of Fedor Emelianenko’s PRIDE record

Postby Kizzo » May 3. 2018, 06:30

Heavyweight legend Fedor “The Last Emperor” Emelianenko (37-5-0, 1 nc) returned to action last weekend, picking up a quick fire TKO victory over former UFC heavyweight champion Frank Mir at Bellator 198.

During his time fighting in Japan under the PRIDE banner, “The Last Emperor” built a record of 14-0-0 with 1 no contest, cementing himself in many fans eyes as the greatest heavyweight of all time. With wins over Mirko Cro Cop, Mark Hunt along with two wins a piece over Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira and Mark Coleman, Fedor’s record speaks for itself. That said, it is no secret that testing for performance enhancing drugs wasn’t much of a priority for the promotion during it’s glory years.

Speaking on the latest edition of his podcast, The Joe Rogan Experience, Rogan shared that he has some suspicions about Fedor and his PRIDE legacy.

Joe Rogan wrote:“They need to let him fight in Japan again. Get him on the right mixture,” Rogan joked. “I’m super suspicious about all those old fights now, though. I’m super suspicious. I mean steroids. I mean performance enhancing drugs. I mean we’re looking at a different human. That’s what I’m thinking.”

Few promotions have the standard of drug testing enforced by the UFC. While Bellator do carry out their own tests, they have been subject to criticism in the past for the disparity between their level of testing and the UFC’s USADA led program. Despite these criticisms, Rogan went on to explain the staggering difference between the testing standards in modern promotions and the attitude toward testing in PRIDE.

Joe Rogan wrote:“[Bellator] does some checking; they do have state athletic commissions. Japan was encouraging,” Rogan said. “Who knows who was doing what and who wasn’t doing what, but when you talk to the guys who were over there, like Enson Inoue, and he’ll tell you they had it in capital letters in the contract — WE WILL NOT TEST YOU FOR STEROIDS.”

With that in mind, it stands to reason that even if Rogan’s suspicions around Fedor’s early record are valid, it would be a reasonable to assume that in most cases, the playing field was a level one.

Joe Rogan wrote:“Whatever everybody was on back then, Fedor was still beating everybody’s ass,” Rogan said. “They were all on the same s–t; Fedor was still beating everybody’s ass.”

The full episode of the Joe Rogan Experience can be found below.

phpBB [video]

https://mmamotion.net/2018/05/02/news-joe-rogan-super-suspicious-of-fedor-emelianenkos-pride-record/
CRI XCVIII Champ
LMS XIII Champ

Robert223
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Re: Joe Rogan “super suspicious” of Fedor Emelianenko’s PRIDE record

Postby Robert223 » May 3. 2018, 07:03

Just because someone isn’t ripped doesn’t mean that they aren’t on the juice, so yeah Fedor was likely on the same shit as his opponents, to make it a level playing field and be competitive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFQ0V8TcyvY&list=PLCEE01064AF877F81

moose84
News Pimp
News Pimp
Location: 6x CRI Champ - XV~LX~LXXX~LXXXI~CVII~CXV, 10x VIP Invitational Champ, 2x LMS Champ - I & VIII

Postby moose84 » May 3. 2018, 19:10

Eh, steroids or not, he was still kicking ass like Rogan said.
LEATHER, ITS WHATS FOR DINNER! - PAT MILETICH

WHO WANTS A KO FOR CHRISTMAS! - FRANK SHAMROCK

MMI & OCT VS. DPI & GUS - MEXICAN STANDOFF

Kizzo
H.O.F. CRI1
H.O.F. CRI1

Postby Kizzo » May 3. 2018, 20:14

Cro Cop was kicking ass too...before he got off the roids.
CRI XCVIII Champ
LMS XIII Champ

MajorBA
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby MajorBA » May 3. 2018, 20:43

Old topic recycled over and over for years and years. Fedor wins one and it's a conversation piece again. Funny.
"If they will play fair I will play fair, but if they won't then I reserve all my rights to do anything I find myself able to do."-William Howard Taft

"We can't cure stupid, but we can alleviate it's symptoms."-MajorBA

homegrown123
MMA CHAMP
MMA CHAMP

Postby homegrown123 » May 3. 2018, 21:19

those were different times.

MajorBA
H.O.F.
H.O.F.

Postby MajorBA » May 3. 2018, 21:37

The game is still played.  It might surprise some to know that millions have been spent to create a more accurate test for HGH use in urine and blood samples, and what they came up with has proved less reliable than the old method.  HGH is still heavily used.

The detection of peptides like MGF and similar  molecular structures still remains elusive, and synthetic testosterone as well as other mimicking steroids can be cleared faster from liver and kidney tissue to avoid reuptake into the blood with new methods of detoxification. 

Steroid testing is very different and much more expensive than testing for typically abused prescription and recreational drugs.  It is a complicated process that takes time and meticulous human interraction every step of the way.  There is much room for error and results can easily be flawed.

Of course a lot of this stuff is much more expensive than the typical MMA fighter can afford.  Some products similar to MGF can run in the 10's of thousands of dollars for a single dose.  The negative consequences of getting caught are greater than before, but there are some still willing to take the risks.
"If they will play fair I will play fair, but if they won't then I reserve all my rights to do anything I find myself able to do."-William Howard Taft

"We can't cure stupid, but we can alleviate it's symptoms."-MajorBA

UserNameCory
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby UserNameCory » May 8. 2018, 19:41

Wow, HGH is in the ufc?

Return to “MMA TALK”