Fights by Email
FORUM | FIGHTS

Kevin Lee misses weight ahead of UFC Atlantic City main event opposite Edson Barboza

Here you can write a detailed article on any MMA subject or share MMA NEWS from Sherdog, Cagepotato, MMAmania, MMAfighting, Yahoo Sports, ... Spoiler topics are prohibited only in the VIDEO forum.
Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Re: Kevin Lee misses weight ahead of UFC Atlantic City main event opposite Edson Barboza

Postby Kizzo » May 12. 2018, 01:40

Kragge wrote:No, that is not what I base my assumption on. I didn't even mention their fight night weight. My point builds on the scientifically proven fact that the brain is more sensitive to strikes as a result of dehydration up to the day before the fight. Even if a fighter manages to rehydrate and gain some extra weight it doesn't neccesarily mean that he rehydrate his brain. This means that un-executed weight-cut up to weigh-in day is to be considered as an advantage come fight night.
Ergo, every extra pound weigh-in day is an advantage when someone spin kicks you in the head. Surely, you're not contradicting This?

You haven't actually provided any scientific evidence for any of your claims. If Edson came in more sensitive then so would have Kevin. Nor is there proof that he couldn't handle the kick if he came in 1 lbs. lighter on weigh-in day.  As guys who came in higher weight have been knocked out by guys who made weight. The 1 lbs. difference didn't make that much of an impact on the fight that you think it did.
CRI XCVIII Champ
LMS XIII Champ

Kragge
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Re: Kevin Lee misses weight ahead of UFC Atlantic City main event opposite Edson Barboza

Postby Kragge » May 12. 2018, 02:22

First of all. The evidence. You don't consider it scientifically evident that dehydration of the brain makes it more sensitive to strikes? Since the generally accepted assumption is that it does, I must ask you to provide support for the contrary.

Secondly, your point about Lee and Barboza both coming in to the fight more sensitive to strikes as a result of their weight cut, I agree with to 100%. (This is kind of my point, actually) If you accept that they both were, I think you have to accept that an additional pound would cause further sensitivity. If you don't accept this Logic, then you have to provide a reason for that all lost pound down to Where Lee actually landed on weigh-in day would have had effect on him, but that the last pound wouldn't.

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Postby Kizzo » May 12. 2018, 02:28

Kragge wrote:First of all. The evidence. You don't consider it scientifically evident that dehydration of the brain makes it more sensitive to strikes? Since the generally accepted assumption is that does, I must ask you to provide support for the contrary.

The thing is they both were dehydrated so your argument is moot.
Kragge wrote:Secondly, your point about Lee and Barboza both coming in to the fight more sensitive to strikes as a result of their weight cut, I agree with to 100%. (This is kind of my point, actually) If you accept that they both were, I think you bred to accept that an additional pound would cause further sensitivity. If you don't accept this Logic, then you have to provide a reason for that all lost pound down to Where Lee actually landed on weigh-in day would have had effect in him, but that the last pound wouldn't.

People have different sensitivities. Different distributions of water weight. They cut from different weights. Can rehydrate their brain as well. Too many variables you're ignoring while not being able to back up your claims with any proof.
You also haven't provided any proof that Kevin couldn't take that kick if he made weight as like I said fighter who came overweight have been knocked out by fighters who made weight before.
Sorry, but your argument is a very weak one. It holds no water. Pun intended.
CRI XCVIII Champ
LMS XIII Champ

Kragge
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Kragge » May 12. 2018, 02:34

Yes. They were both dehydrated. I have never contradicted this. Lee just not as dehydrated as he would have been, had he lost that last pound. Not arguing against that, are You?

Yes, sometimes smaller fighters wins fights. Not once have I claimed the contrary, so that doesn't' really concern my argument.

Kizzo
CRI1
CRI1

Postby Kizzo » May 12. 2018, 02:38

Kragge wrote:Yes. They were both dehydrated. I have never contradicted this. Lee just not as dehydrated as he would have been, had he lost that last pound. Not arguing against that, are You?

Yes, sometimes smaller fighters wins fights. Not once have I claimed the contrary, so that doesn't' really concern my argument.

No, I'm not arguing that he would have been more dehydrated if he made weight. Just saying there are alot more variables at play here besides just 1 pound and that it wasn't that significant of an impact on the fight.
We can just agree to disagree. That's fine. ;)
CRI XCVIII Champ
LMS XIII Champ

Kragge
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP
LIGHT HEAVYW. CHAMP

Postby Kragge » May 12. 2018, 02:42

Sure. I liked the intended pun earlier, by the way.

Return to “MMA TALK”